Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Not sure what CDPR expected here, since they are offering regional prices and giving away codes with NVidia cards, so there are plenty sources of cheap codes out there. They should have cut a deal with GMG in the first place. Getting butthurt now will not help anything.

Exactly. Unless there are some sort of special practices involved in this industry, I don't get the CDPR reaction at all.

It's as if Ferrero refused to directly supply the Tesco stores with their candy and then get butthurt when Tesco bought it from somewhere else.

A horse of course

Anyone who sells a PC Game for 40 bongs deserves to be beheaded

hiver

88FoLcV.jpg

There is a stamina - endurance bar above the health. The thin white stripe.

hiver

huh... that would be silly?

That would mean geralt is the only one who does not have any stamina measure so his stamina is infinite...?

CDProjekt wouldnt be that stupid, that subservient to idiot masses... right?
I was thinking that is not official clarification of the UI but something some fan did... right?

hiver

huh... that would be silly?

That would mean geralt is the only one who does not have any stamina measure so his stamina is infinite...?

CDProjekt wouldnt be that stupid, that subservient to idiot masses... right?
I was thinking that is not official clarification of the UI but something some fan did... right?
Nope, that's definitely the level progression bar. Check this out (it's been posted some few pages back) at around 20:00 mark. When the little white bar is filled, level up. And there's some combat a couple of minutes later; I didn't see anything that suggested anything is consumed when Geralt rolls around

holly sheeet...

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
ps4 gameplay, looks same as PC, so either PC is downgraded or they didn't show ultra settings on purpose (which i don't believe)

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-05-05-new-witcher-3-dev-diary-and-live-gameplay-q-and-a

UPDATE 06/05/2015: Yesterday's live Witcher 3 gameplay session focused on combat and how different character builds approach it. It gave a real, in-depth look at the game's different sets of perks and how you can customise your Geralt hero to suit your style.

The game's difficulty was also demonstrated, the same monster encounter being played on the game's most difficult setting and then the game's easiest setting. Incidentally, I played the game on a normal difficulty setting earlier this year and it was challenging.

The Witcher 3 doesn't use the 'easy, medium, hard' naming convention, by the way, but opts for "Just the Story, Story and Sword, Blood and Broken Bones, and Death March" instead. Death March makes enemies tougher and hit harder, and it also stops you regenerating health while meditating, and scales down stat bonuses, meaning every slight edge you can get will count.

Towards the end of the video, during the Q&A, level designer Miles Tost talked about the disappearance of the Dice Poker mini-game, which was in the first two Witcher games. It won't, he confirmed, be in The Witcher 3 - instead the game will have a new card game called Gwent (and fist fighting).

"We can say we don't have Dice Poker in the game," Tost said. "Basically we had both of them in the game until a certain point in development. At some point ... Gwent blew up so much we realised the potential of it. It got so big and deep - actually turned out so well - that we had to make a decision here. And we decided to give more room to Gwent and remove Dice Poker from the game.

"That is not to say 'maybe... maybe it will come back'..." he trailed off.

Elsewhere, however, lead quest designer Mateusz Tomaszkiewicz told a slightly different story. He said - towards the end of April on the CD Projekt Red forum (found and translated recently by DualShockers) - that Dice Poker would have needed recreating from scratch and required a lot of work. He didn't say anything about both mini-games being in the game at one point, only that the team wanted both - but ultimately sided with Gwent because it was interesting and new.

And when asked if Dice Poker could make a return he said it was "very unlikely". Incidentally, Eurogamer Poland verified the translation as accurate.

hiver

Yeah, thats for diving. You get a blue bar that depletes slowly which is nice since you would expect a mutant to be able to hold his breath longer then five seconds.

but no stamina/endurance at all...?

what the fuck ...

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Yeah, thats for diving. You get a blue bar that depletes slowly which is nice since you would expect a mutant to be able to hold his breath longer then five seconds.

what the fuck ...

they must uphold their reputation of shit combat

Ang

Novice

what the fuck ...

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/35297-Developer-Spotlight-2-Damien-Monnier
Yes different builds can change things like stamina for example which will or should (assuming you utilise that well
%29.gif
) make you a more aggressive player since you can swing your swords like it's nobody's business. On top of that some armors also tweaks that, and on top of that we have the 3 Witcher armours sets that focus on Speed, another one on Damage, and one on Magic.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/05...f-information-on-combat-skills-and-much-more/
Every point spent into the signs tree increases you stamina regeneration. That means that if you max the signs tree you you’ll be able to spam spells.

I guess that means sing charge = stamina

hiver

Bullshits, you need to stop rolling for a few seconds to get rolling again, which is of course what will happen during gameplay anyway since you have to hit someone a few times or cast a sign.

But, since it is connected to Vigor (stamina/endurance...yes, its been a long time) that means there is a possibility to mod it so it actually takes away vigor or actually needs vigor to be available.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
You never fought mixed parties of humans and monsters in Witcher games so it was just useless busywork.
How was it busywork? You press the key corresponding to the correct sword, that's all. It served as a retard check which people all too often failed judging by the "why does my sword deal no damage?!" comments.

Why would I care about other people being retard-checked? It was just pointless since the choice was obvious.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Already too many combat actions consume stamina IMO. Geralt might have white hair, but he is not an asthmatic old man, he should be able to attack and dodge without tiring after a few seconds (run too IMO). If rolling is too good, it should be nerfed in some other way.

hiver

Already too many combat actions consume stamina IMO. Geralt might have white hair, but he is not an asthmatic old man, he should be able to attack and dodge without tiring after a few seconds (run too IMO). If rolling is too good, it should be nerfed in some other way.
Who said anything about getting tired after a few seconds retard?

and what other way?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Who said anything about getting tired after a few seconds retard?

and what other way?
Make damage taken while rolling more disruptive, perhaps, apply more stagger, etc. That may not stop roll-spam, however.

hiver

Never happened in w2 either. Its the invulnerability roll. Which is what makes it such a shit mechanic in addition to free spam.

MicoSelva that "reatrd" was for usage of strawmans, just so were clear.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom