Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 GOTY Edition

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
My plan was to focus more on the side quests this time, since I didn't enjoy the story that much years ago. But I feel buried. There is too much to do, too many odd jobs. The game has been telling me to find a boat to Skellige for hours and hours now and I'm still swamped in Novigrad, not even counting all the Witcher contracts I left open, which go beyond the city. No sense of urgency, no penalty for being obsessive.

Pretend that you need more money to go to Skellige, and thus Geralt needs to do more witcha work

JDR13

Arcane
My plan was to focus more on the side quests this time, since I didn't enjoy the story that much years ago. But I feel buried. There is too much to do, too many odd jobs. The game has been telling me to find a boat to Skellige for hours and hours now and I'm still swamped in Novigrad, not even counting all the Witcher contracts I left open, which go beyond the city. No sense of urgency, no penalty for being obsessive.
The game gives you the option (that you wanted) of focusing on the sdie quests, so don't complain about a lack of urgency.

cretin

Arcane
Douchebag!
So after W2 left an awful taste in my mouth, I was looking forward to jumping back into my beloved W3EE mod only to find out the NEKS JEN update isnt optional. So to get back to 1.32 , I would have to download 50gbs, THEN switch branches to the "classic" build, and download 50gb all over again.

On top of this, apparently the now classic "1.32" build isnt actually 1.32 proper, and is some half retarded offspring that has none of the dubious improvements but all of the same missing options and performance loss.

What is it with tranny companies these days not being able to leave perfectly functional shit alone. Maybe its some psychosomatic projection of their inability to leave their cocks alone.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Decided to play twitcher 3 with the new update and hyped about the game's reactivity how I saw on youbute, there's a lot of videos there "if you do this or that it will change dialogues! the game's so reactive!"

Well, after getting the quest at the Bloody Baron's place for smithing some kind of a power-armor decided to fuck it all and go instantly to Skellige to get it. Lowered difficulty level not to bother with trash mobs too much but tbh I avoid almost all enemies anyway.

Got to skellige, jumped into water and went on that empty island.

Got into a cave, and Geralt started talking about "probably both of them went here", i have no idea who he talks about. Then found the food storage of that giant and Geralt started talking about how "Hjalmar isn't here" (i have no idea who he is).

Yeah, great reactivity. Gonna continue this hilarious journey.

Semiurge

Cipher
Decided to play twitcher 3 with the new update and hyped about the game's reactivity how I saw on youbute, there's a lot of videos there "if you do this or that it will change dialogues! the game's so reactive!"

Well, after getting the quest at the Bloody Baron's place for smithing some kind of a power-armor decided to fuck it all and go instantly to Skellige to get it. Lowered difficulty level not to bother with trash mobs too much but tbh I avoid almost all enemies anyway.

Got to skellige, jumped into water and went on that empty island.

Got into a cave, and Geralt started talking about "probably both of them went here", i have no idea who he talks about. Then found the food storage of that giant and Geralt started talking about how "Hjalmar isn't here" (i have no idea who he is).

Yeah, great reactivity. Gonna continue this hilarious journey.

You're hurting the game by playing it wrong like that.

Old Hans

Arcane
Bloody Baron's place for smithing some kind of a power-armor
I can still feel the total disappointment when I finally finished this quest and was rewarded with generic heavy nilfgard armor I couldn't even wear because it had some absurd level requirement.

Tyrr

Liturgist
Bloody Baron's place for smithing some kind of a power-armor
I can still feel the total disappointment when I finally finished this quest and was rewarded with generic heavy nilfgard armor I couldn't even wear because it had some absurd level requirement.
Well, the armor was made by a woman. Of course it was disappointing, what did you expect?

Is it actually possible to get noticeably better weapon or armor through any quest as compared to what you'd get from killing any loitering enemy or opening chests in the middle of nowhere in order to get a random leveled weapon or armor drop? In my experience anything considered "better" is either: A. Worse, B. Just higher leveled so you can't wear it, or C. +2% stamina +1% yrden efficiency +5% resistance to poisoning oh my god I'm going to cum from this improvement.

Tyrr

Liturgist
Is it actually possible to get noticeably better weapon or armor through any quest as compared to what you'd get from killing any loitering enemy or opening chests in the middle of nowhere in order to get a random leveled weapon or armor drop?
The only thing that comes to my mind is the Lady of the Lake quest in Toussaint. But the game is almost over at that point anyway.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Is it actually possible to get noticeably better weapon or armor through any quest as compared to what you'd get from killing any loitering enemy or opening chests in the middle of nowhere in order to get a random leveled weapon or armor drop?
The only thing that comes to my mind is the Lady of the Lake quest in Toussaint. But the game is almost over at that point anyway.
Well, technically you could complete that quest at the very start of the expansion, thus being able to enjoy the power of Aerondight for tens of hours.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
BAE80B4B91735EB02BBD8FC2E5E2D4D431C732CF

Semiurge

Cipher

It's these

t5qn11bqehaa1.jpg

among other things. I thought those were from loverslabs to replace the crones or something, judging by the ridiculous pubic grooming.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

It's these

t5qn11bqehaa1.jpg

among other things. I thought those were from loverslabs to replace the crones or something, judging by the ridiculous pubic grooming.
What the hell is up with these modders and them making their models so doll-like and plastic looking?

It's these

t5qn11bqehaa1.jpg

To be fair, what kind of a monster would spend time to shave their vag with a landing strip? Back then, monster or village woman, you are just talking about a lot of fur...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom