Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wizardry The Wizardry Series Thread

myoffice91

Novice
A new version of Fan-Patch 1.28 build 4850 for Russian \ English Wizardry 8 has been released. http://www.postcount.net/forum/show...anniversary)&p=3999759&viewfull=1#post3999759

Good news: in fan patch 1.28, the original "new models" bug is fixed (in the Expanded mod, there was a crash in some locations or during the battle). Now the game doesn't crash!

Feature:
  1. It is possible to add new portraits without replacing the originals
  2. The possibility of expanding the packages of votes and adding "ticks" 3,4,5
  3. A lot of settings in Win8.ini and ModInfo.ini
  4. Added hotkeys to inventory, spell panel, as well as for some other game functions
  5. Added support for BIK video setup for windowed mode
  6. The ability to expand the limit of spells studied by the character from 114 to 456
  7. Increased the limit of monsters in 1 group from 9 to 45
  8. Improved work with Windows 10
  9. In battles with a large number of monsters, freezes became approximately 2 times less
  10. Many other optimizations of the game
  11. Added the ability for an RPC to put his favorite item in the "Squad Stuff". When the mercenary is fired, he will take away his favorite item.
  12. Added automatic checking for content mods cfagent.dll ,cfagent.lua, *.cfdat.
  13. Support of negative elemental resistances for characters, as well as the removal of restrictions on the maximum value of resistances.
  14. Monsters are now affected by the magic screen spell.
  15. The weapon with the "Seize" effect now works correctly (it did not work in the original, but there was no corresponding weapon).
  16. The function of calculating the average level of the party has been changed - finally, mercenaries are taken into account. Also, the level corresponds to the maximum level of the party, not the average.
  17. Fixed a memory leak bug
  18. Added support for playing with 7 mercenaries!
  19. Added localization support for all *dbs
  20. Added support for the "Parallel World" function, which allows you to conveniently switch mods.
  21. Added automatic calculation of FOV in the real world, now the image will not stretch at widescreen resolution.
  22. Added 4 settings pages to "general"
  23. Added the ability to instantly launch the game
  24. The ability to include an alternative StringData (from Orachin) - without typos
  25. Implemented the option of "Transparent radar and plotting"
  26. Added hotkey CTRL+F10 to view FPS
  27. Added 4-bit support in NPC.
  28. Removing the restriction from Fact.dbs
  29. The render per second is limited for all interfaces except in the real world to reduce the load on video cards.
  30. The optimization of the assortment of goods from merchants has been implemented, now only 3 of one type of goods are displayed.
  31. Fixed an original bug related to the spell "return to the portal": with several teleports in a row, incorrect coordinates were recorded and the party could fall into the floor.
  32. LUA - new features: 45+2
  33. LUA - new events: 18+2
  34. New parameters for modders: 52
  35. Optimization implemented: reducing the load from 0% to 1% on the processor, except for the real world.
  36. The "Parallel World" form is implemented, where when selecting a fashion from the folder list, information about the fashion is displayed.
  37. Added support for displaying Russian text for the versions "English disk", "GoG", "Steam".

The innovations are: 19+1+1+10+75+3+20=129
Fixed bugs: 25+3+4+18+37+6+(21)=114
Simplifications and modifications of the game: 9+2+7+3+17+0+(27)=65
Stability & Performance: 25+0+0+2+12+0+(3)=42
Total: 350+53

myoffice91

Novice
Increased the limit of monsters in 1 group from 9 to 45
wake me up when they let you encounter 99 berserkers
Bard's Tale mod for Wizardry 8 when
Increase limit 45 by 99 ? if so, it seems to me that no modder has done editing monsters appearance number 99.

Original, no mod. Monster generator one group, random number from and to.
Forest Mite (9 to 24)
Dungeon Mite (6 to 18)
Swarming Was (5 to 14)
Baruta Fish (6 to 15)
Thanatopede (8 to 14)
99 berserkers in Wizardry 8 means a 10 hours fight.
A new option "Monster animation speed" has appeared, faster animation of attack, miss, throw .... That is, it saves a lot of time, but it is difficult to focus on the strategy.

lnwWB8jbs-E.jpg

Self-Ejected

Lim-Dûl

Self-Ejected
Idk the interface looks like Terry Davis made it. Also no mac port.
What's wrong with looking like Terry Davis made it? There is a guide on Steam Community for running it with Wine. I'm too lazy to detail why but it's one of the best game I've ever played.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
Fig want to do something with the Wizardry license, though it's not clear exactly what specifically. Covers four Wizardry games according to the site, so it could just be a rerelease of say Wiz 1-3 and 5 of the DOS games or maybe if we are lucky a remaster like the Bard's Tale trilogy

bandersnatch was the one who found the info, so go to his profile and thank him there, as he can't join here

Cursed series.

You either get the brand to a competent developer or let it have its deserved rest. It has been like 19 fucking years for now, and nothing came even close to beating Wizardry 7,8 or Busin 0. And even if you want to play the older titles with better graphics, there is always the option to play the SNES version which looks far superior than this shit that is Wizardry: The Five Ordeals.

Codex Year of the Donut
Wizardry IP has near zero brand recognition at this point outside of nursing homes. Couldn't imagine why someone would fund a game based on that alone.

Modron

Arcane
Wizardry IP has near zero brand recognition at this point outside of nursing homes. Couldn't imagine why someone would fund a game based on that alone.
Ubisoft is working on an open world Might and Magic thing, you never know what corpse publishers will exhume.

Last edited:

Arthandas

Liturgist
Are there any notable differences between GOG and Steam versions of 6 and 7?
Apart from different platforms, they also have different publishers. Did Nightdive altered the code in any way?

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Are there any notable differences between GOG and Steam versions of 6 and 7?
Apart from different platforms, they also have different publishers. Did Nightdive altered the code in any way?
The Steam versions have had their copy protection disabled. Otherwise they're unchanged. I assume the GOG versions are the same, although the last couple games I played on GOG (Shattered Lands and Champions of Krynn) still had their copy protection enabled, so who knows.

Butter

Arcane
Patron

This guy has also made a Wizardry 7 rebalance mod. The link to it in this video description is broken, but if you join his Discord there's a current link that works.

Last edited:

Dungeon Lord

Scholar
Has anyone mentioned this mod yet?
Wizardry 8 Expanded Mod
http://www.postcount.net/forum/showthread.php?243563-A-new-mod
Current version 1.1: https://www.moddb.com/mods/wizardry-8-expanded/downloads/wizardry-8-expanded-11

A new version of Fan-Patch 1.28 build 4850 for Russian \ English Wizardry 8 has been released. http://www.postcount.net/forum/show...anniversary)&p=3999759&viewfull=1#post3999759

Good news: in fan patch 1.28, the original "new models" bug is fixed (in the Expanded mod, there was a crash in some locations or during the battle). Now the game doesn't crash!

17 new locations + additions to the existent locations
More than 600 new monsters/NPCs
More than 500 new items
Re-balancing of classes, magic tree, spells, items, monsters
New textures New monster models and skins
Every item in the game has a unique icon
Several new spells. Some are only usable by enemies, but some can be used by player via items Several new side-quests New NPCs and traders, and they even have voice lines
Some new sounds (mostly for monsters and new spells)
New loading screens for all locations

Last edited:

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Wizardry 8 Expanded Mod
Current version 1.1: https://www.moddb.com/mods/wizardry-8-expanded/downloads/wizardry-8-expanded-11

More than 500 new items
Several new spells. Some are only usable by enemies, but some can be used by player via items Several new side-quests New NPCs and traders, and they even have voice lines

Looks nice, I might try it soon-ish.
The thread from postcount mentions a lot of crashed but if it's fixed, looks like only the good stuff remains.

ilawtdg

Novice
Instructions to run PC version of Llylgamyn Saga (Wizardry 1 remaster)

So lately I've been trying to obtain and run this game and finally did it. It was very hard to find everything because it's a rather obscure version which was never translated nor released outside of Japan.
Massive thanks to Sceptic for providing certain files.

I'm sorry to reply so long after this was posted, but I'm trying to find this version of the game and this post was the only place I've been able to find that was hosting it. Unfortunately, the mediafire link's dead. Would you (or anyone else reading this) be able to re-upload it somewhere?

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
Wizardry 8 Expanded Mod

More than 500 new items
Thanks for the link, I'm trying it right now. So far I'm a bit overwhelmed by the tons of new content. There are so many new things to talk about, I don't know where to start. Clearing everything I could in the monastery, including new areas, took many hours. My guys are level 9 and I'm ready to hit Arnika road now, so I'll see how it goes. So far, the one thing I can say is that people who think "Wizardry 8 = too many too long fights" won't be amused. I'll post more about the mod if I keep playing it.

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
I intend to go to Arnika at least, then I'll see. It's nice and interesting to discover all the new stuff, but damn, those fights... The monastery was nightmarish at times. Retracing your steps to open a locked door/crate once you've found the key only to stumble upon yet another 20+ enemies fight really wore me down. And many of those fights are not the "trash mob" kind, you actually have to pay attention and use the (too) many items/bombs/potions you found. It's cool yet taxing, so I may run out of steam sooner or later.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom