Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
The looks better in action then on the screenshots so I'm not that disappointed about the downgrade. I'm much more bummed out by HP-bloat in combat, casualization and overall low difficulty level. I mean graphis being fucked is understandable. They've promised everyone (including Microsoft) a simultaneus thinking that consoles are powerful, they were less powerful then expected, now everyone must suffer because of some prior stupid decision. I get that, shit happens, sometimes it's hard to anticipate things in a world of fast-changing modern technology. People wanted faster, more tactical, more deadly combat with a bit less rolling (not me though, I'm fine with rolling), catering to Skyrim players instead of hardcore fans is a straigh-up betreyal. I hope that there at least will be a difficulty level that will make things a bit more interesting.

Paul_cz

Arcane
I think Blood and Broken Bones (essentialy hard) should be pretty challenging.

The question is if it's going to be challenging by making things interesting or by just making everything more tedious. Dark Mode played just like a regular combat, but with more rolling and re-loading.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
The fan review at CDP forums claims that enemy AI is better on harder difficulties. This same review claims that two first difficulty levels are too easy. Supposedly there is no HP bloat on hard+ (but there is some HP increase), but enemies deal significantly more damage.

Morkar Left

Gamersglobal, a German website, suggests that if you are somewhat experienced (aka you played an action game before) you should take the hard difficulty. Normal is ok at the start, but after 2/3 in the game you are invincible. But they expect the hard difficulty to get easy too at the end.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
I tried to go out of the map and a message saying "This is the end of the world, there dragons ahead" appeared.

ffs i want to kill these dragons lol

Gerrard

Arcane
You can expect superb sunsets in this game

7AUcQoi.jpg
If you just cut out the right part of this shot it looks worse than TW1.
LOL, it doesn't.
CLVdTjL.jpg

LOL, it does.

The fan review at CDP forums claims that enemy AI is better on harder difficulties. This same review claims that two first difficulty levels are too easy. Supposedly there is no HP bloat on hard+ (but there is some HP increase), but enemies deal significantly more damage.

Enemies already have too much HP from what I;'ve seen on all videos, unarmored bandits take 5+ hits to kill.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
If you want a group of unarmored bandits to pose any kind of challenge there's nothing wrong with that. :M

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
I'll take additional 2 years of developement and well made product than quickly farted diarrhea.

If you want a group of unarmored bandits to pose any kind of challenge there's nothing wrong with that. :M
you can kill most of the trash mob in Dark Souls in two hits yet fight against 3-4 skeletons is butt-clenching experience for most players :M

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
About saves import from W2.

That's pretty cool - I wonder if some choices from TW1 will also carry over, though? I have a TW2 save that I imported into TW2 from TW1 - would be immensely cool to meet Siegfried, for example. :)

Siegfried was in the Witcher 2 at Loc Muine if you allied with the Order in the first game,i think he should be in the game,him being the Headmaster of the Order and all that crap..

Perkel

Arcane

That's pretty cool - I wonder if some choices from TW1 will also carry over, though? I have a TW2 save that I imported into TW2 from TW1 - would be immensely cool to meet Siegfried, for example. :)

Siegfried was in the Witcher 2 at Loc Muine if you allied with the Order in the first game,i think he should be in the game,him being the Headmaster of the Order and all that crap..

never sided with order in TW1. That is interesting. Though considering where it takes place game probably won't feature order. Nilfgard is really strict about things like that along with wizards and other unwanted people.

You could make them use their numbers to their advantage, knocking you back and forth like a ping pong ball. The HP bloat is a consequence of having a Power Rangers' "stand aside flailing your arms while the hero fights your buddy" group combat.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy

never sided with order in TW1. That is interesting. Though considering where it takes place game probably won't feature order. Nilfgard is really strict about things like that along with wizards and other unwanted people.

The Order swore to fight along Radovid for giving them lands ,and he should play a big role in Witcher 3.The Order should be featured because Novigrad is a Redanian city and it wouldn't make sense not to include them after the deal they made with Radovid.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
You could make them use their numbers to their advantage, knocking you back and forth like a ping pong ball. The HP bloat is a consequence of having a Power Rangers' "stand aside flailing your arms while the hero fights your buddy" group combat.

That's good brawler design, a single mistake resulting in a positive feedback loop is bad. Unpatched Witcher 2 had that, then they un-cargo culted themselves.

Cromwell

Arcane
I'll take additional 2 years of developement and well made product than quickly farted diarrhea.

So would I, they could give us a pleasant experience and then spend 2 years figuring out how to best butcher the game so that all the console untermenschen can enjoy its undead corpse.

hivemind

were there any actual features cut because of the consoles?
was writing altered and made of lower quality because of consoles?
were design directions changed to appeal to the console audience?

sure reducing graphics quality is a bummer but it's far from being the most important thing

hivemind

can you prove this?
either by developer statements or a reasonable enough logical deduction

can you prove this?
either by developer statements or a reasonable enough logical deduction

The proof would be going from grid-based inventory that is easy to navigate using mouse to a list-based inventory that is just tedious on the PC, but common on consoles. Many other developers did the same when they've started developing games on consoles. KoTOR would be a good example.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom