Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
The graphics downgrade represents Geralt's poor eyesight as he gets older, the crappy performance is because even a witcher's eyes can only see 24 FPS.

Tytus

Arcane
The graphics downgrade represents Geralt's poor eyesight as he gets older, the crappy performance is because even a witcher's eyes can only see 24 FPS.

The active skills mechanics is just a representatiom of Geralts short memory problems. While his amnesia is gone some issues still linger. That is why Geralt can only have a limited number of skills active at once.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
CDP claims that Witcher 3 is using the same textures as in 2013 and there was no downgrade

We never switched the textures. On pc, you now have the option to activate "Ultra" quality textures with the full resolution. However, the difference that many people see with new and old footage was a strong sharpening filter in 2013 that looks awesome on screenshots and in short videos, but strains the eyes after a short while if there is a lot of movement (leaves and grass swaying in the wind as an example). That's why it was decided to tone that effect down.
However, people who really want to have it can of course use the Redkit to change the environment settings. It's just a matter of taste.
%29.gif

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/30086-The-Witcher-3-Modding?p=1662536&viewfull=1

Zeriel

Arcane
Zeriel claims that his dick is 20 feet long and there is no possibility of smaller size.

MasPingon

Arcane

The active skills mechanics is just a representatiom of Geralts short memory problems. While his amnesia is gone some issues still linger. That is why Geralt can only have a limited number of skills active at once.

The Witcher quest designers have a great room to maneuver, they just seem not to fully exploit the potential of the game. Take the the Precious cargo quest with a horse chase. It could end like this:

Minttunator

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Wrath
Jesus Christ, so much edge and butthurt in this thread - and the game isn't even out yet! :lol:

I expected nothing less from the Codex! :love:

Gerrard

Arcane
>the trailer never showed the game so there's no downgrade
>we never switched the textures
>we were never going to make the editor anyway
>why don't you just shut the fuck up and give us your money

Killzig

Cipher
Patron
Watching stream. Unlike Gotic 1/2, NPCs don't react and won't fight when wolves attack you just in front of them. Just sitting there having a good time like nothing is happening. Nice.
The AI has looked completely nonexistent in just about every video I've watched. Pretty standard for this series.

CDP claims that Witcher 3 is using the same textures as in 2013 and there was no downgrade

We never switched the textures. On pc, you now have the option to activate "Ultra" quality textures with the full resolution. However, the difference that many people see with new and old footage was a strong sharpening filter in 2013 that looks awesome on screenshots and in short videos, but strains the eyes after a short while if there is a lot of movement (leaves and grass swaying in the wind as an example). That's why it was decided to tone that effect down.
However, people who really want to have it can of course use the Redkit to change the environment settings. It's just a matter of taste.
%29.gif

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/30086-The-Witcher-3-Modding?p=1662536&viewfull=1

I can actually believe that, Witcher 2 used the same overdone sharpening that made textures look higher res but also made shimmering in motion easier to notice. I think it activated automatically if you used in game AA option.

Mortmal

Arcane
Jesus christ are you guys still nitpicking every tiny thing? Aren't you guys the cunts who play 1985 pc games and praise the shit out of them?

I mean I think we all know by now they've downgraded. Hows the game though? Oh wait graphics matter now but not when playing some indie hipster stuff you guys love.

I'd much rather have this than another pixel art game
Theres less than 20 codexers playing 1985 game, me included. Well 85 is even next gen for me , first action rpg I played was probably temple of apshai and that was 1981-1983 or something

I think I can cope with witcher 3 downgrade and so ugly graphics,yes it will be hard but i think I can stomach it . Just hope it doesn't really requires a 980 to play, expensive to get that just for one game.

Mortmal

Arcane
A prestigious french magazine™, well known for being quite severe with AAA productions, rates TW3 9/10.

Pros : Great writing, C&C, great art style, Skellige archipelago is amazing, Believable open-world.

Cons : Main quest a bit too long, UI is shit, some pathfiding and framerate issues.

They also recommend to play the game on higher difficulties.

This aint prestigious, its mainstream shit, this is prestigious ---> http://www.canardpc.com/
Now ttheir rating really means something. Unfortunatly you have to pay and buy a magazine , quality reviews have to be paid I am afraid.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Will wait for prestigious rpgcodex review made by Darth Roxor who once finishes for 7th time will write a review on how shit or semi-shit it is. Only then I will decide if it is worthy of a purchase on a -75% sale.

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer

Doktor Best

Arcane
I have to say npcs not reacting to attacking wolves is a far bigger letdown for me than any graphics downgrade could ever be.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom