Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

FFS this is ridicules

Wow! really?! I never taught ill say this, but i think the combat in Witcher Kurwa 1 was better.... Fucking consoles and Product Managers man.

Eh all witcher combat has been forgettable, witcher 1 combat was like a poor man's Summoner replete with timed attacks but minus the customization and unlocking of new ones. Granted the first game had better character development, actual stats, and combat was better than the second game's.

I kinda like the combat in W1 tbh.

I thought vaulting over enemies and cleaving things with group style was pretty satisfying, at least. I miss group style.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy

Depends how it's done,if they keep sending you back and forth for trivial things and the map being so big it could be a problem when it comes to longevity...You know the old saying ''quality vs quantity''
It's the main quest so i imagine it's all about pushing the story further, and it's a pretty story driven game. Also, this is a single-player game, there is no need to artificially lengthen the game, there's plenty of side content that fills that role.

It's always good to have more than less, i spent over 400 hours playing F:NV and i never fucking finished it. F:NV is huge, but i would never say it's too long or too big, i like to play at my own pace and it's usually pretty slow.
Yhea,but New Vegas had a pretty small map and it was filthy packed with content and a lot of choices during your playthrough.We shall see how Witcher deals with the open world approach..

Zeriel

Arcane
FFS this is ridicules

Wow! really?! I never taught ill say this, but i think the combat in Witcher Kurwa 1 was better.... Fucking consoles and Product Managers man.

Eh all witcher combat has been forgettable, witcher 1 combat was like a poor man's Summoner replete with timed attacks but minus the customization and unlocking of new ones. Granted the first game had better character development, actual stats, and combat was better than the second game's.

I thought vaulting over enemies and cleaving things with group style was pretty satisfying, at least. I miss group style.

Styles in general were nice, they integrated the monster research and hunting aspect of the story more directly with gameplay. It feels so artificial in 2 and what we've seen of 3, just window dressing.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
FFS this is ridicules

Styles in general were nice, they integrated the monster research and hunting aspect of the story more directly with gameplay. It feels so artificial in 2 and what we've seen of 3, just window dressing.

Styles were a nice idea but implementation was pretty fucking stupid.
-No decision was to be made in combat: you see a tough guy, you use strong. A small dude? Fast. A bunch of weak shitters? Group.
-Character building was also uneceserily bloated. Strong and fast enemies, monsters and humans were about equally strong and similar. It mean that there was no reason to make a Witcher specializing in strong attacks or silver style only because he would just kill enemies he's specialized to kill faster, but got fucked by weaker ones.

Perkel

Arcane
I wouldn't risk buying from GMG when CDPR said their keys ain't legit.

keys are legit. CDPR is just butthurt that their partners sold batch of keys to them without their approval.
They can't revoke them and they perfectly know from where those keys are from.

Non legit keys are usually from frauds like buying huge pack with stolen CC or leak from severs.

bonescraper

keys are legit. CDPR is just butthurt that their partners sold batch of keys to them without their approval.

Non legit keys are usually from frauds like buying huge pack with stolen CC or leak from severs.
No, they're probably NVIDIA keys. And that's anything but legit. When i bought my GTX760 from a pretty well respected online shop (Agito.pl) i was supposed to get a free Batman Arkham Origins key. I didn't get it, so i sent them an e-mail and then another one. I got no response, so i'm pretty sure they sold their keys. I really didn't care about the game that much, so i said fuck it, but it's still a dick move, and it ain't legit by any means. And i'm pretty sure that's how GMG got their keys, so yeah, fuck them. Fuck them hard.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In

No, they're probably NVIDIA keys. And that's anything but legit. When i bought my GTX760 from a pretty well respected online shop (Agito.pl) i was supposed to get a free Batman Arkham Origins key. I didn't get it, so i sent them an e-mail and then another one. I got no response, so i'm pretty sure they sold their keys. I really didn't care about the game that much, so i said fuck it, but it's still a dick move, and it ain't legit by any means. And i'm pretty sure that's how GMG got their keys, so yeah, fuck them. Fuck them hard.

Holy shit, what a bunch of assholes, somoen should blowtorch their dicks for that.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron

That should be possible to verify. I didn't get a GOG code with my card, but a special code to redeem at nvidia's site, to have the game added to a GOG account of my choice. It was very obvious it was a promo.

I suppose it might have been a regular GOG key that could have been registered directly at GOG though, I didn't check, just followed the instructions that came with the code.

Perkel

Arcane

They are not nvidia keys. GMG or any other retailer won't buy those because this is not quantity they look for.
It is obvious that one of cert retailers by CDPR sold its keys them.

GOG knows from where are those keys as any key can be tracked via database.

How does Agito has anything to do with this ? Agito.pl is online retailer which is under Allegro. They are legit as fuck and they don't deal with shady stuff like that. It only means you were fucked and you could simply return whole thing as purchase was not complete.

EVEN if GMG bought keys from dudes who were selling them from nvidia GPUs they (CDPR-GOG) don't have right to revoke them as key to game is treated same as someone selling physical copy of a game thus no EULA could work that expliticly says otherwise.

Like i said GOG/CDPR is butthurt that they were fucked by some partner and they can't do anything about it. They can only say now that those keys are "not legit"

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy

And how come CDprojekt didn't filed a lawsuit on their ass? Maybe because GMG bought the keys from other retailer partners?
And that beef should be between CDPR and the people who sold the keys to GMG,so i don't see anything illegal here.
CDprojekt just wants to steer everyone to buy the game either from Steam or GoG because they get more in return ,well fuck them,i want a better price.
I bought a lot of games from GMG and never had a problem with them and a lot of people are pretty angry at CD for doing this.

Gotta say that CDprojekt are getting on my nerves lately with their constant lying about downgrade,making accusations left and right and their fuck forums are pathetic,mods banning people for asking legitimate questions,what the fucking is wrong with them.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
sudgpvuhllb5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
Is that the king of the Wild Hunt? Kinda beefy for an elf..he was "special" around women though, even in the books.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
HQ gameplay clip with SweetFX color correction. That preset looks quite nice, i think i'm going to use it.

http://www.gamersyde.com/thqstream_the_witcher_3_sweetfx_color_correction-w2lhE7zSLYYyrBCs_en.html

Fuck, i'm definitely going to use it.
Fuck, this looks really good. I've never used SweetFX before, I like keeping the games as the devs meant them to be by principle, but the overly saturated color palette of the Withcher games are getting really old. This look great on the other hand.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
Don't worry guys ,the day one patch will fix everything,color palette,textures,draw distance,more population,better tesselation on buildings...fuck me that's one hell of a patch,feels like we are getting the enhanced edition on day one
:troll:

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
It just looks how it should look as compared to over saturated palette colors for tourettes crowd

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom