Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

vonAchdorf

Arcane
The game really suffers from the Kwa "saturation to the max" style.

bonescraper

yes. next gen on ultra on pc looks slightly better than game running on 8 years old hardware:lol: truly masterpiece:salute:
It's not a PS3 screenshot you moron.
The game really suffers from the Kwa "saturation to the max" style.
skansen5.jpg

skansen-ze-stolem.jpg

male5.jpg

do-reklamy-498.jpg

AGR_7707_08_09_10.jpg

Kwa "saturation to the max".

Last edited by a moderator:

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!
The Witcher comics are pretty blah, I gotta say. House of Glass is a Hellboy comic, with the main hero swapped. Geralt even calls out (!!) every sign while using them, because the reader is apparently too dumb to recognize what they are. (or the writer watched too much anime)
Very far from Hellboy quality. While Mignola did the cover and there are few nice bits inside - the artwork lacks refinement. I've read only The Glass House - the atmosphere is nice, though it feels too stretched out.

APGunner

Augur
AZO15VQ.jpg

I don't think this needs translation
First image.
Triss: I'm feeling a lot better now. Perhaps we should do something more ...enjoyable?
Geralt: I don't mind that.

Second image.
Geralt: ?

Third image.
Triss: Oh, Geralt, you've been magnificent. As always.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Kwa "saturation to the max".

Well, everyone knows that Poland tries to please the Kwa as much as it can. Also it's a restaurant, not a game. Hatred looks pretty desat to me ;)

The whole Kwa likes saturated colors comes from the "European" and "American" color options in the masterpiece "ArcaniA":

http://www.nisute.com/2010/08/30/jowoods-arcania-a-few-interesting-features/

That was before Skyrim of course. (Though many of the Skyrim color grading mods increase the saturation).

But even if it's from Spellbound and ArcaniA, there's probably some truth to it. Natural colors, tastes and sounds are increasingly seen as boring, therefore they are often cranked up a bit for the mass market, be it saturation, spices in a burger sauce or loudness in music.

Last edited:

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
"we didn't show the game on ulta settings yet".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2mJaYQhaYc

I wonder why :prosper:
God damn,almost no difference between low and ultra...how can you bullshit people with buying 900' card series when you show something like that,fucking pathetic.CDprojekt really shot itself in the foot with this campaign charade and it will take some time until people trust their bullcrap again.
Making shady deals with Nvidia,Microsoft didn't really helped them at all..
:killit:

Eirikur

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
If you've ordered through GOG and is eager to play, you can download installation files (approx. 22.5GB) in order to save some time on Tuesday. The soundtrack is also available for download.

Capture.jpg

Zeriel

Arcane
no. but this is from pc and i dont see much difference

xKNslxF.jpg

DA:I actually had really good environment/architectural art, it was just let down massively by character art. Witcher 3 could be downgraded by the same degree again and still be the better looking game because they have a much better art style for characters.

Doktor Best

Arcane
The germans did it again,they finaly said that the PC version on ultra is almost on par with PS4 version but has better framerates,Hairybullshit feature(seems to be bugged) and that's all folks.Buy GTX 980 to enjoy what an underclocked HD7870 could deliver.

http://www.gamestar.de/videos/specials,20/witcher-3-grafik-downgrade-analyse,82708.html

PC version is at maxium with 7490k + GTX 980 without day 1 patch

short Summary:

View distance is (way) worse
less/no Tesselation (Pause at 3:11, edge of wall for example)
way worse sky
lower LOD
low res textures in final PC build compared to trailer
Insinde buildings way worse lightning
worse water, again no tesselation
and ofc. way worse fire

The commentator says the final PC-version is a lot closer to the PS4 version.So folks,let's enjoy it as it is and stop the bickering....oh lord:negative:

what are you talking about? the video isnt even comparing pc release to ps4 release. Also nowhere was said that the pc version looks worse than ps4, more like the other way around that ps4 comes close to pc but lacks in the aspects you listed....

This stuff is getting ridiculous. now we have to spread missinformation to ride this pathetic downgrade bull for all eternity?

Deleted member 7219

If you've ordered through GOG and is eager to play, you can download installation files (approx. 22.5GB) in order to save some time on Tuesday. The soundtrack is also available for download.

Capture.jpg

Preload has been available for a while now, there hasn't been any change in the last few days. The soundtrack isn't up for download yet, those are just the exclusive tracks which have been available for the better part of a year.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
The germans did it again,they finaly said that the PC version on ultra is almost on par with PS4 version but has better framerates,Hairybullshit feature(seems to be bugged) and that's all folks.Buy GTX 980 to enjoy what an underclocked HD7870 could deliver.

http://www.gamestar.de/videos/specials,20/witcher-3-grafik-downgrade-analyse,82708.html

PC version is at maxium with 7490k + GTX 980 without day 1 patch

short Summary:

View distance is (way) worse
less/no Tesselation (Pause at 3:11, edge of wall for example)
way worse sky
lower LOD
low res textures in final PC build compared to trailer
Insinde buildings way worse lightning
worse water, again no tesselation
and ofc. way worse fire

The commentator says the final PC-version is a lot closer to the PS4 version.So folks,let's enjoy it as it is and stop the bickering....oh lord:negative:

what are you talking about? the video isnt even comparing pc release to ps4 release. Also nowhere was said that the pc version looks worse than ps4, more like the other way around that ps4 comes close to pc but lacks in the aspects you listed....

This stuff is getting ridiculous. now we have to spread missinformation to ride this pathetic downgrade bull for all eternity?

Are you dumb or what?

It's a comparion between the 2014 PC build and the current one (2015)...They clearly say that the game got ''butchered'' on every corner when it comes to graphic fidelity.And they clearly stated that the current PC version looks similar to PS4.

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
Hah the official cdpr forums moderation is brutal, every thread that doesnt praise tw3 gets closed. Those guys are doing great PR, lol. As for nvidia, most gamers will now know that an upgrade to console level is sufficient, since that is the golden standard for almost all developers: buying expensive bleeding edge gfx cards or more accurately any card that is above console level is useless.

Doktor Best

Arcane
You talk about ps4 to pc comparison and you link a video comparing pc to gameplay trailer material, talk about being dumb. Also they mentioned some downgraded graphic features which are already known and discussed to death on any public forum while pointing out that the graphics are still awesome. Butchering my ass. But keep spreading your bullshit if it makes you happy, not that i give a fuck.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
You talk about ps4 to pc comparison and you link a video comparing pc to gameplay trailer material, talk about being dumb. Also they mentioned some downgraded graphic features which are already known and discussed to death on any public forum while pointing out that the graphics are still awesome. Butchering my ass. But keep spreading your bullshit if it makes you happy, not that i give a fuck.

Since when the fuck a 35 minute gameplay count as a trailer material?

And you can see for yourself the ''differences'' between Console and PC.

Next time learn to read you dumbass.

Zeriel

Arcane
Hah the official cdpr forums moderation is brutal, every thread that doesnt praise tw3 gets closed. Those guys are doing great PR, lol. As for nvidia, most gamers will now know that an upgrade to console level is sufficient, since that is the golden standard for almost all developers: buying expensive bleeding edge gfx cards or more accurately any card that is above console level is useless.

B-b-but m-muh 4K.

I can't get into the head of people who reputedly buy Titan SLI out of hand. Perhaps I really am missing out on the wonder of huge monitors.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom