Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
So there are dark skinned humanoid in the game. Arthur Gies is a lying dumbfuck..

Nah, he was right about this one thing. He specified that there are no black people except some monsters lying at the feet of some boss. These are those monsters apparently.

Eirikur

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
sudgpvuhllb5.jpg

That reminded me of this from Gothic:

Gothic_1.jpg

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
HQ gameplay clip with SweetFX color correction. That preset looks quite nice, i think i'm going to use it.

http://www.gamersyde.com/thqstream_the_witcher_3_sweetfx_color_correction-w2lhE7zSLYYyrBCs_en.html

Fuck, i'm definitely going to use it.
Fuck, this looks really good. I've never used SweetFX before, I like keeping the games as the devs meant them to be by principle, but the overly saturated color palette of the Withcher games are getting really old. This look great on the other hand.

That should be handy! I've played a bit of DA:I today and it's far less saturated than W3, which is quite something. (I remembered the game as cartoony)

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron

Keep slidin' slidin' slidin' slidin' - what!
Keep slidin' slidin' slidin' slidin' - come on!
Keep slidin' slidin' slidin' slidin' - yeah!

Perkel

Arcane
Got confirmation that HD7970 will play TW3 on ultra @ 1080p constantly fairly well from my friend.

Echo Mirage

Arcane
Got confirmation that HD7970 will play TW3 on ultra @ 1080p constantly fairly well from my friend.

I'm reading around the internet that Nvidia's entire line about needing a GTX 980 is nothing more than marketing bullshit. I also see that my GTX 780 is more than enough for Ultra settings at 1080p.

Deleted member 7219

What FPS, and what friend?

I'm reading around the internet that Nvidia's entire line about needing a GTX 980 is nothing more than marketing bullshit. I also see that my GTX 780 is more than enough for Ultra settings at 1080p.

How do you know this?

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy

Of course it is bullshit dude,they stated clearly that there's only one build on all platforms ,meaning that the PS4,Xbox1 will have almost the same visuals as PC at 1080p.
A PS4 has a lousy underclocked 7870 and Xbox one even lower and it seems they can keep a steady 30 fps at the moment.

The only difference between PC and console ,from what i have seen in those videos are the draw distance,some better textures here and the overhyped feature Nvidia Hairybullshit.This game should work like a dream on a 7970 on high/ultra.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Better question is, Matt, why do you doubt it? This is how Nvidia sells cards every other year.

Zeriel

Arcane

980 is to turn on all the Gameworks toggles, which tank performance on just about any rig.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Yep. It's for the shit like ubersampling and what not. Important if you're playing at 4k, I guess.

Zeriel

Arcane
From my experience with ubersampling in W2, there's no way an 980 can handle it. I have a 970 and it can barely maintain 30 fps with ubersampling in W2's average scenes. 980 is just to have stuff like hair & godrays & HBAO on without going too far south of 60.

Guy up thread saying you are fine with a 7870 if you are okay with 30 fps is mostly right, but if you want console performance you probably have to step up slightly from console specs due to the better API they have. Still more than playable on a 7850/7870 for sure, considering I've seen people play things at 20 fps without blinking. All has to do with what you're used to.

Deleted member 7219

Better question is, Matt, why do you doubt it? This is how Nvidia sells cards every other year.

Before The Witcher 3, the last AAA release on PC was GTA V and you can't run ultra or very high settings on that unless you have a recent card. I just want to know who all these people are who are playing the PC version of Witcher 3.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I played Dying Light at 1080p 60 fps with a 770. Card didn't go over 50c. I don't know if it's as NEXTGEN as GTA5 or Witcher 3 but I imagine it's pretty close given how much they hyped the graphics. Of course I also turned off most of the shitty post processing which tends to eat 10-15 FPS on its own.

Zeriel

Arcane
Honestly GTA5 and Witcher 3 really aren't next-gen in their image quality, they're next-gen (theoretically, I haven't seen enough of W3 to judge) in the amount of NPCs and assets they have in any given scene. I'm one of those fags who isn't very impressed by 50 random passerbies in a street, so it's all very meh to me, but it is a technical achievement.

And then of course you need only look at AC: Unity to see what happens when you try to have both modern image quality and lots of bystanders at the same time.

AC-unity-glitch.jpg

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
It was fairly annoying in Hitman Absolution on the levels that put you in the middle of massive crowds. Granted it's realistic to have hundreds of people on a subway platform around 4-5pm but it didn't make for entertaining gameplay. Although, at least in the Hitman games the crowds serve a purpose. Here it seems like they're just there for aesthetics.

Zeriel

Arcane
Oh, yeah. Actually, Hitman Absolution is the only game I've played where I felt impressed by the "here's a bunch of shitty NPCs" effect. The chinatown level was pretty neat. It was part of the gameplay. Every other open world game its just pure wankery, though. "Look at us! We have lots of window dressing NPCs!"

aY4TUTw.jpg

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
Nothing will be next gen in terms of graphics untill the current consoles die,they are too weak to compete even with medium pc hardware that costs around 450-500 bucks and will smash that pieces of garbage into the ground.Maybe if someone decides to make only a PC dedicated game, we could hope to see some breakthrough in terms of graphic fidelity but i kinda doubt someone will take the risk to do it.
I don't know what went through their mind when they called these consoles ''next gen'',almost 2 years have passed and they struggle with almost every game that came out.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom