Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Alright, so it works shitty on my computer, but at least it's playable including the first scene. They still need to do something about the performance, though.

But, man, I really like it so far. It's a lot of fun trying to figure out how things work and I like the ciphers. It at least seems like they can give a lot of choices and variety in how to approach the situations you encounter. And I already want to fuck Calli in the vagina. "We have a world to conquer". Yeah, yeah, sure, but show me your tits. All 8 or 10 of them.
Good stuff so far, not much bad to say about it.

But what's this?
NtRUs1p.jpg

bitch plz. Adra barrels? Fix or I'm having an aneurysm.

Prime Junta

I like the ciphers. It at least seems like they can give a lot of choices and variety in how to approach the situations you encounter.

I thought the cyphers were a bit underwhelming actually. Most of them don't do much that you can't do with the abilities your party has. Also the broken inventory management makes them borderline-unusable at the moment.

They are promising though. Fix the inventory and buff them up a bit and they could be loads of fun.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
In the Ninth World, mimics take the form of barrels, not chests, and can be spotted by their false shadows. RTFM.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
I like the ciphers. It at least seems like they can give a lot of choices and variety in how to approach the situations you encounter.

I thought the cyphers were a bit underwhelming actually. Most of them don't do much that you can't do with the abilities your party has. Also the broken inventory management makes them borderline-unusable at the moment.

They are promising though. Fix the inventory and buff them up a bit and they could be loads of fun.

Yeah, I didn't play all that much, just an early impression.

and can be spotted by their false shadows.

Also by how they face the exact same angle. These mimics suck.

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
You can now enter your backer content, well at least for item descriptions. I will try to come up with something that will not be universally hated.

You will be assigned an item, but it is possible to reroll...(which i did for about 15 minutes). Some items have a graphic, not sure if these are placeholders.

Deadline Feb 15th.

Caconym

Augur
In the Ninth World, mimics take the form of barrels, not chests, and can be spotted by their false shadows. RTFM.
crSamXz.jpg
Task difficulty: Intimidating.
GM Intrusion: spawns +1d6 biomechanical simian golems.

This thread is really tame compared to PoE beta one. Is it lackof Sensuki or indication inXile does a good job? :M:
It's just that the combat is rather unplayable by now, so there's not much point bitching about it. Writing is uneven, but definitely not shit, quests are good, so the only thing we can bitch about are graphics, the art design and the length of the game. But give it time, when TToN will be released we will definitely find something to bitch about. :rpgcodex:

Prime Junta

I would like to take this opportunity to bitch about the cobblestones. Fix them for fuck's sake. The ground looks great in some areas like the zone in Cliff's Edge where you get to fight that rather lackluster Fist of Fury, you know you can do it.

Russia is over. The end.

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
It'll be a flawless gem once they fix the code and when they replace the UI for the cry babies of this thread. It's actually happening, a good game from kickstarter for the first time.

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Starwars

Arcane
Fuck it, I'm gonna keep playing this for a while despite me not wanting to go past the tutorial... Can't stay away.

Another small thing, I can't stand the sound each time you click on a dialogue option. I'd personally like something more subtle and short.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Speaking of dialogue options, can someone with official beta access submit a request to have the dialogue options clickable even if the cursor is not exactly on the text? In the IE games if the cursor was anywhere on the same line, the text would highlight and you could click it.

For example:
i9ISqL6.jpg

In this one it has to be right on the text and the text doesn't even highlight on mouse-over.

Oh, and there's another issue where text scrolls out of the window and you have to scroll up to read it. Needs a "click for more" button or something like that.

Last edited:

kwanzabot

Cipher
Shitposter
Speaking of dialogue options, can someone with official beta access submit a request to have the dialogue options clickable even if the cursor is not exactly on the text? In the IE games if the cursor was anywhere on the same line, the text would highlight and you could click it.

For example:
i9ISqL6.jpg

In this one it has to be right on the text and the text doesn't even highlight on mouse-over.

Oh, and there's another issue where text scrolls out of the window and you have to scroll up to read it. Needs a "click for more" button or something like that.

why doesnt it need to be highlighted for you to read it maybe put your glasses on ?

i have 20/10 vision so i don't have this problem ;)

people keep nitpicking over nothing i think in this game..

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It needs to be highlighted for feedback purposes, so you can be sure you clicked on the desired option.

Last edited:

Drudkh

Learned
It'll be a flawless gem once they fix the code and when they replace the UI for the cry babies of this thread. It's actually happening, a good game from kickstarter for the first time.

Yup, this game seems to have the most potential of any of them by far. I hope InXile feels good about it.

Speaking of the UI supposedly being a first draft, (i think it's fine) i dearly hope that the way combat is displayed is only a first draft, what a mess...

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Fuck it, I'm gonna keep playing this for a while despite me not wanting to go past the tutorial... Can't stay away.

Another small thing, I can't stand the sound each time you click on a dialogue option. I'd personally like something more subtle and short.
It's okay. Keep playing. For some reason, I haven't been beta'ed out by this game yet. Kind of like how I enjoyed AoD, it really doesn't feel bad to play it over again.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom