Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Unwanted

a Goat

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Edgy Vatnik
Tinfoil hat on. Video pulled that showed the game with full pc-graphics, devs talking in circles, refuses to give a straight answer. Nvidia pushing their latest graphic card like there is no tomorrow, telling us that it is basically required to run the game. Then we of course have Sony and Microsoft involvement too. Fun drama this.
And then you have this:
According to pcgameshardware.de:
Fortunately, the performance is very good, both Radeon GPUs and GeForce graphics cards provide very good frame rates. Also pleasing: For Ultra-Details and Full HD all it takes is a middle-class graphics card such as GTX 770 or R9 280X.

So the game works pretty good on older cards..

It's all Nvidia's job.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

2504401-6535952199-ip9VU.gif

BoEVirV.png

cWf3DID.png

made

Arcane
  • The extremely annoying doors from The Witcher 2 are gone. Doors are now opened automatically, no button pressing. No loading times for entering buildings either.
When a game developer calls a feature in his previous games "extremely annoying" because he has cut it out of the most recent game, you should run. Just run.
What, nonstop loading screens are a feature now? You must love POE.

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
Anyone else happy the game is downgraded so their shitty PC can run it more decently? I always turn off eyerape things like bloom/gloom/shine or whatever that makes the game look like it has 7 instagram filters due personal preference as well.

Doktor Best

Arcane
That big shitstorm about some lost assets and some weird looking grass just proves that the gamer community basically consists of dirty little graphic whores, and we deserve every spanking we get by the leatherbelt of console hardware restrictions.

hivemind

About saves import from W2.

Probably a retarded question but, this scene will be on the PC version too right?

also it's a bit weird that they didn't ask if you sent anais to radovid or gave her over to the temerians seems like that's important in regards to the state of the northern kingdoms
the same with if you spared or killed henselt, that bit also seems important

Perkel

Arcane

Probably a retarded question but, this scene will be on the PC version too right?

also it's a bit weird that they didn't ask if you sent anais to radovid or gave her over to the temerians seems like that's important in regards to the state of the northern kingdoms

Probably some of those will be hidden from player unless he will play actually TW2.

I mean you shouldn't blab about killing a king. Anais also was "state secret"

Athos

Arcane

Yes, it is on PC too. Maybe if you imported a save the scene will be skipped. Also, Morvan Voorhis is really ugly.

hivemind

Probably some of those will be hidden from player unless he will play actually TW2.

I mean you shouldn't blab about killing a king. Anais also was "state secret"

well yeah but the implied political impact of those two decisions is really big

I don't think that what you did with anais can be considered secretive because the consequences are between an independent temeria and temeria as a protectorate of redania
stuff like that is fairly obvious

and with henselt the question could be formulated something like "The King of Kaedwen - our reports say that he has perished in the battle of Vergen. You were in the region weren't you, do you know anything about that?"
-"Henselt survived, I saw to that"
-"Your reports are correct"

no need to admit that it was roche who killed him

now this kind of a question is also sort of retarded because the nilfgaardians would obviously know for sure if Henselt is alive given the time gap but it's something that I think would be tolerable to ensure that all important decisions are accounted for

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
The German magazines PS4 vs PC comparison video that shows the relative parity between versions has been taken down. Either someone screwed up or CDPR is digging themselves deeper yet again.

Considering the IGN guy started damage control as soon as he said the PC version looked better than PS4 version, I imagine CDPR got paid by Sony or Microsoft to keep a lid on things till after release.

They're trying their hardest to keep up that these consoles are actually anywhere close to powerful enough.

peMfgQm.png

Taken from here.

Was it that hard, to come out and declare this right away? Seriously, how hard can it be to do PR properly?

Furthermore, how hard can it be to release the game on the same date, and be spared all this rumours-clusterfuck?

Perkel

Arcane
lol "something went wrong"

Game on PC is basically better framerate and resolution plus 3-4 "exclusive" features that were butchered because lol PC gamers thanks for your support but now we don't give a fuck consoles all the way !! yaaay.

made

Arcane
Was it that hard, to come out and declare this right away? Seriously, how hard can it be to do PR properly?
They probably have breach of contract lawsuits looming over their heads because M$/$ony/nvidi...uh...$ all require them to reassure players that the game looks awesome on their respective platform while the internet goes bonkers because every new leaked footage looks worse than the last. PR nightmare indeed.

MasPingon

Arcane
Moderator: QFT. Claiming anybody lied to you about the game, claiming anybody is acting spoiled or self-entitled, or being any kind of a jackass in public will get your post removed, and if it ends up that the thread consists of no posts other than those to be deleted, it will be closed. Reposting posts that were removed is cause for immediate removal from the forum.

:hearnoevil: Topic closed :lol:

It's nice to have zero expectations, didn't like previous Witcher games, books in terms of hacktitude are sitting at a comfortable 'Salvatore: Potato Edition' level too, but it does look fun in a hobo-sim kind of way.

I wonder if editor will be any good. Might actually get some decent mods, since boobs and bloody bits are already taken care of.

Karwelas

Dwarf Taffer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yo, little update from my side. I heard that someone from Devs said that video that I post will be only for consoles. PC will have just save mechanics, but I don't know if it will be truth. Just saying.

Last edited:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
They keep locking any discussion about this. Lame.

Edit:

They seem to have some really trigger happy mods overall. Thank god for codex :cool:

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
They probably have breach of contract lawsuits looming over their heads because M$/$ony/nvidi...uh...$ all require them to reassure players that the game looks awesome on their respective platform while the internet goes bonkers because every new leaked footage looks worse than the last. PR nightmare indeed.

Well, time to spread more silly rumours, count on people being the usual retards they are, and buy some CDPR stocks. Wait for release, watch people fap to PC master race HD graphics, sell, profit, celebratory fap.

Cadmus

Arcane
Well, the original Witcher had a darkie Zerrikanian sorcerer. I think the game implies that Geralt's bombs aren't actually very Witchery but rather a Zerrikanian import. Multiculturalism at work!

Yep, but only a few of them was Zerrikanian work. And yes, Zerrikania is preety much big fucking jungle + desert later. It is also place where three guys from books decided to escape later. Bunch of mencenaries also tried to attack it, they was fucked so much that almost half of their company died, becouse of hot and terrain. I don't even think they fight with anyone.

There's no consistent canon about Zerrikania anyway. You can make Zerrikanians white if you really want to :smug:

Canon/Books - Some distant exotic land with dragon worship and warrior women. Almost no info. No reference to skin color IIRC. Keep in mind that Sapkowski is not a 'world builder' type of author. He doesn't give a fuck.
Infamous TV series - Tea & Vea: two polish women after a visit in a tanning booth.
PnP - Generic exotic matriarchal society. Mocha amazons from jungle & desert land. Dragon Worship. Isolationists (!).
CD Projekt RED - Generic... islamic world?
Tea and Vea were hot as hell, fuck you. The TV show was great.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
Great... instead of using better graphics, we downgrade them into the console level. Shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom