Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Titan Quest Anniversary Edition

Sykar

Arcane
Poison is pretty strong, but crap against undead who are immune. You are also not forced to get Ragnarok and it doesn't come with the anniversary edition. I don't have Ragnarok for example and have no intention of getting it because the reviews/opinions on it are super mixed. Ditto for Atlantis.

I will get them just for the Soulvizer mod which is a must have for me since it expands the game so much:
https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=1201.0

They are not that expensive either. 15 bucks base, add a discount and it barely hurts at all. The AE version has some really nice upgrades, my favorite being that you can increase the speed of the game, though I prefer "fast" over "very fast" because" very fast" feels... weird. By contrast "fast" hits the spot for me and alleviates one of my biggest gripe I had with the game well over a decade ago.
Also increases difficulty without the idiocy of XMAX.

wishbonetail

Learned

Good luck holding square on Legend.
Aslo, you might want to increase the game speed to fast.
Also, you might want to skip early game to get to the later difficulties as fast as possible. Early grinding is a time waster.
Also, you might want to install xmax mod to liven up things a bit. Oh, wait...

SumDrunkGuy

Good luck holding square on Legend.
Aslo, you might want to increase the game speed to fast.
Also, you might want to skip early game to get to the later difficulties as fast as possible. Early grinding is a time waster.
Also, you might want to install xmax mod to liven up things a bit. Oh, wait...
Maybe they shoulda made the harder difficulties available from the start. I fucked my character build up, it's no good, and yet I'm still walking through the game with my eyes closed. It's a joke.

Worst of all the game is dull as hell. The character building is the only thing it has going for it and that's not nearly enough to make it interesting. I'd take Diablo 3 over it any day. At least that game is amusing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
When you put points only in passive abilities, you obviously only have one button to press.

SumDrunkGuy

I just don't have the patience to start over with a new character. That act 1 is such a mind-numbing slog. Most of these games are.

Zlaja

Arcane
To understand why shit got so bad with "zoomer" gameplay in POE, you only need to read all the compliants about Titan Quest (and numerous other ARPGs) "being too slow".

Fucking niggers!

Lacrymas

Arcane
Titan Quest is very fine. I was actually planning to play it today. I have like 4 characters going, but my favorite is Dream/Spirit focused on vitality damage.

Sarathiour

Cipher
Starting in normal, only the lich (and that's if you picked a CC character) and centaur trapper are somewhat dangerous in act 1.
There is nothing to fear in act 2, the game only start having things that can kill you around act 3.

Lacrymas

Arcane
This or Grim Down?
It depends on what you are looking for. Grim Dawn (with expansions) has by faaaar more content for every possible playstyle and skill level. Titan Quest is more straightforward with a more unique setting, but the expansions outside of Immortal Throne are somewhat bad afaik (the only one worth getting is Atlantis for the juicy new abilities that allow previously lackluster builds to shine). If I were to give a tier list I'd go Grim Dawn with expansions > Titan Quest with Immortal Throne and Atlantis > Grim Dawn without expansions = Titan Quest with only Immortal Throne. The amount of stuff the GD expansions bring to the table is mindboggling and I'd say unique in the hack and slash sphere. GD with the expansions is imo the best hack and slasher out there atm.

SumDrunkGuy

Fuck all these games. I'm downloading Shadows: Awakening. Now that game was the shit. I just now realized I never finished it. Criminally underrated game.

deama

Prophet
SumDrunkGuy , you're playing it wrong, you need to download something called "cheat engine", hook it up to titan quest, and speedhack it to about 1.5x. That's the best way to play these games.

Palomides

Augur
Reminder that Titan Quest was ruined due to the perception that people would be too stupid for things like snow and ruins in Greece, and also enemies that were seemingly 'too intelligent'.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Guys, I'm playing TQ Anniversary for the firsrt time, in act V, during the quest "the warrior princess", I need to "ask directions to Glauberg", but where is he? I'm walking everywehere in the Gorinth and Heuneburg and can't find him. Where I can find him??

BTW, my build is STORM/RUNE.

somerandomdude

Learned
I remember years ago, there was a mod that turned all the mobs into Gigantes Dactyls, and if you ran it with Xmax, it would multiply their numbers. Xmax x10 mob count + all mobs = Gigantes Dactyls, let's go! Even some of the most broken builds ran into some problems there.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom