Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Zeriel

Arcane
I'm playing Witcher games for story.

And graphics are a central part of telling that story, aren't they? Even CDProjekt touts their "cinematic" storytelling style. They don't mean you are playing the game through a camera lens when they say that, I think. Pretty sure that's a reference to graphical fidelity.

Deleted member 7219

Jesus christ are you guys still nitpicking every tiny thing? Aren't you guys the cunts who play 1985 pc games and praise the shit out of them?

I mean I think we all know by now they've downgraded. Hows the game though? Oh wait graphics matter now but not when playing some indie hipster stuff you guys love.

I'd much rather have this than another pixel art game
I have seen some reviews on neogaf from the PS4 version and some of them said that the quests are very repetative and not that great compared with what the dev said (every quest feels different my ass)....The writing seems to be so-so,nothing stellar..

If a faggy console player tells me that the quests are repetative and the writing mediocre...well something is wrong here

Not really. Console gamers praised the shit out of Oblivion and Fallout 3, and the writing in those games really was awful.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
Jesus christ are you guys still nitpicking every tiny thing? Aren't you guys the cunts who play 1985 pc games and praise the shit out of them?

I mean I think we all know by now they've downgraded. Hows the game though? Oh wait graphics matter now but not when playing some indie hipster stuff you guys love.

I have seen some reviews on neogaf from the PS4 version and some of them said that the quests are very repetative and not that great compared with what the dev said (every quest feels different my ass)....The writing seems to be so-so,nothing stellar..

If a faggy console player tells me that the quests are repetative and the writing mediocre...well something is wrong here

Not really. Console gamers praised the shit out of Oblivion and Fallout 3, and the writing in those games really was awful.
I don't think they praised those games for their quests or writing,they praised them for their freedom ,doing whatever the fuck you want with the world seems to pleasure the mind of a console tard...

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

And graphics are a central part of telling that story, aren't they? Even CDProjekt touts their "cinematic" storytelling style. They don't mean you are playing the game through a camera lens when they say that, I think. Pretty sure that's a reference to graphical fidelity.
I'm totally lost now and have no idea what you are getting at. Witcher has graphics, yes. You said graphics are all it has, I said I play it for story. Now you are saying what exactly? I also liked PST for story, but it didn't have HDR and shits, was it therefore worse game storywise?

I know that's not what you mean, but your post is incomprehensible to me.

Zeriel

Arcane
I need to go back to elementary school to learn how to English in a way that is comprehensible to ponies.

DeepOcean

Arcane

Alright, watched a stream from a br dude, the graphix on the PS 4 is okay if you look things from the distance but get too close at anything and the textures are Playstation 3 level. If the PC version is like that, I predict butthurt. The combat is pretty much the same ole from Witcha 2, cast Quen, roll alot and spam the left mouse button for Geralt sword dance moves. The writing and animation on the cutscenes are surprisingly well done, the dialog has good flow and don't feel artificial for the most part, it just flows natural without you feeling the writers are trying too hard, it isn't an highbrow fantasy story by any means but the characters are witty and they don't talk like exposition machines. Well, that is the witcha 3, combat sucks, graphix sucks but the writing is cool, if people played Bethesdun games after Morrowind and liked them, there is no reason to not try Witcha 3 as CDPR for all their potato faults, they have decent writers. I will buy the enhanced edition at 75% off two years from now, too busy playing games with good gameplay, when I want some storyfagness maybe I will be interested.

Perkel

Arcane
replaying currently TW2 for TW2 save and i installed full combat rebalance 2 done by flash.

First thing i notices is that armors were divided for tiers.

• Geralt's armors are split into 4 categories: leather jackets, heavy leather jackets, combat jackets and heavy combat jackets. Heavier armors impose small damage penalty on Geralt. Players need to choose between max damage and protection

So CDPR hired flash as gameplay programmer and now in TW3 armors are also divided in such way (though 3 tier not 4),

If that dude now works for CDPR maybe TW3 combat won't be horse shit after all ?

Cromwell

Arcane

I'm totally lost now and have no idea what you are getting at. Witcher has graphics, yes. You said graphics are all it has, I said I play it for story. Now you are saying what exactly? I also liked PST for story, but it didn't have HDR and shits, was it therefore worse game storywise?

I know that's not what you mean, but your post is incomprehensible to me.

What he is saying is that graphics are an integral part to storytelling in the game, or at least thats what they wanted us to believe. The main reason for my personal butthurt is not only that the downgrade was not needed, because fuck pleasing console peasants, it takes away atmosphere if the cities now are less populated. I dont give that much of a fuck about textures, but I would love it to see peasants run when I ride over a crowded marketplace, shame I cant have a crowded place because of downgrades.

Theres also a fucking difference between a studio which cant do any better, or cant pay, doesnt have the time or whatever other reason and just butchering a game down. Nobody seems to have a problem to tel pc users to get better hardware if theirs is outdated, but if the consoles cant handle shit nobody tells them to buy actual useful hardware. everyone and his dog is fucking graphic whoring, theese plebs wouldnt touch a aaa game with ps2 graphics, but if someone with better hardware demands to push the boundaries its suddenly "omg play it for the story you graphic whore". Yes I am massively butthurt.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
Another stream,but this one is with the day one patch.
http://www.twitch.tv/germandota

It seems that even with a GTX980 the fps is very unstable,even with the fucking downgrade the performance is wonky:lol:
How is this PC when you can see Xbox buttons?

He plays with a controller and that usualy changes the buttons icons...
That's gameplay footage with day one patch on ultra,it seems it's not that smooth even on a i7 and 980...

Zeriel

Arcane
1431860365200.png

AA options: On/Off.

:')

PC is lead platform guys!

Doktor Best

Arcane
Maybe everyone else is wrong with their perfomance checks, but maybe only maybe the guy cant handle his rig or has one million background tasks running (such as recording software and other bullshit).

Well we will see in 2 days.

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
Cdpr probably sold enough on Next Gen (lol) consoles to skip the pc alltogether in the next one. Saves a lot of lies and pr nightmares.

MasPingon

Arcane
Watching stream. Unlike Gotic 1/2, NPCs don't react and won't fight when wolves attack you just in front of them. Just sitting there having a good time like nothing is happening. Nice.

odrzut

Arcane
Watching stream. Unlike Gotic 1/2, NPCs don't react and won't fight when wolves attack you just in front of them. Just sitting there having a good time like nothing is happening. Nice.

In TW1 they would help.

Also in TW2 (sometimes).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom