Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Decline Thiaf Pre-Release Thread

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by MetalCraze, Mar 5, 2013.

1. retardation Learned

retardation
    Exactly, Thief was about exploration and mystery. It was an attempt to improve the gaming industry, and they did it.

^ Top  
  2. MadMaxHellfire Arcane

MadMaxHellfire
    no, that's not the problem.
    would thiaf be a good game without comparing it to the previous thief games? no.
    that's the problem.

^ Top  
  3. Oesophagus Arcane

Oesophagus
    Ok, so do hammers, pagans, or any interesting factions from the originals appear in this turd? I mean, even vague references, or is it grimdark bullshit all the way?

^ Top  
  4. skacky Prestigious Gentleman 3D Realms Developer

skacky
    Some references here and there, but nothing explicit, no, except a whole ruined Keeper compound under the cathouse that serves little to no purpose.

^ Top  
  5. 7/10 Learned

7/10
    But wouldn't anyone care, if a 3rd rate Dishonored clone was good or bad? No.

^ Top  
  6. evdk comrade troglodyte :M Patron

evdk
    Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
    You should register here to shit post in all the threads, it's tradition. Drog approved.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  7. retardation Learned

retardation
    Just in case someone tries to spread propaganda before launch, here's the screenshot I took from youtube walkthrough:

[​IMG]

^ Top  
  8. Diablo169 Arcane

Diablo169
    Why would I want to play it? That would involve paying for it or acquiring it illegally. The former is laughable and the later is a waste of time and bandwidth. It's 2014 and I can watch a stream or youtube videos of titles before i even contemplate getting them myself. I have seen enough gameplay now to judge that this game is simply awful.

^ Top  
  9. Stereotypical Villain Arcane

Stereotypical Villain
    The Thief-Taker General taffed them all in the bum with his awesome hand crossbow that he loaned from the Diablo 3 set.

That's how I like to think of it at least; if something's gonna be shit you might as well make up an alternate reality where it's all done for a spoof. It preserves sanity.

^ Top  
  10. DraQ Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

DraQ
    Is he the guy responsible for the constant babbling about "DNA!" in (otherwise decent) DX:HR?

If so, he deserves to be fucking shot in the face.

^ Top  
  11. Borelli Arcane

Borelli
    Upgrades for upgrades sake ... such a useless feature hoping to scratch that "i'm getting more powerful" itch. Not the way Thief is made.
    Oh well i guess it's an RPG now, i expect a Codex review on my desk next friday. :troll:

Last edited: Feb 23, 2014
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. racofer Thread Incliner

racofer
    You guys make me sick. You can't criticize a game until you've liked it.

• Brofist Brofist x 17
    ^ Top  
  13. Zewp Arcane

Zewp
    Codex 2013
    That's a bit more accurate.

^ Top  
  14. Angthoron Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Angthoron
    The livestreams make me think that THIAF should've been called HUGGER the way Hurrett is holding his arms out all the time.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  15. Quatlo Arcane

Quatlo
    So much for Gorreto being "The Master Thief"
    His mastery is so masterly that he still has room to improve his masterful stealth.
    Jesus, after watching some twitch streams I'm not even going to bother pirating this game. It just looks like crap. Especially that forced Asylum level that wasn't scary, just boring as hell.

^ Top  
  16. JarlFrank I like Thief THIS much Patron

JarlFrank
    Secret Lab of the Warrior-Magus of Esoteric RPGism

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  17. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    More like pervert.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Wilian Arcane Patron

Wilian
    Divinity: Original Sin
    That's because Google spies on what you do and provides you with links that it thinks you'd find most interesting.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. forumvisitor#451 Savant

forumvisitor#451
    This is so good:D Better than any late movie. Where are all (not just few) the blind fanboys? Where is Master Taffer and his deaf friend? I keep looking for them, they will be icing on the cake of this fucked-up Eidos' damage control. I guess he got overloaded from all the sperm from SE's cock. It is so relieving to hear that some people cancelled pre-orders. But now seriously, is this the gaming industry crash? They took the holy grail and remade it from shiny plastic. All those lies from developers and Eidos mods - "Heads are gonna roll now!"

^ Top  
  20. Kellhus Plant

Advertising Plant
    Advertising plant
    Have yet to see anything that would indicate that Thief will be anything less than excelent. Streams are not a valid indicator of the quality, and anyway anything problematic that I sa2 in them can be explained either by:
    1. Obviously early build (bugs & glitches)
    or
    2. General lack of skill displayed by players
    I recon that gameplay video of a finished version made by an experienced and skilled player would show this game in quite a different light!

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  21. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    WELL HELLO, I BET YOU'VE BEEN LURKING THIS PLACE FOR AGES HAVE YOU NOT?

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  22. Goegoff Educated

Goegoff
    :0/5:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Oesophagus Arcane

Oesophagus
    well it's either trolling, or *gasp* Eidos is worried that a large number of people may read the codex's opinion! Unlikely though...

^ Top  
  24. Sordid MCA/Prosper Hybryd Arcane Patron

Sordid MCA/Prosper Hybryd
    Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    It's so nice that all these unbiased people have found time to register on Codex and tell us how awesome Thiaf actually is. Otherwise we could be fooled by those deceitful live-streams and miss opportunity to pre-order such a masterpiece.

• Brofist Brofist x 7
    ^ Top  
  25. Darth Roxor Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis

Darth Roxor
    :lol:

this is getting better by the minute :avatard:

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.