Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Total War: Warhammer III

tabacila

Augur
FLC is Ulrika Magdova as a legendary hero for Empire and Kislev.
Available for both Empire and Kislev players who own the final entry in the trilogy, she is a vampire adept at both melee and ranged combat alongside using spells from the Lore of Shadows.
I wonder why Vampire Counts won't have access to this hybrid caster.

Looks like 3LLs and one legendary hero. They say this will be the standard going forward. Honestly makes sense for new races that don't have that much of a presence in existing books.
That and there is only so much space on the map.

Hopefully, Dogs of War are next.
Wasn't Ulrika like some Mary Sue 'good' vampire who would definitely not work for the VC?

The Darklands got pretty squished in both WH3 maps. Most non game maps I've seen show that area to be bigger West-East than the Empire. In game it's just a few provinces wide.
Also there's no need to hold to that 4 LLs per race pack and have to come up with shit like they did for Vampirates with their shit OC fat inclusive ghost Bertonian opera singer and a suddenly vampirized Aranesa.

Yes for the love of Sigmar gibe me Dogs of War. I wonder if they'll do Marco Colombo. Seeing this laborers shit I think it may be too problematic for CA.

Vatnik Wumao
Ips4neH.png

tabacila

Augur
h5ytvf28qdma1.jpg

The price is starting to irk me.
Mostly because CA have been mouthing off about how much more unique in feel and mechanics the campaigns for the 3 LLs are compared to other race packs. When CA says shit like this I immediately expect some microwaved old mechanics. I guess we'll see once real content is out, and the -10% on Steam is available up to one week after release.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
This popped up in my recommended tab -

It's obvious the CA Sofia guys are working on this because of the addition of multiple resource types and progression trees. I foresee the tech trees doing as well as they did in Shogun 2, i.e. everyone just pumps points in the military tree because that's what's important in Total War and the strategy side of it has always been an afterthought at best.

Elttharion

Learned
So far I really like what I see.

CA also confirmed the unit cards are placeholders. Thank God, they look pretty bad there. The skill tree showing what units will be affected by a specific skill is a nice touch too.

I was expecting to see a K'daai charging that rogue idol at the end, missed oportunity there.

It's obvious the CA Sofia guys are working on this because of the addition of multiple resource types and progression trees. I foresee the tech trees doing as well as they did in Shogun 2, i.e. everyone just pumps points in the military tree because that's what's important in Total War and the strategy side of it has always been an afterthought at best.
Modders will fix it like usual :shittydog:

Reinhardt

Arcane
btw is total war warhammer even any gud? if yes then what should i grab for max content in one package?

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
btw is total war warhammer even any gud? if yes then what should i grab for max content in one package?

Troy is BETTER.

With that being said: it's fun in the sense of you playing big scale fantasy battle. It's nu Total War with braindead AI both strategic and tactical and require cheating by them to even be competitive. That being said Very Hard/Legendary is in general challenging enough on the cheat that you need to actually play the game. The fun you have will be based on "How much fun do you see your favorite race (Ork and Elves) smash puny 'umies to a splat?

The game has massive mod communities around making amazing shits if you get bored by the base game.

To get the most content you buy all 3 base games (TW1, 2, 3) and go to Counter Strike Russia forum and get DLC unlcoker API.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
If you want Warhammer Fantasy Battles on the PC there is no better option.
If you don't care about Warhams play Attila or 3K or Troy.

thesecret1

Arcane
It's pretty good in that each faction actually plays different, and there's quite a bit of flavor all around (tho personally, I like to mod in even more). Gameplay-wise, the AI is a lobotomized retard like in all modern TWs, unfortunately, which is what holds the game back the most (harder difficulty just gives the AI cheat modifiers and resources). Balancing is also an issue but that, at least, can be fixed by mods fairly easily.

I foresee the tech trees doing as well as they did in Shogun 2, i.e. everyone just pumps points in the military tree because that's what's important in Total War and the strategy side of it has always been an afterthought at best.
Que?

Going for economic bonuses and spamming the much more efficient Ashigaru was the way to play. Yari Wall was almost brokenly overpowered if attacked from the front (which you can always count on the AI to do) and generals + light cav/yari cav was strong enough to work as the hammer to your hammer and anvil. Also Yari cav hard countered much, much stronger cav due to being spears vs. swords.

Off the top of my head the only important military line techs to get fairly quickly was the tech for fire arrows (because it was literally a cheat button for sieges and naval combat, causing almost instant explosions) and the encampment (which provided unit buffs ontop of the buffs you got from the blacksmith/bowmaker to make even Ashigaru into strong units).

There's also the fact that the way realm divide worked meant you were incentivized to wait a bit before triggering it to power up your economy with how the food bonus worked to stack more and more wealth into your settlements every turn. That meant getting those food techs.

EDIT: Also, opening the game for the first time in 2 years, I remember that Generals had a trait for increasing military tech research speed. So in the mid to late game when you had a bunch of leveled up generals you could have much higher military tech rate and really speed through the tree to whatever you want. The Civilian techs didn't really have this bonus, only agents and very late tier buildings gave it and those were far harder to attain.

Caim

Arcane
Wait until the final patch and the subsequent fan patches to fix stuff. This should be about one week before the release of the next Total War game.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
I foresee the tech trees doing as well as they did in Shogun 2, i.e. everyone just pumps points in the military tree because that's what's important in Total War and the strategy side of it has always been an afterthought at best.
Que?

Going for economic bonuses and spamming the much more efficient Ashigaru was the way to play. Yari Wall was almost brokenly overpowered if attacked from the front (which you can always count on the AI to do) and generals + light cav/yari cav was strong enough to work as the hammer to your hammer and anvil. Also Yari cav hard countered much, much stronger cav due to being spears vs. swords.

Off the top of my head the only important military line techs to get fairly quickly was the tech for fire arrows (because it was literally a cheat button for sieges and naval combat, causing almost instant explosions) and the encampment (which provided unit buffs ontop of the buffs you got from the blacksmith/bowmaker to make even Ashigaru into strong units).

There's also the fact that the way realm divide worked meant you were incentivized to wait a bit before triggering it to power up your economy with how the food bonus worked to stack more and more wealth into your settlements every turn. That meant getting those food techs.

EDIT: Also, opening the game for the first time in 2 years, I remember that Generals had a trait for increasing military tech research speed. So in the mid to late game when you had a bunch of leveled up generals you could have much higher military tech rate and really speed through the tree to whatever you want. The Civilian techs didn't really have this bonus, only agents and very late tier buildings gave it and those were far harder to attain.
Yeah, getting your economy up and running was really important in Shogun 2. Can't have an army if you can't afford it, and it's not like Warhammer where units just don't die. You can take casualties really quickly.

Humbaba

Arcane
Ahhhh finally the best dorfs. Not that I'm gonna play the game anytime within the next decade but Chorfs are my favourite WFB race and it's a shame they were discontinued long ago.

I fully expect them to be pretty good in game. In lore, Chorfs are probably THE most technologically advanced race in the world, way ahead of regular dorfs and humies. This of course is balanced out by Chorfs being very few in number (both compared to their hordes of slaves and to most other races) and isolationist. I suppose their units will be 90% fodder protecting 10% of valuable and expensive units. Think UAE but more evil.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I fully expect them to be pretty good in game. In lore, Chorfs are probably THE most technologically advanced race in the world, way ahead of regular dorfs and humies.

I'm not up to date on the lore (lol Endtimes nonsense people probably want to forget anyways) but the ratmen are catching up tech-wise.

Vastly different priorities though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom