Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

ZagorTeNej

Arcane
IIRC you could do that in Witcher 2.

Morkar Left

PC retail version FAQ:

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...nt-Retail-PC-Version-FAQ?p=1629577&viewfull=1

Looks like you need to register the game on GOG to get the free DLC, etc. Which is kind of pointless, because pirates will just pirate the DLC too.

EDIT - it is not long, so quoting fully.

Q: Will there be any sort of serial number provided in the retail PC box?
A: The game does not require any serial code to install or play. However, each retail PC copy of Wild Hunt will contain an additional GOG.com game code for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. See below for details.

Q: What is the GOG.com game code found in the box used for?
The game code grants you access to a digital backup copy of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt on GOG.com. You will also receive full software support, i.e. future updates, as well as all the additional content like the 16 Free DLCs, the FLAC & MP3 soundtrack, comics, wallpapers, art book, all voice over packs and more.
This is the exact opposite of what they were saying a month ago in the FAQ that was on GOG, I even posted about it in the GOG thread. I hope this guys is not wrong or I'll be pissed when it turns out I bought a game I can't even install.

To summarize:
1. you need to download a small file/patch on day 1 to play the game, no mentioning of registering somewhere.
2. If you want to download the dlc / additional goodies and further patches you need a gog account. The game itself has no drm and neither has gog. It's basically just a downloading platform (you can use a fake e-mail / personality if you want). The gog-game counts as an additional free copy besides the one on disk

Where's the problem? It's basically better than the old serial-key system because you don't have to enter it everytime you reinstall and you need no disc in your drive to play. Pretty good solution!

Divinity: Original Sin
We are reaching times that even if you pirate a game, the fact that you have to download a file, extract a crack .exe and put it in the game's directory will be considered DRM.

Have to download a patch? DRM too.

IIRC, some abandoware websites require login.

hiver

He also says he cares the most about hairs bobbing up and down nicely and rousey clouds in the distance... not all that story and combat...

... Alfreed! My suit!

TNOchan

Novice
  • With perfect timing on arrow deflection you can actually send an arrow back to the one that shot it.
I can accept blocking a arrow with your sword, since he is a mutant and all, but sending it back? Come on.
funny-gif-Kenshiro-North-Star-arrow.gif

Gerrard

Arcane
PC retail version FAQ:

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...nt-Retail-PC-Version-FAQ?p=1629577&viewfull=1

Looks like you need to register the game on GOG to get the free DLC, etc. Which is kind of pointless, because pirates will just pirate the DLC too.

EDIT - it is not long, so quoting fully.

Q: Will there be any sort of serial number provided in the retail PC box?
A: The game does not require any serial code to install or play. However, each retail PC copy of Wild Hunt will contain an additional GOG.com game code for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. See below for details.

Q: What is the GOG.com game code found in the box used for?
The game code grants you access to a digital backup copy of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt on GOG.com. You will also receive full software support, i.e. future updates, as well as all the additional content like the 16 Free DLCs, the FLAC & MP3 soundtrack, comics, wallpapers, art book, all voice over packs and more.
This is the exact opposite of what they were saying a month ago in the FAQ that was on GOG, I even posted about it in the GOG thread. I hope this guys is not wrong or I'll be pissed when it turns out I bought a game I can't even install.

To summarize:
1. you need to download a small file/patch on day 1 to play the game, no mentioning of registering somewhere.
2. If you want to download the dlc / additional goodies and further patches you need a gog account. The game itself has no drm and neither has gog. It's basically just a downloading platform (you can use a fake e-mail / personality if you want). The gog-game counts as an additional free copy besides the one on disk

Where's the problem? It's basically better than the old serial-key system because you don't have to enter it everytime you reinstall and you need no disc in your drive to play. Pretty good solution!
I'm talking about the "you get a digital copy on GOG with physical purchase" thing. Earlier they were saying there won't be anything like that.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Did a mini-recap on the combat system of TW1 & TW2. Hopefully TW3 will .... lol who am I kidding? Let's hope it doesnt' suck.

Good stuff, the only thing you missed is that you can dodge by double tapping WASD keys in Kurwa 1.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
  • With perfect timing on arrow deflection you can actually send an arrow back to the one that shot it.
I can accept blocking a arrow with your sword, since he is a mutant and all, but sending it back? Come on.
Yup, that is retarded. It was retarded in Dragon Age: Origins and has not become less so with time.

hiver

made

Thats is the console version so... what else can be expected.
Seems pretty obvious when the screens are from PC or not.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Or CDPR bamboozled everyone. Those ULTRA settings better be worth it, dammit.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Whoooooooo caaaaaarreeeeeessssss????? Fuuuucckiiiiinnng graaaaphhhiiiiiccccc whooooreeeessssss!!!!!

hiver

hiver
Supposedly it's a screenshot posted by nvidia.
huh... ok, obligatory amd joke?

But really, i wouldnt think so. Its not just the low textures but just the whole thing is low res and quality. Like there is no depth and the light is just shite. Worse then skyrim obliblion.
Maybe it was captured on youtube or something.

Compare to screens whiteguts posted few posts back, or any of the videos. Even those for consoles look better then that.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
Whoooooooo caaaaaarreeeeeessssss????? Fuuuucckiiiiinnng graaaaphhhiiiiiccccc whooooreeeessssss!!!!!

It's not really about caring,it's about them blatantly lying about their product,those sons of bitches still deny the fact that the game was downgraded and they keep bullshitting their costumers.People bought new hardware to run this crappy game with decent visuals and now they are getting buttfucked by those lying sons of whores.
The problem is that recently, there seems to be a trend to lie about your product and when they get caught red handed the only thing you get in return is ''What did you expected,it was only a prototype''.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

It's not really about caring,it's about them blatantly lying about their product,those sons of bitches still deny the fact that the game was downgraded and they keep bullshitting their costumers.People bought new hardware to run this crappy game with decent visuals and now they are getting buttfucked by those lying sons of whore.
The problem is that recently, there seems to be a trend to lie about your product and when they get caught red handed the only thing you get in return is ''What did you expected,it was only a prototype''.
No disagreement here. That downgrade is pathetic. I still hope that the PC version on Ultra will look amazing, and those pictures don't do the game justice.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom