Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
Same, no issues here. Definitely incline, very nice atmosphere! :incline::bounce:

Some issues with the movement of the character and scrolling. Atmosphere is nice indeed. I like these character creation systems, although i not always stick with the result...

Btw I not only gained some stat pool points but also lost some.

Zombra i didnt count, but im guessing 7 or 8. The questions are more like decision points in a relatively elaborate story.

Last edited:

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I didn't lose any; I guess I got lucky. I was spending effort or w/e it's called pretty generously though.

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
Yeah, i lost stat point(s) at 1 occasion, cant recall how many, probably was 1 indeed.

Btw there is a special forum section at inXile.

How about the voice over? From the little we got, i thought it was pretty good and fitting the atmosphere although on my setup the volume was too low at times (when failling down).

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Interesting take on character creation, the writing looks quite better than wasteland 2 so that's a good sign for the game.

VioletShadow

Sensate
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
How about the voice over? From the little we got, i thought it was pretty good and fitting the atmosphere although on my setup the volume was too low at times (when failling down).

I really liked him. From the AST FAQ, apparently he's placeholder but might end up doing the VA "for real". Hope everyone gives good feedback on him, thought he did a very nice job (could be improved ofc, bit more practice so it's not as rushed).

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
My goodness, getting about 10 FPS on an i7 4790k :retarded:

Submitted some minor UI feedback / bug reports. Don't have time to thoroughly examine it at the moment but I will later.

Karwelas

Dwarf Taffer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut I helped put crap in Monomyth
Note that at that point you lose 1 might pool temporarily (as in, take "1 damage"), it's not a permanent decrease.

Hmm. So it is char creation or rather part of game created special for alpha part presentation? I don't know how you can say/write, sir.

Any interesting facts for hungry Co' dexians?

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Hmm. So it is char creation or rather part of game created special for alpha part presentation? I don't know how you can say/write, sir.
I'm not sure I follow. This is the opening of the game (not final, of course) and the stat increases are permanent, it's just that specific loss of might pool is not permanent, it's representing damage (in Numenera, you take damage by losing might pool to physical damage)

Kem0sabe

Arcane

Submitted some minor UI feedback / bug reports. Don't have time to thoroughly examine it at the moment but I will later.
Don't do this to yourself again man, it will invariably end in tears and forum rants.

Karwelas

Dwarf Taffer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm not sure I follow. This is the opening of the game (not final, of course) and the stat increases are permanent, it's just that specific loss of might pool is not permanent, it's representing damage (in Numenera, you take damage by losing might pool to physical damage)

Oh, I see! My Numenera knowledge is a bit... Small. Thanks for answer, sir.

By the way, I like how light changes a bit when you choose something (like when you choose something connected to force/anger light changes a bit.)

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Don't do this to yourself again man, it will invariably end in tears and forum rants.

PS:T was not my favourite game (in fact, I've never finished it) so I have less strict ideas of TON "should be" and if the game turns out to be a disappointment then I won't be really phased about it, as opposed to spitting mad. Adam Heine, GZiets, ksaun et al have all been pretty br0 by posting on the Codex over the last few years so I don't mind spending a bit of time reporting some bugs and shit. I've got a couple of other things on at the moment as well, so I also don't have as much time to commit to testing.

Fry

Arcane

It's way too early to discuss performance, but for what it's worth I never drop below 30 with the same CPU.

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
the fps decrease is directly related to the rendering of the moving background, however, it seems to be system-wide so don't worry about it. I did overall enjoy the brief preview, and it has got me excited, I hope they have some combat and other gameplay action in the next alpha systems test since I'm guessing that's where the feedback will be needed the most.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
For the moment, the character seems to sprint very quickly, while only being able to turn slowly. I am not sure whether this a graphical issues on my end though.

Some of the dialogue options could be better. For example, the second sphere near the doors has the following dialogue options: "use your charm to persuade her; use your superior intellect to show the wisdom of your method." I would prefer actual lines of dialogue over general descriptions of what you did, especially since I thought you were jumping into prior memories.

PS:T was not my favourite game (in fact, I've never finished it)

That's unfortunate, I thought the end was the best part.

Last edited:

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
Note that at that point you lose 1 might pool temporarily (as in, take "1 damage"), it's not a permanent decrease.

I see, i thought it was permanent, which wouldnt be bad perse (in a character creation sequence with choice and consequence).

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm going to hype this little portion of the game that we got to see and say that this shit's the real deal. This is what we have been waiting for since the Nameless One ended up in hell.

Unwanted

Irenaeus II

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
Really liked the alpha system test, it was all I was expecting and more. No problems, great text, cool zone, intriguing ideas about mind/memory, zero bugs, graphics/animations obviously aren't final.

Can't wait for the next test! Bring them on!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom