Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
Control button hints

Does the game show this shit when playing on a pc without a controller? (some games do, especially annoying in qtes). Are ALL controls configurable?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I think we are all missing the most important question here.

AIzfewF.jpg

Will the Sirens be fuckable? And if not why?
Only reason would be :codexisforindividualswithgenderidentityissues:

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
But that's unrealistic Tytus.
I'm okay with flaming signs man, but deflecting arrow with sword is just bullshit.
Nah, deflecting arrows is fine. However, deflecting them so they do not break into splinters and hit the one who shot them, that is pure bullshit. And flaming signs have nothing to do with it.

Sykar

Arcane
I'm okay with flaming signs man, but deflecting arrow with sword is just bullshit.
Nah, deflecting arrows is fine. However, deflecting them so they do not break into splinters and hit the one who shot them, that is pure bullshit. And flaming signs have nothing to do with it.

The Witcher has a soft toch.

:codexisfor:

made

Arcane
You never fought mixed parties of humans and monsters in Witcher games so it was just useless busywork.
How was it busywork? You press the key corresponding to the correct sword, that's all. It served as a retard check which people all too often failed judging by the "why does my sword deal no damage?!" comments.

Sykar

Arcane
You never fought mixed parties of humans and monsters in Witcher games so it was just useless busywork.
How was it busywork? You press the key corresponding to the correct sword, that's all. It served as a retard check which people all too often failed judging by the "why does my sword deal no damage?!" comments.

Sounds like the Mankrik's wife check from WoW.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Nah, deflecting arrows is fine. However, deflecting them so they do not break into splinters and hit the one who shot them, that is pure bullshit.
You know how does the saying go: It doesn't have to make sense. It's there because fuck you! :balance:

Tytus

Arcane
Ideally, there also should be one button "Turn off HUD" that would disable it entirely without using 400 swtiches. But probably as always, modders will fix it.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Ideally, there also should be one button "Turn off HUD" that would disable it entirely without using 400 swtiches. But probably as always, modders will fix it.

Press H in TW2

Tytus

Arcane

Sykar

Arcane

Like moders from Loverslab do?

Well obviously. Realistic model of a vagine for Triss is must see feature. Also realistic fish vagina for the Mermaids is also welcome.

Only Triss? I wanted to go real Witcher style and hump anything looking remotely female.

:troll:

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Retailer butthurt: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-05-06-the-witcher-3-pc-is-32-49-at-green-man-gaming

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is on sale for pre-order at £32.49 / $38.99 at Green Man Gaming, a 35 per cent discount off its retail price of £49.99 / $59.99.

However, there is peculiar controversy surrounding this sale that makes developer CD Projekt Red unhappy.

You see, purchasing The Witcher 3 from Green Man Gaming gives players keys to snag the game on CD Projekt Red's own DRM-free platform GOG, yet the developer didn't sell these keys to Green Man Gaming.

"I would kindly ask our fans not to buy via GMG at this time. We had not sold them keys and dont know the origin of them," said business development manager Rafał Jaki on the game's official forums. A representative from the developer told Gamespot that none of the revenue from the GMG sales of The Witcher 3 would go to the CDPR.

So what's going on here? Turns out Green Man Gaming couldn't solidify a distribution deal with CDPR directly, so it had to purchase codes from official vendors elsewhere, the retailer explained to Eurogamer. As such, the developer still made money off these codes earlier in the distribution chain.

Here's Green Man Gaming CEO Paul Sulyok's full statement on the matter:

Green Man Gaming (GMG) has an official contract with, and has been an approved retailer of CD Projekt S.A. (CDPR) products since 11th August 2011. Following a six month dialogue with CDPR about the launch of The Witcher 3, we were disappointed that despite the offer of significant cash advances, and other opportunities to officially work together, (we even offered to fly to Poland to discuss in detail how we could and wanted to support this launch), CDPR chose not to engage with a number of significant, reputable, and successful retailers, including ourselves, as they instead focused on supporting their own platform GOG.

We at GMG sincerely believe in getting games to gamers, and offering them a range of buying options to suit their preferences is critically important to this industry; we often go above corporate profits and commercial gain to make this happen. We, like millions of customers, are huge fans of The Witcher series, and have been eager for the launch of this amazing title. We believe that CDPR's desire to support their own platform by working with retail outlets that would not conflict with their own is greater than that of meeting the demands of their audience, therefore we made the decision to indirectly secure the product and deliver it to our customers. To do this, we reached out to third parties and retailers that were approved by CDPR, to legitimately pass these keys onto our customers. This means that at some point, revenue has been passed directly onto CDPR, and any additional discount on the title is absorbed by us, as we want as many people enjoying The Witcher 3 as possible.

We would heartily welcome a renewed dialogue with CDPR, and are keen to continue to not only support the launch of The Witcher 3, but to keep celebrating and bringing the whole catalogue of CDPR titles to a worldwide audience, as we have done since 2011.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will release on 19th May for PC, PS4 and Xbox One.

UPDATE 07/05/2015 2.45am: CD Projekt Red business development manager Rafał Jaki has further addressed the matter of Green Man Gaming's third-party keys on The Witcher 3'sofficial forums, in light of GMG's statement.

Jaki offered the following explanation:

"We have worked with GMG in the past for W2 and they were a legit partner.

"We control all digital and the codes, and because we decided not to sell keys to GMG it came as a surprise that they are doing a special promo without buying keys from us. We have reached out to ask for the source of the keys but up until now there was no response. They might sell Nvidia keys (which are not to be sold but gifted with the Nvidia promo), or they just bought keys from GOG just like a regular customer and now they resell them with a loss (we cannot prevent anyone from selling something).

"They also list Bandai Namco as the published which is not true for W3 (Namco is our box distributor in PAL), so GMG is not a CDPR partner for W3 but they still might sell keys that will work."​

Last edited by a moderator:

made

Arcane
I'll sell you Russian GOG keys even cheaper than GMG, say 30 dollari. Limited offer only, PM me fast.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Not sure what CDPR expected here, since they are offering regional prices and giving away codes with NVidia cards, so there are plenty sources of cheap codes out there. They should have cut a deal with GMG in the first place, it would even help promote GOG as a platform. Getting butthurt now will not solve anything.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom