Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Total War: Warhammer III

That looks pretty OP. tons of buffs/debuffs, easily snipe anything without risk on horseback, mobility boosting hero, one of the best lores of magic. Only thing lacking is AP damage on the melee weapon and her defense is a bit low to stay in melee for long. Actually, I can't recall a single hero/lord with horse speed, shooting, and spells, is this the first? Just that would make her one of the best, nuke hordes and snipe lords.

Caim

Arcane
Minor nitpick, but did the developers ever comment on why the symbol of the Lore of Fire is mirrored in-game?

zapotec

Liturgist
Why the buff on savage orcs? They are already stomp everything with wurzagg and no current greenskin pratically can use them because of their starting position

Tyrr

Liturgist
If some balancing doesn't make sense it's usually because MP.

Yeah, probably MP. Especially I don't think they care about balancing specific legendary lords in SP. Making certain units overpowered is a feature, not a bug.

We’ve also made a notable buff to Shades which should help to diversify the weapon variants a little bit more and reduce their recruitment time in campaign.
:lol:

The best unit in the game just got better and faster to recruit.

Caim

Arcane
Those Blunderbusses sure are something. :lol:
They sure have shit range. The damage's pretty good but you get only a few volleys in, one tops if dealing with a fast enemy and it's melee.

The tanks deal some nice damage and have good knockback on their shots, but I'm not feeling them just yet. Also tried the train but I'm sad that you can't use the big fuck-off cannon on the back.

Elttharion

Learned
Those Blunderbusses sure are something. :lol:
JFC their damage is insane.

I just fought a battle against Ogres were even after killing both spellcasters they kept casting Flock of Doom with zero cooldown untill the army losses kicked in. Pretty annoying consideting I was in a tight formation and there were a lot of ogres. Has anyone encountered something like this? I am pretty sure its something new.

2 starting blunderbusses took down Kholek in about 5s. HP bars be evaporating.

Gotta say the economy is actually pretty complex. There's a ton of things you can do, but they all cost you in some way. When you get them all maxed out I see the faction being superpowered as hell but that'll take time.

GloomFrost

Arcane
Started as Astrogorth and so far so good. That dark steam punk aesthetics, factories, slaves, scheming, industrial noises and guttural language are all bad ass. Also that quest battle to defend supply train from orc hordes, WOW neat. Need more quest battles like that.

Crispy

I feel... young!
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Man, that's a big patch.

I'm still just in the tutorial, but it looks like I and other Game Pass stragglers picked a good time to try out this game.

Some thoughts:

- The way the army cap works is great. You basically have to use like 1/4 to 3/4ths of low quality bullet sponge Orcs/Goblins, which feels appropriate. Unit caps are also separate for each unit and you're incentivized to use as many as possible since they all increase in price separately. You'll probably not want to use more than 4 of a single advanced unit per army.
- Blunderbusses are stupidly good if you can get them to shoot for more than a few seconds unobstructed. They are basically irondrakes except effective even against armored/single units. Fireglaives are surprisingly only OKish
- Artillery is all amazing.
- Melee Infantry is your usual dwarf tankiness.
- Monstrous cav is surprisingly good. Generic monsters seem pretty meh.
- Hatshut lore seems to be pretty ass except the bombardment, which is quite good.
- As with other races that have this kind of slaving-esque mechanic, you need to fight field battles to really get a lot of slaves. Ideally ambush battles where you 100% wipe the enemy (I think this gets extra). Otherwise you get far less from sieges. This is important since your """laborers""" are very important to sacrifice early for conclave influence. Recommend doing the trick where you have one army on ambush and a lone lord behind it as bait. It's good for leveling multiple lords anyway and you're gonna need them.
- You have possibly the worst diplomatic situation in the game. The best interactions that you can have with another race is with Chaos, which is at best indifferent with you. Still getting declared on constantly by them. Everyone else hates you. Doesn't matter whether its dwarfs or greenskins that get out of control, you're getting attacked by all of them almost as soon as you meet them because they all super hate you. Cathay and the Empire also hate you. Even the vampire counts hate you. Literally no possible friends to cover your back other than other chorfs and you're right in the middle of the map.
- All the resources interact really well. Was surprised to see you can create major settlements right at level 5 like skaven, if you have influence. Think the smart play may be to just stockpile influence and not use Tower of Zharr much. If you can get Towers of Hatshut up you kind of snowball your influence. There's also no growth limits at all so you can really funnel resources into your core provinces and build them up quick.
- The manufactory buffs seem overpriced since they'll cost you per unit upkeep of armaments. You're definitely not going to want to apply an upgrade to your infantry I think. I am going to try having 2 really buffed Bull Centaurs per army next game though. Regen + Murderous Charge + Devastating Flanker sounds cool.
- Caravans are kind of limited by the fact that virtually everyone hates you and they'll be attacked constantly.
- Getting movement bonuses in your own land and penalizing enemy movement is really nice for stopping the need to ping pong enemy stacks around your land until you can catch them. The defensive army ability is also pretty insane, makes dark elf ark bombardmen look wimpy.

Also some cunt stole my seat in the tower :argh:
Yeah, this is pretty bullshit. But good news is that if you confederate them you also get all of their spots in the tower.

Last edited:

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Man, that's a big patch.

I'm still just in the tutorial, but it looks like I and other Game Pass stragglers picked a good time to try out this game.

if you like it enuff do buy the base game in steam when cheap. Unlock DLCs using API

Steam Workshop is like half the game

tabacila

Augur
Cant build walls in the chorfs outposts.

The removal of walls in smaller settlements was completely retarded. Settlement battles are cancer and I generally avoided them. But walls at least gave your smaller settlements some more breathing time before getting assraped by every rando smallish hostile army.
I've been using this mod for a while now: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2876864283. It basically adds walls back when you build a tier 3 defense building, but some races are a little different. It's updated for Chorfs, but I see they chose to only add walls to factories, and not mines.

I've got to say the patch is huge, but the changes are hardly worth a major version increase (2.x.x -> 3.0.0). It's mostly balancing and bugfixing imo, a shitload of it, but still. Empire campaign is still a chore, dwarfs still feel completely forgotten, and DE still have a shitty slave mechanic. No other races have received any major overhauls or updates, like in other big patches.

Chorf feel pretty fun so far so kudos for that.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
20230413234923_1.jpg

pickmeister

Learned
Cant build walls in the chorfs outposts.

The removal of walls in smaller settlements was completely retarded. Settlement battles are cancer and I generally avoided them. But walls at least gave your smaller settlements some more breathing time before getting assraped by every rando smallish hostile army.
I've been using this mod for a while now: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2876864283. It basically adds walls back when you build a tier 3 defense building, but some races are a little different. It's updated for Chorfs, but I see they chose to only add walls to factories, and not mines.

I've got to say the patch is huge, but the changes are hardly worth a major version increase (2.x.x -> 3.0.0). It's mostly balancing and bugfixing imo, a shitload of it, but still. Empire campaign is still a chore, dwarfs still feel completely forgotten, and DE still have a shitty slave mechanic. No other races have received any major overhauls or updates, like in other big patches.

Chorf feel pretty fun so far so kudos for that.
That's a great mod. I also used to use Zorbaz's Greater Garrisons before (the author sperged out and cut his nuts off or whatever) for beefing up garrisons and make the AI less aggressive.

Now I use this one instead https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2855745457

Last edited:

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
Those CD settlements really are hell. Bridges and corners everywhere.

e: If you get an alliance with Zharr-Naggrund, you can build Outposts with access to pretty much all units in the roster very very early.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom