Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wizardry The Wizardry Series Thread

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Anyone managed to run the Llygamyn Saga PC version?

Lukifell

Educated
Man. The cover art on the earlier Wizardries (1-5 plus the GB spin-offs) is just fucking gorgeous. There’s just something timeless and classy about it.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
I'm fucking tilted. I'm in the final area of Wizardry 6 and my game crashed and my save is corrupted 20 minutes before the end of the game.

Humbaba

Arcane
Right lads I need some help here.

I followed this guide here to get more than one save (https://af.gog.com/forum/wizardry_series/saving_in_wizardry_6?as=1649904300), made a folder called "SAVES" and put it in the BANE folder. I start a new game and save and quit right after the intro sequence. I check the SAVES folder and it's empty. I figure something went wrong and it saved in the BANE folder. There should be a file called savegame.dbs in the BANE folder but that one is missing as well (all I have is a file called "newgame.dbs"). What did I do wrong?

Running the steam version on a mac, if it makes a difference. It comes prepackaged with boxer but the directories are the same.

Humbaba

Arcane
NEVERMIND I found a readme file that stated that the save games are not in the BANE folder, they are in Library/Boxer/Gamebox States. Shit works now.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Ninja Faerie!!!
rbsdPFQ.jpg

GO GET EM!

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Now that game me an idea to start a party of solid faeries not just for this game but Phantasie (pixie or sprite is fine). I did beat WOTES with nothing but halflings.

Just saw & subscribed. This dude loves wiz8 it looks like.

Last edited:

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Has anyone played Wizardry Gold? I always assumed it was an entirely cosmetic update, but reading the manual makes it sound like there were mechanical changes (presumably made without Bradley's consent). Mapping is described as a physical skill when it was academic in CotDS.

wizgold-manual-1.png

Mapping not being in competition with Mythology/Artifacts/Scribe/Diplomacy/Kirijutsu/spellcasting skills would be nice.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Has anyone played Wizardry Gold? I always assumed it was an entirely cosmetic update, but reading the manual makes it sound like there were mechanical changes (presumably made without Bradley's consent). Mapping is described as a physical skill when it was academic in CotDS.

wizgold-manual-1.png

Mapping not being in competition with Mythology/Artifacts/Scribe/Diplomacy/Kirijutsu/spellcasting skills would be nice.

There already is Climbing and Swimming skills. Diplomacy is broken in Wiz Gold.
The character portraits are anime like.
Avoid.

Humbaba

Arcane
Bought her a spear, which apparently she can use. But a club is too much to handle for her for some reason. Should do more damage than her bare hands, though her sneak attacks do deal like 10 damage but that's not gonna scale is it.

Speaking of which, is there a way to see how much damage a weapon deals? Assay tells you nothing.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Bought her a spear, which apparently she can use. But a club is too much to handle for her for some reason. Should do more damage than her bare hands, though her sneak attacks do deal like 10 damage but that's not gonna scale is it.

Speaking of which, is there a way to see how much damage a weapon deals? Assay tells you nothing.
Pretty sure Identify tells you the damage. At least it does in 7.

Humbaba

Arcane
Luckily managed to wrangle my priestess into a valkyrie at level 6. I have noticed that pure casters become a bit useless in harder and prolonged encounters around this stage, which is still just the early game as I am told. Now to grind her back up in the basement.

To compensate, the mage got no skill points on his level up. Might look into turning him into a monk or something but for now he remains useful offensively.

Humbaba

Arcane
Game's a lot easier than I expected. The only encounter I've had trouble with so far is the fat rat fight. The bard putting entire groups to sleep is very helpful but even when she isn't, lethality is modest. I don't wanna speak too soon though, just left the castle and might run into some real bastards.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom