Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Ah okay, thanks again hehe. My Witcher lore isn't up to scratch :)

The only W2 location on that map is La Valette from the Prologue. If you follow the river down the map from Oxenfurt (rus. Оксенфурт) the orange fort where the river forks should be La Valette.

Interesting. Next to that undead land. Wonder what the hell that is?

ZagorTeNej

Arcane
Dodging made you vulnerable to other attacks, you were invincible while riposting, did higher damage and had a chance to instakill your opponents. Why the heck would you roll unless your stamina was depleted.

-I'm not invincible while waiting for the slow ass attack from the enemy and riposte icon to appear, blocking/parrying isn't free (drains stamina and I'm still taking damage).

-Riposte isn't super reliable in working, sometimes it glitches and the icon doesn't appear.

-It's absolutely useless against hordes of monsters I'll be facing, bosses and sorcerers as well.

Rolling on the other hand is:

-Free.

-Works against anything the game throws at you from monsters to soldiers to bosses.

-Is a great way of putting some distance between you and the enemy if you get crowded.

corvus

Arcane
I found a map with locations in English:

witcher-3-wild-hunt-map1.jpg

hiver

Except you dont get to travel through all of that "world" but only FOUR smaller areas cut out of that "world map".

-edit-

well... no, maybe im wrong. I based that on one of the recent videos but it might be that the guy got it wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:

norolim

Arcane
TW2 locations would be east of Vizima outside of the map. The map above isn't really in scale and more schematic to highlight the important locations. E.g. the Pontar valley where TW2 took place, extends way to the East and doesn't originate north or Vizima.
The world changed in W3, because magic and disaster...

Interesting. Next to that undead land. Wonder what the hell that is?
It's called Grayrocks in English, but I don't really remember a place like this from the lore. The whole area below Pontar is a war ravaged No Man's Land. It might just be a particularly devastated part of that.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
@ZagorTeNej
Getting some low level ability reduces damage while parrying to 0 and another that lowers your vitality drain, which means that unless you are surrounded by monsters there is no reason not to riposte everything to death. So yeah a fight against a single enemy would look similar to the one in the video. Riposte is not that useful against many enemies, but on the other hand so are the dodges from the video.

Ptosio

Arcane
Some footage. Combat seems to be largely witcher 2 like, rolling around like a Goron and hitting shit with your sword before rolling away again. >.>

Great. They had for fucking years and yet it's still the same story. Fuck:/

Rolling should cost stamina. Quen should never absorb ALL of damage. That's how you fix the game, is is still to hard?

Yeah I know you probably can play it differently, it's just the game mechanics shouldn't encourage shitty gameplay, that's some really crappy design.

hiver

But there MIGHT be some player who couldnt handle it while he doesnt pay any attention to what he is dooooing!

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
That's what you get, a shitty real time combat when you create a game on a modified engine which used turn based combat originaly (neverwinter nights, aurora, witcher 1)

norolim

Arcane
But there MIGHT be some player who couldnt handle it while he doesnt pay any attention to what he is dooooing!
Yeah, like this one:

I mean, any game will look bad, when a complete idiot tries to play it. On the other hand, I agree that there should be a Stamina penalty for rolling. And I'm hoping there is one on Hard difficulty.

Dear lord are we still on the Aurora Engine hangup?
Nah, it's just Makabb. You have to take into consideration that he's powered by an only slightly modified ape engine, though.

Seems like CD Projekt took notes from their mentors at Bioware and copied the limited skills selection. Still 12 in TW3 is better than 8 in DAI :salute:

No, but honestly whose fucking idea was that?:retarded: Various builds my ass:roll: geralt apparently forgets how to throw a dagger cause i did not pick up that skill before the fight:retarded:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Seems like CD Projekt took notes from their mentors at Bioware and copied the limited skills selection. Still 12 in TW3 is better than 8 in DAI :salute:

No, but honestly whose fucking idea was that?:retarded: Various builds my ass:roll: geralt apparently forgets how to throw a dagger cause i did not pick up that skill before the fight:retarded:
The school of Sawyerism: it doesnt have to make sense. It works like this because fuck you!

DramaticPopcorn

The school of Sawyerism: it doesnt have to make sense. It works like this because fuck you!
:lol:

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Just saw the trailer and I have a question. Is there any romanceable companion? Will we be able to plow that fair and ashen haired maiden? I need to know, it's important.
She's Geralt's daughter... kinda.
That's the basic premise of the story. When Yennefer finds out that Geralt has an affair with their adopted daughter she is furious and the lovers must flee the terrible wrath of the scorned sorceress. Thus begins an epic adventure that will put their fragile love to the test.
And thus they made a game based on two classic books, Wiedźmin and Lolita. :5/5:

Parsifarka

Arcane
Why are people excited for this console trash?
I want to know Ciri, I love her, I need her; plus
2844675-ritual.jpg

The game probably will be absolute trash as RPG, but anyways seems like it'll have a beautiful world providing awesome walking and riding simulation garnished with some entertaining combat and the cool polish voice of witcher telling people to go fuck themselves.
Of course I'll wait for the EE for 20€, until then I'll be amused with the hate here while people secretly enjoy this handholding cinematic experience full of blood and boobs, even racism. OMG, this game is so fucking mature.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
As long as the potion buff duration isn't short enough that this sort of shit below happens, I'm okay with that.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
I can't watch these early previews of witcher videos, all of them are made by people who squeek, squeel and try to be pewdiepie as hard as they can be, angryjoe compared to them is a proffesional review journalist.

Dear lord are we still on the Aurora Engine hangup?
Nah, it's just Makabb. You have to take into consideration that he's powered by an only slightly modified ape engine, though.

So you are saying that witcher 1 did not run on neverwinters nights aurora engine ?

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom