Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
"GOG digital only"masterrace reporting in. :P

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
yes, because many people would want a feature to turn off the blood. :)

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
yPW3CWw.jpg

Pops' mold antidote? Looks like the game rather needs a pop-a-mole antidote. I wonder if they named that antidote as a wink to the popamole-despising community (us?), though...

hiver

and removing difficulty so you can get all the "story" (blood, boobs and ploughing) without doing anything difficult for it.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
lol at GOG response. People will simply download pirated DLC.

Imo it is their take on required by pubs lock system. Earlier they had online activation and when they removed they were knife fighting with their pub.

So they will get people on GOG and pubs will be happy that there is something because you buy game instead of downloading and they don't need to shell out for activation severs because GOG already has it covered.

They don't want people to not pirate the DLC, they want them to register on GoG. Steam got many customers by Valve and retarded publishers forcing people to registers their games on Steam. Now GoG wants to do the same, but in a less aggressive manner.

Gerrard

Arcane
PC retail version FAQ:

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...nt-Retail-PC-Version-FAQ?p=1629577&viewfull=1

Looks like you need to register the game on GOG to get the free DLC, etc. Which is kind of pointless, because pirates will just pirate the DLC too.

EDIT - it is not long, so quoting fully.

Q: Will there be any sort of serial number provided in the retail PC box?
A: The game does not require any serial code to install or play. However, each retail PC copy of Wild Hunt will contain an additional GOG.com game code for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. See below for details.

Q: What is the GOG.com game code found in the box used for?
The game code grants you access to a digital backup copy of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt on GOG.com. You will also receive full software support, i.e. future updates, as well as all the additional content like the 16 Free DLCs, the FLAC & MP3 soundtrack, comics, wallpapers, art book, all voice over packs and more.
This is the exact opposite of what they were saying a month ago in the FAQ that was on GOG, I even posted about it in the GOG thread. I hope this guys is not wrong or I'll be pissed when it turns out I bought a game I can't even install.

RK47

Patron
lol at GOG response. People will simply download pirated DLC.

Imo it is their take on required by pubs lock system. Earlier they had online activation and when they removed they were knife fighting with their pub.

So they will get people on GOG and pubs will be happy that there is something because you buy game instead of downloading and they don't need to shell out for activation severs because GOG already has it covered.

They don't want people to not pirate the DLC, they want them to register on GoG. Steam got many customers by Valve and retarded publishers forcing people to registers their games on Steam. Now GoG wants to do the same, but in a less aggressive manner.

Good thing I bought it on Origins :lol:

16 Free DLCs.

...wow. season pass motherfucker

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
New PS4 gameplay.

PC retail version FAQ:

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...nt-Retail-PC-Version-FAQ?p=1629577&viewfull=1

Looks like you need to register the game on GOG to get the free DLC, etc. Which is kind of pointless, because pirates will just pirate the DLC too.

EDIT - it is not long, so quoting fully.

Q: Will there be any sort of serial number provided in the retail PC box?
A: The game does not require any serial code to install or play. However, each retail PC copy of Wild Hunt will contain an additional GOG.com game code for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. See below for details.

Q: What is the GOG.com game code found in the box used for?
The game code grants you access to a digital backup copy of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt on GOG.com. You will also receive full software support, i.e. future updates, as well as all the additional content like the 16 Free DLCs, the FLAC & MP3 soundtrack, comics, wallpapers, art book, all voice over packs and more.
This is the exact opposite of what they were saying a month ago in the FAQ that was on GOG, I even posted about it in the GOG thread. I hope this guys is not wrong or I'll be pissed when it turns out I bought a game I can't even install.

Note this, though:

Q: Do I need Internet access to install the retail PC version of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt?

A: The initial, pre-premiere retail PC batch of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt needs to download a file from our servers to allow play. This file will either be downloaded automatically during installation process or you can choose to download it manually from a dedicated website. Since we have no DRM in the game, this is a security measure we needed to incorporate so the game doesn’t leak during the production process. No worries, the file will not be big. Copies of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt produced after launch will not contain this security feature.

pippin

Game not leaking during production process is actually a real thing to be worried about. Most of the times piracy starts with review copies, which is something nobody will ever have the balls to recognize officially.

RK47

Patron
Did a mini-recap on the combat system of TW1 & TW2. Hopefully TW3 will .... lol who am I kidding? Let's hope it doesnt' suck.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Did a mini-recap on the combat system of TW1 & TW2. Hopefully TW3 will .... lol who am I kidding? Let's hope it doesnt' suck.

Good one. I took Letho down on my 4th attempt on Dark mode. No potions, and minimal use of Quen. The point being is, double-roll-dodges are a tad too fundamental a gameplay element. I must have spent 90% of the fight just rolling around or away from his attacks. I got one small hit in at a time, I endured the stamina game I was forced into by the devs. But, as you said, it was not really entertaining.

I also welcomed the attempt at not making combat just button mashing, and the attempt at advocating a more moderate, conservative combat style. Parry, stay back, avoid attacks, wait for openings, strike: it would be more realistic, and challenging, than the classic mindless charging the enemy. Only, again as you pointed out, they really did run out of ideas, and thought they'd stretch boss fights over time (by forcing the player to just roll around for minutes before giving them the one brief opening) would make up for the lack of actually challenging combat.

I remember dying way more times vs grouped trash mobs than I ever did to bosses, in my playthrough. I clearly remember one silly tight room while ascending some tower, packed with 4/5 enemies (trashies), but no room to manoeuver at all. I must have died 15 times trying to get past that one, and I only did because of luck (they missed, or I critted, or both).

We'll see what they actually pull off for TW3.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

Seems to me the colours are oversaturated again. That's was honestly my biggest gripe with W2 - rolling, consolitis, corridorness - all true but for me all secondary to the obnoxious colour oversaturation, especially the sickening red. And looking at this here sunset muh eyes hurt again. Ffs.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
  • With perfect timing on arrow deflection you can actually send an arrow back to the one that shot it.
I can accept blocking a arrow with your sword, since he is a mutant and all, but sending it back? Come on.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom