Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Prime Junta

Qualifications don't mean shit when it comes to writing though. It's not like a degree in Creative Writing means you can, actually, creatively write.

Yes, you can creatively write to a degree.

Okay, well, technically almost anyone can.

Surprisingly few published authors are formally qualified in creative writing, however. If there is a correlation between the ability to write creatively and creative writing degrees, it's a pretty weak one, and it's questionable if it's causation.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Kem0sabe never misses a chance to bitch about inXile. However, I'm afraid he may never get a response from the person he replied to. :cool:

Not that it matters, but BN probably has more credentials to his name at this point than Chris Avellone had when he received effective ownership of an entire game in the late 90s.

Personally, I believe he and sea have been vital to making inXile's games better than they would have been otherwise.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
sstacks What is that hissing sound? >_>

Also, wow, most interesting information literally in the last two minutes

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
How come brother none and sea don't post here anymore.. or any of the other inxile guys?

I put it down to two reasons.

1. From what I hear BN and sea both went a bit SJW.
2. Probably don't want forum postings here associated with them.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
How come brother none and sea don't post here anymore.. or any of the other inxile guys?

You mean the overwhelming negative vibes, butthurt and bullshit shitposting about InXile and games?...

Yeah, codex spergers are generally a very friendly folk..

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
1. From what I hear BN and sea both went a bit SJW.

"A bit SJW": In other words, they behave like most normal people would.

J_C and Daedalos probably got it right.

No idea, I never saw anything that crazy from them. It would be sad if they'd both gone full crazy.

Edit: That said, BN's twitter is full of Rami Ismail retweets.

Gord

Arcane
I doubt it, but lately the term SJW has become a bit overused on the codex.
It seems to have moved from "crazy feminazi gender-issue POV" towards "anyone who's not neo-reactionary".

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Brother None has always been a Dutch sodomite. He still lurks here though.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
I doubt it, but lately the term SJW has become a bit overused on the codex.
It seems to have moved from "crazy feminazi gender-issue POV" towards "anyone who's not neo-reactionary".

I agree, but BN at least definitely seems to be running in the crazy circles.

sstacks

Arcane
sstacks What is that hissing sound? >_>

Also, wow, most interesting information literally in the last two minutes

Not sure about the hissing sound.... Colin and George were on via a Skype conference call so my best guess is "Skype artifact." Secondary theories include a brain damaged cat in one of their laps or else Fargo lurking in the background, angered by the arm wrestling question :P

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
UPDATE at last: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/torment-tides-of-numenera/posts/1561767

Updated Our Journal (55): Red Novella Now Available, Posters Back in Stock

tl;dr: Production update, Red Novella released, backer posters available

Hello Exiles,

Eric checking in. In our previous update, we told you about how we were targeting an April milestone for getting the game content complete. We're happy to say that we've hit that milestone – this means Torment is now playable start to finish, albeit in a somewhat rough state.

The feedback we've gained from the backer beta has been invaluable in allowing us to improve upon the game in a number of ways. In particular, we've been in the thick of a massive user interface overhaul on both the art and design fronts, cleaning up a lot of the temporary and placeholder stuff that was in when the beta launched. It is shaping up extremely well.

Furthermore, we've been reworking the game's introduction. This is one of the things we got the most comments about during the beta's early stages - how while the strangeness of the world, the visuals and the writing were all engrossing, the pacing and the way information was communicated about the game systems and story felt like they could use a bit of work. The changes we've made should address these points while also moving things along a bit more quickly.

A lot of these polish points are still in the works, and we're also chipping away at our bug lists, balance and systems tweaks both in and out of combat, and adding additional layers of improvements on for animation, visual effects and scene artwork. We're still working towards a more stable and complete build for you to enjoy, but when the next beta update comes, it will be one of the most extensive we've done.

From the Depths: Red
We have some good news on the rewards front today. Those of you who backed Torment at levels that included novellas will be happy to hear we are releasing a new installment in our "From the Depths" series - The Red Hand.

This novella comes courtesy of writer Nathan Long, who crafted several characters and quests for Torment: Tides of Numenera. You will also likely recognize Nathan as the lead writer behind Wasteland 2, not to mention that he has well over a dozen fantasy novels and several TV episodes and films to his name.

The Red Hand is a Ninth World story set in the subterranean city of Haref, which shows how art and passion can inspire great acts of heroism, but can also be twisted into tools of oppression. It follows an artist in love with a revolutionary leader as his art turns her outrage into a powerful symbol of revolt, and then escapes his control.

Applicable Torment backers who got the Red Novella with their rewards can download it right now from their Torment backer account. Just login to your Torment account, check the Rewards page and look for the "Downloads" button on your reward package that contains the novella. And remember that our novellas are still available in digital form as add-ons if you don't already have them.

Roguey It's time for Nathan Long's reckoning.

throwaway

Cipher
Will have to keep an eye on what those changes to the introduction actually mean although it doesn't sound like an update to the beta is going to be released before summer.

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Annnnnd finished The Red Hand.

Much better than the Wasteland 2 novella I hated, though it's pretty much
Tides of Numenera: Animal Farm.

It's a very anti-sjw story (which is pretty funny considering the setting and the people who made it), and even includes the cuck meme. :)

“I’m not defending him! I hate him! I’m defending her! She’s my girl, but that rutting margr has been trying to take her from me and now the silly bitch is going to get herself arrested for trying to help him!”
Avza’s eyes blazed. “What? Sahi! What are you saying?”
Parna was shocked too, but he smirked as he realized what Sahi was doing. “Oh yeah?” he called. “Well, I hate you too, you sad little cuckold.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom