Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Gerrard

Arcane
:lol::lol::lol: sure

first witcher:
-up to 15 fps in 3 rd chapter in wyzima
- 2-3 minutes long loading times
-crashes to desktop every 20 minutes
-broken nonsensical english dialogues
-disappearing items/npc or shit that dont even show up
-that shitty swamps in second chapter

and i am not even talking about gameplay and balance
Oh, okay, so you're retarded and have (had?) a shitty PC. Thanks for the clarification.
I'm sure you know better than me what game I played.

Paul_cz

Arcane
I preordered Witcher 2 both in CE and GOG, also got Steam version on sale.
Never regretted it for a second.

Suffice to say, I will be doing the same for Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk, and would do the same for Wasteland 2, Divinity and Kingdom Come, if I did not already own those.

first witcher:

broken in sense of combat being shitty knock off demons souls combat only that potatoes cant into coding. shitty ui, retarded qte, shitty boss fights, overpowered Quen and rolling all day long...

i finished witcher 2 only because Roche was a bro and couldnt leave him alone with all that shit:obviously:

CD Projekt delivered so far two average to good(enhanced editions) action adventure games with pretty good npc and plots but uterly shit combat systems and people treat them like a new saviour of crpg genre:lol::salute: storyfags gonna storyfag

"Unplayable broken piece of shit on day one" is not the same as "I dislike the gameplay."

Just so you know.
i dont dislike them. i played both of them and finished them. i dont think they are bad games (far from it). but they are games with a lot of technical issues and broken gameplay. their enhanced editions help a lot but cant overhaul the hole shitty combat system or that clusterfuck of UI.

first witcher:

Oh, okay, so you're retarded and have (had?) a shitty PC. Thanks for the clarification.
I'm sure you know better than me what game I played.
ffs please kill yourself u fukking retard and stop pretending that witcher 1 before enhanced edition was not a fucking mess.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
no you just need to buy wither 1 on launch and find out it is unplayable broken piece of shit. and than the same happens with witcher 2
I did, and played both at launch. The only "unplayable shit" was the DRM fiasco with TW2 that caused a delay.

first witcher:
Uh-oh, someone still plays the very first version of the game. Protip: install the latest patches. And yes, I know that the original version was a mess.

no you just need to buy wither 1 on launch and find out it is unplayable broken piece of shit. and than the same happens with witcher 2
I did, and played both at launch. The only "unplayable shit" was the DRM fiasco with TW2 that caused a delay.

first witcher:
Uh-oh, someone still plays the very first version of the game. Protip: install the latest patches. And yes, I know that the original version was a mess.
:rage: its 2014 and i still play witcher 1 ver. 1.0. and than bitch about that on codex:M

i know my english is shitt but how the fuck did you come up with that idea?
i posted i will play witcher 3 once they release enhanced edition because i played previous games on launch and they were broken turds. i played them more (and finished them) around year after their premiere when our beloved CD Hacks released final patches.

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

first witcher:
The only version available at launch is usually the first version.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

first witcher:
:rage: its 2014 and i still play witcher 1 ver. 1.0. and than bitch about that on codex:M

i posted i will play witcher 3 once they release enhanced edition because i played previous games on launch and they were broken turds. i played them more (and finished them) around year after their premiere when our beloved CD Hacks released final patches.
What's the problem, losing your temper so quickly? :troll:

Ninjerk

Arcane

first witcher:

What's the problem, losing your temper so quickly? :troll:
He's not over losing his avatar. None of us are.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Working as intended, this game should be played in Polish :obviously: , English version is for plebs
I'm not sure how foreigners can play in Polish (with no English subtitles). Do you suggest that everyone who wants to play this game ought to learn Polish? Or rather that those who do not speak Polish are of lesser status? And finally, are you severely retarded?

Cadmus

Arcane
Witcher 1 was a master piece compared to fucking DA:O, Mass cockshit and Skyfuckingshittycocksuckrim. The only problem is that most codex retards who claim "the combat is fucking broken, I pressa buten und mein character doesn't get stuck behing 2 feet pile of firewood like in Baldur's gate, ist scheisse" haven't been properly massaged by an extensive marketing strategy like in the case of the bigger and shittier developers.

The combat isn't and never was fukin broken, you're just fucking braindead. Fucking Planescape Torment and all the IE games' combat is broken, but that's not the point, the point is you are too retarded to treat the game fairly on par with other more hyped up titles.

THE WITCHER IS A GLORIOUS SLAVIC MYTHOLOGY CHAMPION AND YOU FUKARS GOT NO BALLS AND TASTE THUS YOU CANT APPRECIATE IT PROPERLY, MKEY?

Last edited:

Cadmus

Arcane
Honestly, I don't think everybody understands. I think people are totally weirded out by some aspects of the game. There's certain flavour in The Witcher, Operation Flashpoint and Mafia for example that is a very distinct indicator of it not being made in the US as an AAA title, I can't really put my finger on it..maybe it's all the little things.
No, really, explain to me how can someone claim the witcher combat to be broken? Look at IWD - it's an action RPG with DnD rules but little actual role playing or dialogues or anything so it should serve right for comparison.

In Witcher you press buten - geralt makes pretty combo, you press correctly again, he makes better combo. You can move around, it's pretty dynamic in movement, it's easy to fuck up, you got multiple styles to use, easy to use diverse magic spells. I think it's pretty responsive, the animations are great, the fighting style looks great, potions are perfectly blended into the combat system. What's broken about it?

In IWD you click your fighter and if he doesn't get stuck somewhere he will start whacking his target, mages cast spells sometimes if they don't get stuck or lost or something..and I don't see anybody complaining about these games combat when it's the least enjoyable part of the game and the game is 95% combat, surely more than in Witcher. That's what I mean with being unfair to the game. You can call it easy/hard/simple but broken it isn't by any stretch of the imagination yet I see this idiotic remark repeated here so often

Last edited:

Grinolf

Arcane
THE WITCHER IS A GLORIOUS SLAVIC MYTHOLOGY CHAMPION AND YOU FUKARS GOT NO BALLS AND TASTE THUS YOU CANT APPRECIATE IT PROPERLY, MKEY?

For the slavic mythology champion Witcher relies too much on the western mythology, primarily on the arthurian legend. More so, Sapkowski in one of his articles critised the writers who use only slav mythology, saying that there isn't much left from it after christianization and it has a little connection with the modern slavs . And he probably right on that, since all attempts to revive a slavic mythology in the form of fantasy, that I know, sucked.

dryan

Arcane
Honestly, I don't think everybody understands. I think people are totally weirded out by some aspects of the game. There's certain flavour in The Witcher,(...) that is a very distinct indicator of it not being made in the US as an AAA title, I can't really put my finger on it..maybe it's all the little things.
I remember reading some review (or post?) saying that the Witcher 2 was somehow tailor-made for US/western tastes, and that was the reason for its huge success. It was also a "can't put my finger on it" kind of opinion. Not saying that I agree with either (I wouldn't know how to tell whether a game feels western or non-western), but it's funny how people have such opposite impressions.

Cadmus

Arcane
Honestly, I don't think everybody understands. I think people are totally weirded out by some aspects of the game. There's certain flavour in The Witcher,(...) that is a very distinct indicator of it not being made in the US as an AAA title, I can't really put my finger on it..maybe it's all the little things.
I remember reading some review (or post?) saying that the Witcher 2 was somehow tailor-made for US/western tastes, and that was the reason for its huge success. It was also a "can't put my finger on it" kind of opinion. Not saying that I agree with either (I wouldn't know how to tell whether a game feels western or non-western), but it's funny how people have such opposite impressions.

No, it's right. I was talking about TW1 not 2.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Honestly, I don't think everybody understands. I think people are totally weirded out by some aspects of the game. There's certain flavour in The Witcher, Operation Flashpoint and Mafia for example that is a very distinct indicator of it not being made in the US as an AAA title, I can't really put my finger on it..maybe it's all the little things.

I was more saying American's being very America-focused and demanding entertainment meet their style and values isn't necessarily ignorance, more just a superiority complex. They're aware other nations exist with very different histories, values, cultures, etc., they just think you all suck and we rule. It's sad but I can't change it, we're raised and educated with a superiority complex.

I loved Witcher except for the translation being iffy. Combat was kind of boring but whatever, it is in most RPGs.

dryan

Arcane

No, it's right. I was talking about TW1 not 2.
Ah gotcha.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom