Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

ArchAngel

Arcane
Everyone knows the name and it's considered an "epic" despite most people (including myself) having not read it.
Something like that. I read Crime and Punishment from Dostojevski and after that I lost all will to read anything of similar style or size.

Trashos

Arcane
War&Peace is freaking huge, it is disheartening to see it and think "er... I will have to read all that?!". I have read some of it (maybe I will read the rest when I retire) and it has absolutely brilliant parts on the nature of change. A true masterpiece.

Anyway, that's why works with a lot of text are compared to War&Peace. Because it's huge.

Tolstoy is not like Dostoevsky, btw. Dostoevsky makes characters out of ideas (1 character = 1 idea studied), while Tolstoy's characters change (1 character = a million idiotic ways to change).

Everyone knows the name and it's considered an "epic" despite most people (including myself) having not read it.
Something like that. I read Crime and Punishment from Dostojevski and after that I lost all will to read anything of similar style or size.
Crime and Punishment is neither similar style nor size :P

ArchAngel

Arcane
Crime and Punishment is neither similar style nor size :P
Well I would not know since I didn't want to read those other books :D
I even skipped on reading Ana Karenina and just watched a movie :D

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
possibly_retarded.png

ArchAngel

Arcane
I think I read more classical books as part of my school education than 99% of americans so you can stick that in your ass.
'cept roxor is a pollack and you're possibly retarded.
So what? Where did I claim I am a well read person?
I was just commenting on how I agree that most people don't read War and Peace because they find it long and boring.
And everyone in this world is possible retarded until proven otherwise.

Reapa

Doom Preacher
I think I read more classical books as part of my school education than 99% of americans so you can stick that in your ass.
I was just commenting on how I agree that most people don't read War and Peace because they find it long and boring.
yeah, but got the tag :D

ArchAngel

Arcane
Only important if you consider Codex a relevant place for anything except trolling other users. And if anyone does, than that person deserves the real life tag and a place in a loony bin.

Reapa

Doom Preacher
Only important if you consider Codex a relevant place for anything except trolling other users. And if anyone does, than that person deserves the real life tag and a place in a loony bin.

you feel trolled yet?

Reapa

Doom Preacher
i think the image alone speaks volumes, also my response is obvious trolling and if you don't feel it, it's because you're possibly retarded.

ArchAngel

Arcane
i think the image alone speaks volumes, also my response is obvious trolling and if you don't feel it, it's because you're possibly retarded.
Sorry I am not feeling it. Maybe you are just possible retarded at this trolling business.

Arvan Eleron

Literate
Arvan Eleron stream today, but it looks like CMcC may have dropped out?

Yep--we made the decision to get new people, since Colin had already done the last one, so we wanted to get Shanna, Monte, and Pat on to focus more on worldbuilding and working within a video game medium. At least that's the theory. :)

--Arv

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom