Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Morkar Left

The totally-notdowngraded screenshots remind me of Morrowind with highres texture mods

:greatjob:

Nihiliste

Arcane
Patron
Couldn't give less of a fuck about the graphics and textures and whatnot. If it works on my computer, has a fun campy story, and good music, that's about all I really expect from this series. I wish they'd go back to more of the slavic feel of the first game though.

Gerrard

Arcane
What the fuck happened to the grass? It did not look like this shit in 2? Is this the nVidia hair shit used to render it or something?

• With perfect timing on arrow deflection you can actually send an arrow back to the one that shot it.
I can accept blocking a arrow with your sword, since he is a mutant and all, but sending it back? Come on.
Yeah, that was retarded in TW2 as well, I can't believe they still have that shit.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Didn't even know you could do it TW2. Lucky me I guess :)

Edit:

Hmmmmm

http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/352ysp/is_gmg_selling_grey_market_keys_witcher_dev/

Wonder what is going on here?

A representative for CD Projekt Red tells GameSpot that Green Man Gaming's Witcher 3 codes are coming from an "unknown source." As such, none of the revenue from Green Man Gaming's current Witcher 3 promotion will go to GOG.com or CD Projekt Red. If you'd like to buy The Witcher 3 directly from CD Projekt Red, head to the game's GOG.com page

Last edited:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Tytus

Arcane
What the fuck happened to the grass? It did not look like this shit in 2? Is this the nVidia hair shit used to render it or something?

• With perfect timing on arrow deflection you can actually send an arrow back to the one that shot it.
I can accept blocking a arrow with your sword, since he is a mutant and all, but sending it back? Come on.
Yeah, that was retarded in TW2 as well, I can't believe they still have that shit.

Well Witchers were always a sort of medieval Jedi. They use the The Force/Signs, they have super human reflexes and awareness, they are a dying order with only a few members left, they protect people from Dark Side/Monsters, they take children in to be trained into new Jedi/Witchers, they use Lightsabers/Two Special Magical Witcher Swords, they are at odds with the Galactic Empire/Nilfgaard, they suffered a Jedi/Witcher purge, they need to rescue a princess etc.

So the games went just one step further. If a Jedi can deflect a blaster bolt at the enemy, Witchers can deflect arrows back.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
But that's unrealistic Tytus.
I'm okay with flaming signs man, but deflecting arrow with sword is just bullshit.

Tytus

Arcane
But that's unrealistic Tytus.
I'm okay with flaming signs man, but deflecting arrow with sword is just bullshit.

Yes it is. I never said it was ok. I'm just telling you what I think they thought designing it.

It is even more ridiculous than Geralt reflecting three arrows almost at once in the books. (If I remeber correctly)

RK47

Patron
professor_frink_sarcasm_detector-68030.gif

Divinity: Original Sin
Quest map/compass.

Well, how it will work? I won't have a problem if a quest mark indicates the entrance of a place, or the indication when an NPC may say "let me mark it on your map", but please, don't indicate the precise location of your objectives...

RK47

Patron
Quest map/compass.

Well, how it will work? I won't have a problem if a quest mark indicates the entrance of a place, or the indication when an NPC may say "let me mark it on your map", but please, don't indicate the precise location of your objectives...

Even TW1 had it.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
What's with Geralt autochoosing the right sword? Too much responsibility for the player?

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
You never fought mixed parties of humans and monsters in Witcher games so it was just useless busywork.

Tytus

Arcane
I think we are all missing the most important question here.

AIzfewF.jpg

Will the Sirens be fuckable? And if not why?

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
And no sign of Wither endurance, so you can't even mod in a feature where rolling consumes stanima/endurance. Also, the right part of the screenis too clutered with shit, espceially with that handholding quest discription. Go here, talk to X, talk to Y then talk to Z.

RK47

Patron
The screen config is very right-hand biased.

Zeriel

Arcane
11154622_10152947484914331_6213427579103929815_o.jpg

Dat skybox

11206579_10152947485184331_3934882661294849619_o.jpg

11164682_10152947484754331_2245149789809260075_o.jpg

Yeah, I've been wondering why there haven't been any good skyboxes in a while, last one that really impressed was Morrowind, where the night time sky & planets was amazing. I was really expecting that to become the standard of games from then on out, but it never happened.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom