Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 Pre-Expansion Thread

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
They should make all enemies teleport behind you if they can't reach you for 3 seconds. Would shut some dumbfucks up.
:lol:

Perkel

Arcane

No reason. He always call his horse a Roach. He didn't give a shit about horse and if a horse is shitty complains he will sell it to farmers for ploughin

I'm not sure how this may be related but 'Płotka' in polish also carries the connotation of 'insignificant'.

Also this. Like i said he doesn't give a shit about his horses.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Beowulf

Arcane
No reason. He always call his horse a Roach. He didn't give a shit about horse and if a horse is shitty complains he will sell it to farmers for ploughin

iYiptaw.jpg

Doktor Best

Arcane
The enemy AI is titty fucking amazing!

Difficulty is set at Blood and Broken Bones. Managed to take the whole fort with my level 4 Geralt XD.

Exploiting an AI bug, how original. Because other games have no AI bug.

Bug? That aint no fucking bug. The AI is literally just that bad. I catch them doing this stupid shit all of the time. But sure lets just make up excuses for shitty programming. Fucking brilliant idea. "AI going full retard you say? Well fuck you buddy, it's all your fault for playing the game wrong!"

You're an idiot.

LOLZ GOTHIC ALSO HAD THOSE KINDA AI BUGS! WORST GAME EVURR!!!!!

dont you realize what a fucktard you are for demanding a completely fluid and flawless AI system in your action rpgs when it has exactly been achieved zero times in gaming history?

and yes ofcourse, AI is fucking up occasionally, but i would call that "all the time" remark of yours a blatand exaggeration.

cepheiden

Educated
LOLZ GOTHIC ALSO HAD THOSE KINDA AI BUGS! WORST GAME EVURR!!!!!

dont you realize what a fucktard you are for demanding a completely fluid and flawless AI system in your action rpgs when it has exactly been achieved zero times in gaming history?

and yes ofcourse, AI is fucking up occasionally, but i would call that "all the time" remark of yours a blatand exaggeration.

Except that Gothic only had a fraction of the development cost and never presented AI getting stuck on thin air. Not even once.
Seriously there is no excuse for those AIs in the video to not reach the player, other than just shitty design.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Okay so far I am really digging it. The atmosphere is so good, landscapes look believable, characters aren't derpy.

I actually quite like the combat, feels good with a controller.

Only thing I dont like is the controls of Geralt in small enclosed spaces, it just... doesnt feel right? And the radius for context sensitive stuff (picking up items) is way too small.

bonescraper

I don't get why big-budget AAA companies even bother to localize to Japan. The copies sold are so low it seems like it must barely recoup the costs of translation.
70,000 copies in first week isn't a bad result, especially for a non-jap game.
Is there any reason the quite awkward already name 'Roach' of the horse is translated into 'Plötze'? It sounds like something hiver would love to put into his vocabulary amidst the shit slurping. I hope there isn't more of this, as I quite enjoy the german voice for Geralt.

It's also a name for a fish.:eek:
:nocountryforshitposters:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_roach

That's how Geralt names all his horses in the books.

Last edited by a moderator:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
That's it, this game is shit. Geralt has no dick!!!!

1273300894521450125.jpg

In The Witcher 3, Geralt is one swinging dude. He must have some libido! Seems he doesn’t have much of a weenie—or, for that matter, any whatsoever.

Note: Some readers might find this content objectionable.

Website PC Games.de (via tipster James) installed a free-camera mod that allows players to explore the in-game world and the world of Geralt’s crotch. (Previously, we saw how this mod showed that NPCs get freaky when you’re not looking).

It’s not surprising that this character model is penis-free. Video game dicks are hard!

But, in case you were wondering what Geralt’s nether regions looked like, here ya go:

1273300894580353677.jpg

1273300894650607757.jpg

1273300894714928013.jpg

Goodness.

Heresiarch

Prophet
FUCKING BUG MAKES ME NOT GETTING ANY EXPERIENCE FROM QUESTS. FUCK FUCK FFFFUUUUUCK

Now I am stuck with a whole fucking weekend without Witcher 3. What kind of blasphemy is this!? What am I supposed to play? Finish Pillars of Eternity?!? Play Cities Skylines?!?!? I WANT WITCHER 3, NOT SHITTY POE!!!!

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/42937-Addressing-the-no-XP-Glitch?p=1718761#post1718761

We would like to let everyone know that we are aware of the XP glitch players are reporting and we are working to have it fixed as soon as possible across all platforms (Monday for PC & patch 1.04 on consoles in the following days).

At the same time we want to shed some light on the issue. First of all, it doesn't impact the game balance in any significant way. Also, you will be able to finish the game with your character achieving a level within the threshold we had in mind when we designed the game.

We hope this clears things up a bit. Again, rest assured, we won’t stop working on improving the game and there are more patches coming in the near future.

So apparently it doesn't impact the game balance if you can't level up. Uh-huh.

hivemind

So the "day 1" patches and stuff fixed all the little annoying things and I can start playing the game now?

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Read the posts directly above yours man. Game still has a huge flaw: No Geralt cock.

Also some minor thing about not being able to level up.

bonescraper

This game made me appreciate our (mostly) pre-christian folklore and mythology. I just ordered 3 books on Polish legends, dragons and slavic ghosts and monsters. It's funny how we know more about Norse or Greek mythology, than our own.

If anyone's interested, i may do a write up later on about floklore inspirations for the monsters, quests and easter eggs found in the Witcher games.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
FUCKING BUG MAKES ME NOT GETTING ANY EXPERIENCE FROM QUESTS. FUCK FUCK FFFFUUUUUCK

Now I am stuck with a whole fucking weekend without Witcher 3. What kind of blasphemy is this!? What am I supposed to play? Finish Pillars of Eternity?!? Play Cities Skylines?!?!? I WANT WITCHER 3, NOT SHITTY POE!!!!
I play Tales of Xillia.

Heresiarch

Prophet
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/42937-Addressing-the-no-XP-Glitch?p=1718761#post1718761

We would like to let everyone know that we are aware of the XP glitch players are reporting and we are working to have it fixed as soon as possible across all platforms (Monday for PC & patch 1.04 on consoles in the following days).

At the same time we want to shed some light on the issue. First of all, it doesn't impact the game balance in any significant way. Also, you will be able to finish the game with your character achieving a level within the threshold we had in mind when we designed the game.

We hope this clears things up a bit. Again, rest assured, we won’t stop working on improving the game and there are more patches coming in the near future.

So apparently it doesn't impact the game balance if you can't level up. Uh-huh.

I think he made a point though (lol I actually made a response in that thread). Even as I am missing XP left and right, I am still ridiculously overleveled for the main quests.

So I guess IF I do get all those missing XP back, I would instantly become overleveled so that the main quest become gray, and thus won't be able to provide XP to me anyways.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
This game made me appreciate our (mostly) pre-christian folklore and mythology. I just ordered 3 books on Polish legends, dragons and slavic ghosts and monsters. It's funny how we know more about Norse or Greek mythology, than our own.

If anyone's interested, i may do a write up later on about floklore inspirations for the monsters, quests and easter eggs found in the Witcher games.
This'd be cool, thanks.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I think he made a point though (lol I actually made a response in that thread). Even as I am missing XP left and right, I am still ridiculously overleveled for the main quests.

It's probably because you're still turning in quests you had accepted before patch 1.04. These still give you the full XP.

But now anything new I turn in comes with zilch-zero-nada XP. I've a bunch of contracts and quests in my journal I had accepted a week ago but they're all 10 levels above me and obviously I can't even make a dent in those monsters and mobs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom