Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

FeelTheRads

Arcane
why doesnt it need to be highlighted for you to read it maybe put your glasses on ?

i have 20/10 vision so i don't have this problem ;)

people keep nitpicking over nothing i think in this game..

You never tire of posting braindead illiterate shit, do you?

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
You can now enter your backer content, well at least for item descriptions. I will try to come up with something that will not be universally hated.

Firedorn Lightbringer's drinking horn?

Eventually i rolled the Ecstasy Paralyzer.

A ranged weapon artifact actually from the Numenera handbook (no idea if that goes for all artifacts in the game though).

likaq

Arcane
How development timeline for torment looks like?
By that i mean: when production has began? shortly after kickstarter ended? before? it was only few people at the beggining, right? full team started working relatively recently, yes?

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
How development timeline for torment looks like?
By that i mean: when production has began? shortly after kickstarter ended? before? it was only few people at the beggining, right? full team started working relatively recently, yes?
It became a full team after Wasteland 2 release iirc it was september 2014, before that it was limited production and before KS it was pre-production. Something like that.

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
f48818b94d.png

c1d5e43bba.png

lol

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Ha ha ha... ha ha. Ha.

So cute when they're so proud of what they did that they can be sarcastic about criticism and just dismiss it. Must be nice still being in kindergarten.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

kwanzabot

Cipher
Shitposter
Ha ha ha... ha ha. Ha.

So cute when they're so proud of what they did that they can be sarcastic about criticism and just dismiss it. Must be nice still being in kindergarten.

If they were in kindergarten i don't think they would be game designers... usually kindergarten only lasts until 5 or 6 years old depending on your birthday(not sure how it works in your country)

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Why is he getting so :butthurt: over some Codex criticism? Has he never heared how it goes here?

Because it's fucking ridiculous? Maybe that could be why. You know, people tend to ridicule bullshit thrown at them, and the #cobblegate and player portraits(Though, I kind of agree with this, to an extent) are definitely some of it when viewed in the grand scheme of things. ;)

cfisher2833

Learned
Gotta say, I am enjoying the beta quite a bit so far. It's buggy as all fuck, but that's to be expected. They've done a really great job on touching upon the thematic elements of PST while not feeling like a carbon copy, and the environments of Sagus Cliffs are fucking gorgeous. Overall, I am pretty confident it'll end up being a great game; the only real issue I could see dragging it down is if the latter portions of the game--the parts that haven't been thoroughly tested by the community--are filled with game-breaking bugs like WL2 had on release.

Starwars

Arcane
I'm liking the beta as well but I'm not really feeling the areas. Hate to compare and all that but I think Sigil manages to convey much more a sense of being a city, just like Baldur's Gate and Athkatla managed it much better than Defiance Bay. And also, the 3d models look terrible.

Might just be me since I don't see a lot of complaints for it but yeah, not really digging the graphics as much as I thought I would.

Still early though of course, hope they can touch up on some things and get the feels in there.

What I'm liking the most so far is that they seem to have really gone to work on shit like reactivity, despite it being really heavy on story and text. That's awesome.

Alchemist

Arcane
Why was I summoned? Haven't even been following this thread or TToN development. Going to wait for release before even looking at it.

Because of your own pedigree, and something you said a while back about what happened to the pixel artists of the past.
Still not quite sure what you're getting at. But yes he appears to be one who made the transition from pixel artist (Xeen) to 3D methods.
I'm not him, if that's what you mean. I started working in games around 1996. I did work on some Might & Magic related titles though. :M

Drudkh

Learned
the environments of Sagus Cliffs are fucking gorgeous.

Seriously, and to those complaining about the character models being lackluster, imagine how much even lower the performance would be if they were detailed. The overall art direction isn't as cohesive as PST by far, but ToN is so colorful and radiant that it makes up for it to me.

Weasel
And if a man can't pay tribute to a couple of his old bros, then what's the point of owning a game dev studio?

0kdUnGC.jpg

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
So each team member got an early access key to give away. I figure there's probably someone here who can use it better than I can -- ideally someone who is willing to put in the time to actually rigorously test the thing and give feedback on the writing. I'm happy to give it to a KSer backer who is stuck without early access, or to someone who didn't back at all. Ordinarily I'd say first come, first served, but in this instance, I'd rather make sure it doesn't get resold or squandered.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So each team member got an early access key to give away. I figure there's probably someone here who can use it better than I can -- ideally someone who is willing to put in the time to actually rigorously test the thing and give feedback on the writing. I'm happy to give it to a KSer backer who is stuck without early access, or to someone who didn't back at all. Ordinarily I'd say first come, first served, but in this instance, I'd rather make sure it doesn't get resold or squandered.

Doesn't seem likely you'll find somebody interested in doing rigorous testing who wouldn't have gone and bought the beta himself.

But if you give it to me, I can make a Codex portrait gallery. :M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom