Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Interview is mostly Numenera PnP-focused at first, but things get more interesting when Monte and Shanna leave and Pat Rothfuss starts geeking about PS:T. He's writing a female companion who is "very non-standard".

Arvan Eleron You guys got completely confused with the chronology of Black Isle, BioWare, etc there. :P Black Isle was never in Boston, you must have been thinking just of LGS.

EDIT: Haha, Rothfuss utterly despises Fallout 4. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
He's writing a female companion who is "very non-standard".

Oh boy, that sounds dangerous. Will she be a magical fairy queen who tries to seduce the player for a sex-athlon ending in death from exhaustion? Or a terrible pedestaled love interest always just a wee bit out of the hero's grasp?

(for those who didn't read the Kingkiller chronicle, Rothfuss has a bit of a reputation for writing rather questionable female characters)

To Green Angel Tower by Tad Williams is almost as long as War and Peace.

How did that come up again? (I quite liked those books)

Unwanted

Irenaeus III

Unwanted
Shitposter
I trust this MAN to write about women:

1908419_10153352353714572_4068130058731401803_n.jpg

His companion and MCA's boy will probably save the game.

Russia is over. The end.

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Oh boy, that sounds dangerous. Will she be a magical fairy queen who tries to seduce the player for a sex-athlon ending in death from exhaustion? Or a terrible pedestaled love interest always just a wee bit out of the hero's grasp?

(for those who didn't read the Kingkiller chronicle, Rothfuss has a bit of a reputation for writing rather questionable female characters)

If the chick in the short comic is his NPC, then she's more like Auri.

And there's nothing "questionable" about his girls, they're all cliched love interests from typical harem animes.

Arvan Eleron

Literate
Interview is mostly Numenera PnP-focused at first, but things get more interesting when Monte and Shanna leave and Pat Rothfuss starts geeking about PS:T. He's writing a female companion who is "very non-standard".

Arvan Eleron You guys got completely confused with the chronology of Black Isle, BioWare, etc there. :P Black Isle was never in Boston, you must have been thinking just of LGS.

EDIT: Haha, Rothfuss utterly despises Fallout 4. :thumbsup:

Yep, I'm an idiot. I meant LGS, not Black Isle. I'll blame it on my annoyance at god-forsaken Skype issues for multiple people causing the interview to start a half hour late, but that pathetic attempt at responsibility-shifting is no excuse for my brain fart. Sorry. :p

--Arv

sstacks

Arcane
Looks like Colin McComb and George Ziets from inXile will be on the radio show April 23rd to talk about Torment: Tides of Numenera.

In addition to being appreciative of Colin and George for offering up their time, Thomas Beeker from inXile deserves much thanks for coordinating things on his end. He was super cool during our many emails to get things scheduled :)

Arvan Eleron

Literate
Looks like Colin McComb and George Ziets from inXile will be on the radio show April 23rd to talk about Torment: Tides of Numenera.

In addition to being appreciative of Colin and George for offering up their time, Thomas Beeker from inXile deserves much thanks for coordinating things on his end. He was super cool during our many emails to get things scheduled :)

Nice!

sstacks

Arcane

Nice!

Says the man who just had Monte Cook and Pat Rothfuss :P

HatTrick

Scholar
I wonder if this game will make the same mistake the tabletop made and give all the fun Foci to Intellect-based characters and all the shit ones to Might. Nanos could get "SHOOTS FIRE" or "IS MAGNETO", and all Might would get was "HAS A BOW" or "CAN HOLD *TWO* SWORDS AT ONCE".

Prime Junta

Is anyone even playing the beta?

I played it all through twice, and part of the way through, like, a dozen times, exploring the different quest outcomes (and there are ToNs.)

Will crack it open again if/when there's an update that does things to the content or introduces new systems or something. Likely not going to bother with minor updates that just rebalance, optimise, or fix bugs.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Will crack it open again if/when there's an update that does things to the content or introduces new systems or something. Likely not going to bother with minor updates that just rebalance, optimise, or fix bugs.
I don't think Inxile is going that way tbh. I'd figure that there would *at least* be hotfixes and small patches if they were going that way. It's been over a month an a half since the last 'patch'. I have a feeling that the next 'release' that they are going to do is going to include at least some more content. Then again, this is my first rodeo with Inxile, I'm not sure how they handled things with Wasteland 2.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Is anyone even playing the beta?
I ran trough the beta once but I don't want to replay it. Don't want to get sick of the early parts of the game.
Yeah, I didn't even finish it once for the same reason.

I actually have no idea why I bought the beta tier:lol: Tha alpha was okay, I played it through couple of times.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom