Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 GOTY Edition

9ted6

Educated
In case the fact the books(...) are full of dumbass wimpy men getting bossed around by massively stronger and more influential women at all times didn't spell out his views.
Any citations?
Geralt himself is one of the best examples with how he's literally cucked and whines about it yet simps for Yennefer and Triss at every opportunity, but besides him the trend of both the books and the games is that if women are in power they're either smart and noble or they're ruthless and master manipulators. If men are in power they're either stupid and spineless or cartoon villains.

If women aren't in power they're still either always better than men but kept down or cartoonishly mistreated by them in a way similar to ASOIAF.

The only positive portrayal of religious characters in the otherwise very anti theistic books is with female clergy, another example.

And the second best example to Geralt would be Ciri who is a genderbent self insert that's supremely intelligent, strong, skilled, and important to every character and event in the fictional world, and she's also a lesbian who doesn't like men and comments on how bad and or weak they are compared to women.

Don't know what other sources you need to prove Twitcher is and always was cucked.

The trick of trad societies is that women are the ones that are actually in charge in the household - managers of money, educators of children, defenders of the family unit.

So in a way it's kind of a good portrait of slavic values.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
In case the fact the books(...) are full of dumbass wimpy men getting bossed around by massively stronger and more influential women at all times didn't spell out his views.
Any citations?
Geralt himself is one of the best examples with how he's literally cucked and whines about it yet simps for Yennefer and Triss at every opportunity, but besides him the trend of both the books and the games is that if women are in power they're either smart and noble or they're ruthless and master manipulators. If men are in power they're either stupid and spineless or cartoon villains.

If women aren't in power they're still either always better than men but kept down or cartoonishly mistreated by them in a way similar to ASOIAF.

The only positive portrayal of religious characters in the otherwise very anti theistic books is with female clergy, another example.

And the second best example to Geralt would be Ciri who is a genderbent self insert that's supremely intelligent, strong, skilled, and important to every character and event in the fictional world, and she's also a lesbian who doesn't like men and comments on how bad and or weak they are compared to women.

Don't know what other sources you need to prove Twitcher is and always was cucked.
C i t a t i o n s. Give me direct quotes backing up your statements. Cause I recall both noble and principled men in power, as well as positive depictions of male clergy.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
The trick of trad societies is that women are the ones that are actually in charge in the household - managers of money, educators of children, defenders of the family unit.

So in a way it's kind of a good portrait of slavic values.

The hand that rocks the cradle already ruled the world, especially in times and places where they decide which genes make it to the next.

Patriarchy is just giving men some skin in the game. Chix against it are either tyrants or barren. Or both.

Falksi

Arcane
Any citations?

Aye. Geralt's such a fucking pussy-whipped whelp when it comes to Yen. I'd have fucking slapped the tart many a time with how she gobs off at him. Cucked as fuck in Witcher 3 especially.

Skinwalker

*teleports inside you*
Patron
Village Idiot
or cartoon villains.
Radovid did nothing wrong.
This. This game's built-in wikipedia infuriated me by doing two things:

1. Existing.
2. Going out of its way to lecture me, the player, that dopplegangers and "higher vampires" are extremely wonderful and can easily coexist with humans and anyone who thinks otherwise is a xenophobic bigot.

They went out of their way to artificially make these creatures out to be extremely tolerable, even by going so far as to establish that vampires DON'T need to drink human blood, and they're also not undead, and aren't weak to sunlight, fire, water, certainly not to any holy objects, what's left that even makes them vampires? Oh, and dopplegangers are just fundamentally wonderful and gentle persons, never-mind that their whole existence is a lie.

Because if you don't rig the game, then suddenly the more savvy player (with even a modicum of critical thinking) starts imagining living in a world where at any point any powerful person can be replaced by a very difficult to detect non-human impersonator (like the Novigrad police chief) with unknown motivations, and Radovid's + Roman Catholic Eternal Fire Church's pyres suddenly become not so monstrous and superstitious.

If witches are real, it's not at all wrong to burn them at the stake. Same goes for vampires, dopplegangers, demons, and anyone else with unchecked superpowers and no loyalty to humanity. Oh, but don't consider that side of the equation, because monsters are wonderful persons and humans are the real monsters, you bigot.

Last edited:

Ryzer

Arcane
or cartoon villains.
Yes! Anyone killing Radovid is a class A retard.
Witches are the scums of the Witcher universe, pretty shell of their ugly face and nature, they perverted, cheated and mutilated many.

I mean the lady of the woods literally show how bad witches are.
Radovid cleansing this mess is based.

Sweeper

Arcane
2. Going out of its way to lecture me, the player, that dopplegangers and "higher vampires" are extremely wonderful and can easily coexist with humans and anyone who thinks otherwise is a xenophobic bigot.
It might have gotten even worse over the years. I, being the eternal retard that I am, decided to give another go to the unholy trinity of shit RPGs (Witcher 3, Fallout 4 and Pillars of Eternity) just to see if I'd dislike them as much as I did on release.
They added a new quest in, a tie-in from the show, called In the Eternal Fire's Shadow where some priests decided to lock in everyone suffering from a plague in a mine. They've shown church do bad thing, fair enough. Then they decide to beat you over the head with it in the conclusion.
No subtlety, no nuance, just a fucking self insert of the scribblers and their political leanings. Show, tell and then be sure to beat the player over the head with it. I hate Jews, but I hate the video game scribbler Jew more than any other.

Ryzer

Arcane
Also daily reminder that Witcher 3 shows that being authoritarian with iron fist can be really good.

To prove it, Novigrad under Radovid is the most prosperous city in the mainland.

Thieves, burglars, witches, monsters stopped threatening peaceful citizens.

Skinwalker

*teleports inside you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Nooo, dieversity is (((our))) strength!!

It's funny how Radovid is simultaneously a batshit insane bigoted fool who's raving total nonsense AND a genius master tactician who outwits the largest empire in human history and will actually win the war and take Temeria from them (and cause Emyr to be deposed) if he isn't killed by Geraldo during the game.

The writers were clearly terrified that too many players wouldn't get that this is the "you are supposed to hate this guy and celebrate when he's killed" character. The game has more animosity towards Radovid and the Church than the Wild Hunt and the crones, lol.

9ted6

Educated
or cartoon villains.
This. This game's built-in wikipedia infuriated me by doing two things:

1. Existing.
That's the source material for you too. It's as much a Religion Is Bad setting as it is one about feminism or whatever else. Which isn't surprising considering Geralt is the Polish copy of Elric and the Elric books are also full of heavyhanded anti religious talking points.

Where a nuanced fantasy world would say that Radovid and the Eternal Fire do often catch innocent people in their actions and can be corrupt, but they themselves have a point and are trying to protect people from evil and destructive creatures that exist, what Witcher does is say that Rad Man Bad and the Eternal Fire are a bunch of murderous retards hunting down innocent pacifist monsters.

Sweeper

Arcane
As annoying as all the cuck shit is, it's nowhere near the game's worst sin thoughever. The itemization is mind numbingly retarded.
It's like if you tried to purposefully come up with worse itemization than Twitcher 3 you'd be unable to do so. It's like the opposite of a masterpiece, something so horrible it actually requires talent to create.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
If witches are real, it's not at all wrong to burn them at the stake. Same goes for vampires, dopplegangers, demons, and anyone else with unchecked superpowers and no loyalty to humanity. Oh, but don't consider that side of the equation, because monsters are wonderful persons and humans are the real monsters, you bigot.
vtfoNMJ.jpg

Skinwalker

*teleports inside you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Where a nuanced fantasy world would say that Radovid and the Eternal Fire do often catch innocent people in their actions and can be corrupt, but they themselves have a point and are trying to protect people from evil and destructive creatures that exist
Impossible for wokinistas. Christianity and muh patriarchy exist only to be vilified and destroyed, and (White) humans are always guilty of not being accommodating enough to other races. The other races themselves are under no such obligation towards humans, however.

I was almost surprised that there wasn't any option for Geraldo to meet and invariably insult, and possibly murder hierarch "Hemmelfart".

ferratilis

Magister
As annoying as all the cuck shit is, it's nowhere near the game's worst sin thoughever. The itemization is mind numbingly retarded.
It's like if you tried to purposefully come up with worse itemization than Twitcher 3 you'd be unable to do so. It's like the opposite of a masterpiece, something so horrible it actually requires talent to create.
Larian and Owlcat: hold my beer

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
That's the source material for you too. It's as much a Religion Is Bad setting as it is one about feminism or whatever else.
This is false.

The Eternal Fire is presented as ultimately positive in the short stories, and doesn't really play any role in the novels. The high priest of Kreve in Rinde is depicted as a principled, helpful man. The Good Book detailing the life of the Prophet Lebioda is the source of inspiration for important characters. The cult of Melitele is presented as a positive force. The goddess Freya herself intervenes on behalf of Yennefer.

The third game, admittedly, completely misses the point. The earlier ones - not quite as much.

cretin

Arcane
Douchebag!
I dont know why but i get the feeling the release of the official modding tools wont actually prosper anything notable.

9ted6

Educated
That's the source material for you too. It's as much a Religion Is Bad setting as it is one about feminism or whatever else.
The high priest of Kreve in Rinde is depicted as a principled, helpful man. The Good Book detailing the life of the Prophet Lebioda is the source of inspiration for important characters. The cult of Melitele is presented as a positive force. The goddess Freya herself intervenes on behalf of Yennefer.

The third game, admittedly, completely misses the point. The earlier ones - not quite as much.
1. The priest of a god they hint is female.
2. A dubiously genuine prophet who was eaten and shit out by a dragon because Poop Funny and his cultists now kiss the fecal remains because Poop Funny. Like the other prominent male religious figure who's literally named Fart.
3. A positive goddess cult.
4. A positive goddess.

I did say that the books are very anti religion unless women are involved, then the feminism kicks in and suddenly despite the last chapter talking about how evil and ignorant religious people are these religious people are good because women are always good.

But don't worry, the next chapter will show off an evil bigoted inquisitor named Butt who worships a male god and his evil patriarchal maleness until Geraldo gives him a privilege check in between his hourly whippings from Triss or Yenn.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom