Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Elder Scrolls Todd Howard Appreciation Thread

what do you think of Todd?

• i like him and i like bethesda

• he's a nice guy but i'm not getting scammed again

• i'd play bethesda games, don't care about todd tho

• i don't like him, i don't like bethesda games, and i only play turn-based games

• who is todd? (kc)

Results are only viewable after voting.

None

Scholar
Next up: Todd Howard

Self-Ejected

MajorMace

Self-Ejected
Patron
Despite everything, one of Todd's characteristic I'll never not respect is the fact he spent almost twenty years as the face of a succesful video game dev studio.
Who can sit at this table with him ? They pretty much all quit after ten years, understandbly so.
But Todd didn't quit. Praise Todd.

Tihskael

Learned
Despite everything, one of Todd's characteristic I'll never not respect is the fact he spent almost twenty years as the face of a succesful video game dev studio.
Who can sit at this table with him ? They pretty much all quit after ten years, understandbly so.
Having Redguard on your CV would do that to you.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
LuiKoS0.jpg

BruceVC

Magister
I agree, I hope he doesnt quit Bethesda. He has played such an instrumental and constructive role in numerous overall successful gaming projects

And he genuinely comes across in a candid and sincere way, I like his interviews. He reminds me of Sven from Larian who is also a good spokesperson :cool:

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I like his lack of pretentiousness and pomp(compared to faggots like Kojima,for example).
He is responsible for both the success of Bethesda on the market,but also the general decline of his games in RPG mechanics and philosophy,which culminated with Skyrim,the least RPG entry in the series,severely lacking the scope and vision of the previous entries.

Now let's just see what Starfield will be all about...
vc73kftoOqth2U9JdUf-pkQqdsGOSgkqMTjVXnuC0oU.png

BruceVC

Magister
I like his lack of pretentiousness and pomp(compared to faggots like Kojima,for example).
He is responsible for both the success of Bethesda on the market,but also the general decline of his games in RPG mechanics and philosophy,which culminated with Skyrim,the least RPG entry in the series,severely lacking the scope and vision of the previous entries.

Now let's just see what Starfield will be all about...
vc73kftoOqth2U9JdUf-pkQqdsGOSgkqMTjVXnuC0oU.png
I appreciate your objectiveness, I dont agree that he is responsible for the decline of RPG mechanics. He is not responsible for the creation of consoles or how gaming exploded in popularity and gaming companies have to " dumb down " games in certain respects. As much as I wish all games were like BG2 and similar games we have to realistic and fair about the various platforms out there and also what most gamers expect. And that doesnt mean we dont have and demand indie developers to make more hardcore games and we can support those games

I have no issue with people being honest and saying " I dont like Bethesda\Todd Howard " games because thats your opinion and I respect that even if I dont share it

But its demonstrably untrue to say " Bethesda\Todd Howard " games are shit because sales numbers and the millions of fans disagree with that :cool:

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
He is responsible for both the success of Bethesda on the market,but also the general decline of his games in RPG mechanics and philosophy

Todd and Pete Hines ran creativity into the ground

Oblivion is almost single handedly responsible for RPG decline

Morrowind was the last good game they made, and the last PC game they made. Also the game which saved them from bankruptcy

So I don't give a shit about their success. Todd is a meme, which this thread proves, and a capitalist fiend, so fuck him

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Todd Howard's legacy,

• DLCs
  • industrial algorithmic garbage
  • tradition of shit coding in all of Bethesda's games
  • memes

That's it

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Todd Howard's legacy,

• DLCs
  • industrial algorithmic garbage
  • tradition of shit coding in all of Bethesda's games
  • memes

That's it

Bugs. LOTS of bugs.
I am curious what direction the Elder Scrolls franchise would've taken with Julian LeFay as director.
He is one of the most important people in the franchise's history. He is given special thanks in Morrowind credits,though he did not work on it.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I still feel betrayed by the oldest TES: Arena ads and art showing slave markets, possible multi players, and more. We've all probably read the article or cutting room floor. I liked the style of the first game but thought there could be more.

BruceVC

Magister
I still feel betrayed by the oldest TES: Arena ads and art showing slave markets, possible multi players, and more. We've all probably read the article or cutting room floor. I liked the style of the first game but thought there could be more.
You cant still be holding a grudge from the days of Arena, that was 1994?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
You cant still be holding a grudge from the days of Arena, that was 1994?
He can hold it as long as he likes, it's his grudge.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom