Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
were there any actual features cut because of the consoles?
was writing altered and made of lower quality because of consoles?
were design directions changed to appeal to the console audience?

sure reducing graphics quality is a bummer but it's far from being the most important thing

http://www.vg247.com/2011/01/27/cd-projekt-the-witcher-2-designed-with-console-in-mind/

That's all you need to know,they didn't give a shit about PC since Witcher 2.

Kaldurenik

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Found this :D

vpPgNq.gif
I hope they don't remove it :D

WhiteGuts

Arcane
A prestigious french magazine™, well known for being quite severe with AAA productions, rates TW3 9/10.

Pros : Great writing, C&C, great art style, Skellige archipelago is amazing, Believable open-world.

Cons : Main quest a bit too long, UI is shit, some pathfiding and framerate issues.

They also recommend to play the game on higher difficulties.

WhiteGuts

Arcane
What they didn't like is the artificial length, consisting mainly of "go talk to X" type of missions.

WhiteGuts

Arcane
That's good brawler design, a single mistake resulting in a positive feedback loop is bad. Unpatched Witcher 2 had that, then they un-cargo culted themselves.

As long as you give the player some window of opportunity to escape (for example, after a few blows Geralt falls to the ground and can roll away as he gets up), it shouldn't become a stunlockfest. Just something to punish players who let themselves be surrounded.

Getting strong Skyrim vibes from this.

More like Sonic vibes, what with the grindrail pose.

bonescraper

Depends how it's done,if they keep sending you back and forth for trivial things and the map being so big it could be a problem when it comes to longevity...You know the old saying ''quality vs quantity''
It's the main quest so i imagine it's all about pushing the story further, and it's a pretty story driven game. Also, this is a single-player game, there is no need to artificially lengthen the game, there's plenty of side content that fills that role.

It's always good to have more than less, i spent over 400 hours playing F:NV and i never fucking finished it. F:NV is huge, but i would never say it's too long or too big, i like to play at my own pace and it's usually pretty slow.

For those who haven't purchased yet, Green Man Gaming has a 27% off code:

SAVE27-OFWITC-HERIII
I wouldn't risk buying from GMG when CDPR said their keys ain't legit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom