Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Total War: Warhammer III

zapotec

Liturgist
Larping stops when you see noctilus with 15 necrofex colossus

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
FvsGaX6WYAg9kWl

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
is good but Chaos Dwarves end game update for IE got me sweating me a bit. Are they talking about another end game crisis, like 4 heavy, fully equipped Chaos dwarven army ?

:shredder:

zapotec

Liturgist
For me the difficulty of fighting Chaos Dwarfs is their stupid region ability megacheese cannon and the other stupid flame of melted cheese spell

copebot

Learned
Hit long campaign victory with Wurzag at turn 54 with 43 settlements. Part of it is that his objectives are really easy, but also a big chunk of it was just sending out stacks for the express purpose of running around sacking everything without concern to actually take territory through the power of their raid/encamp stance. As the AI gets stronger, it actually makes your economy better because as long as your stack is fighting and stacking, it is making lots of money. When the AI has T4/T5 major settlements and T3 minor settlements everywhere, a stack that costs a paltry 3-5k/turn will earn a lot more from post-battle and sack loot.

The impulse to start this campaign came from this video in which Zerkovich compares a Wurzag start on VH to legendary: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUtVP177wJ0

The thing is that if you do not have a good start on legendary, you are screwed. The key thing that I did in my start that he did not do was to get the NAP with Barak Varr by selling them their settlements back when I was fighting the initial enemy. They liked me so much and were so nervous about breaking the NAP that the main dwarf faction was actually dead for a few turns before they got around to breaking the NAP and declaring war.

Skrag was never a problem because he kept running around in stupid directions. The other thing I did was to sell settlements to Sartosa whenever I took them from the Border Princes or the non-mountain provinces from Clan Angrund. They were never that useful but they did distract my various enemies long enough for me to pick them apart. The other key was just getting the Waaagh going by turn 10-11. When it ran out, I got it going again on the same turn because I had so many stacks positioned nearby big potential fights. w

The other thing is that it really helps to be willing to sack up and take fights that the AR says that you will lose, but to win them. The AR is not friendly to savage orcs so using AR will slow you down a lot.

Elttharion

Learned
For 3.1:
d4o4e6vdatya1.jpg

Maybe a Khorne LH due to the skulls for the skulls throne event? I really hope it isnt Skulltaker, I want him as a LL.

My guesses for the DLCs:

4.0:
  • LLs: Changeling, Monkey King and Mother Ostankya.
  • LH: No idea, maybe a new Cathay character?
  • FLC: Aekold Helbrass
5.0:
  • LLs: Tamurkhan, Elspeth Von Draken and Grimm Burloksson
  • LH: Theodore Bruckner
  • FLC: Malakai
6.0:
Slaanesh, Dark Elves and High Elves

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
For 5.0 considering famous mods explicitly not do Boris, I would assume it would be Boris DLC instead

zapotec

Liturgist
I think AR doesn't count for physical resistance, i mean my savage orcs had like 80% missile resistance7
For 3.1:
d4o4e6vdatya1.jpg

Maybe a Khorne LH due to the skulls for the skulls throne event? I really hope it isnt Skulltaker, I want him as a LL.

My guesses for the DLCs:

4.0:
5.0:
6.0:

In 5.0 there is the Nemesis Crown, and that was fought in Middenland so i bet Boris along with Ulrican units (WolfKin, hounds, teutogen guard, white wolf templars)

zapotec

Liturgist
Ah no, I am wrong the Nemesis crown campaign was fought between the Middle Mountain and Wissenland, so yes we would get the Mary Sue Amethyst wizard

Elttharion

Learned
For 5.0 considering famous mods explicitly not do Boris, I would assume it would be Boris DLC instead

I think AR doesn't count for physical resistance, i mean my savage orcs had like 80% missile resistance7
For 3.1:
d4o4e6vdatya1.jpg

My guesses for the DLCs:

4.0:
5.0:
6.0:

In 5.0 there is the Nemesis Crown, and that was fought in Middenland so i bet Boris along with Ulrican units (WolfKin, hounds, teutogen guard, white wolf templars)
I cant see it being Boris tbh. He is already in the game somewhat and has a unique model, itens and voice lines. It would be a shitshow if he was recycled into a full blown DLC LL. Sure he is incomplete but people technically paid for him already during the first game. Remember you had to have the Beastmen DLC to unlock him for multiplayer and custom battles in Warhammer 1. I think he will come as a FLC LL or with a bigger Lord pack for the Empire to soften the blow. Then again this is CA so who knows, they did say he will have his time in the sun someday.

Also Elspeth and Tamurkhan is such a low hanging fruit for a rivalry I cant see them skipping it, it would be very easy to hype and market and the fanbase at large would riot if she wasnt paired against the Maggot Lord.

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
My turn 70 save goes kapput due to mod updating. As I have like 60 mods or smth it's probably impossible to troubleshoot.

Man I love modded gameplay of TWW but this has been happening multiple time it's annoying.

I don't think this is CA, I think blame for this is on Steam. I looked everywhere and can't seem to find a way of blocking updates? Piece of shit software.

Crispy

I feel... young!
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
3.01 is supposed to be out today, I wonder how well it deals with the horrible stuttering on the campaign map.

Caim

Arcane
3.01 is supposed to be out today, I wonder how well it deals with the horrible stuttering on the campaign map.
Downloading a 3.9 GB patch right now, it claims to fix FPS drops on the campaign map with a 3D UI enabled amongus other things.

tabacila

Augur

For 3.1:
d4o4e6vdatya1.jpg

My guesses for the DLCs:

4.0:
5.0:
6.0:

I cant see it being Boris tbh. He is already in the game somewhat and has a unique model, itens and voice lines. It would be a shitshow if he was recycled into a full blown DLC LL. Sure he is incomplete but people technically paid for him already during the first game. Remember you had to have the Beastmen DLC to unlock him for multiplayer and custom battles in Warhammer 1. I think he will come as a FLC LL or with a bigger Lord pack for the Empire to soften the blow. Then again this is CA so who knows, they did say he will have his time in the sun someday.

Also Elspeth and Tamurkhan is such a low hanging fruit for a rivalry I cant see them skipping it, it would be very easy to hype and market and the fanbase at large would riot if she wasnt paired against the Maggot Lord.
Besides being a low hanging fruit, having Elspeth would also make it thematic to add the Empire's last big missing part of their character roster: Wizard lords (and maybe the imperial engineer because Nuln?).
Also in IE Middenland pretty much already has a Nurgle character focused on them since Festus usually gets done with Hochland in 3 turns and then goes after Boris. Unless he gets moved it would mean an early game slog against Festus with a mid game fight with another Nurgle faction laser focused on Boris.

Until they showed their roadmap I was 100% sure Boris would be a FLC somewhere down the line, but they seem to have completely embraced the 3LLs + LH and FLC LH formula. There are no mentions of FLC LL in their 12 months plan so maybe they're not doing that anymore.
Boris could work in a DLC if they do a religion/cults update for the Empire. They could add a worship mechanic similar to Troy (they do seem to take some ideas from there) and give you cult specific units. Boris would work great here since Ulric has a big following in Middenland.

But what I really want to see for the Empire is different elector counts mechanic, because what we have now only makes sense for KF, and I really want more Empire LL in the fucking Empire proper, not exiled in the Southlands or Lustria because CA can't code for shit. I love the Empire but their campaign is dogshit because of the crap AI Empire factions that make spearman/archer stacks and die in 2 turns to Vlad.
They could pretty much keep what they have now, but change it up for characters that are not the Emperor. Those factions could get missions from Karl Franz and decide if you want to play nice and get a chance to confederate with the Emperor down the line, or do your own thing and declare yourself independent, or even make a play for the title yourself.

Crispy

I feel... young!
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Seems to have sorted it for me.
Odd, it didn't do shit for me. However, the campaign map camera movement has never been all that bad for me, just a minor irritation (I did call it horrible, above, though).

It does look like they did fix the delayed notifications bug.

kris

Arcane
I been having these CTDs in the character screens, so much that I kept on saving all the time to not lose progress since the crashes seem to be quite random. Also had two CTD in battles, something which never happened before last DLC as far as I remember.

Zhatan is probably the easiest CD lord, with a secure west front you can just conquer into Cathay.

copebot

Learned
I started a new Tzeentch campaign in RoC on legendary to see how it was different. I'm getting my ass beat on two provinces in the mid turn 30s. No matter how many times I beat up Cathay stacks, they still have more. Even when I scout, they somehow bring multiple stacks to bear on my garbage in all the time. I did blow up Nan Gau and two of the three Bastions, but where I left it last night my two stacks were caught in one of the bastions by three stacks. If I can win the fight by getting them to blob up enough to use magic, I might get an opening in the campaign, but it's very touch and go. The other challenge was that Miao confederated the Imperial Wardens minor faction very early, which spiked her power quite a lot.

My first mistake was building my initial army around horror spam instead of marauder spam. I hate this unit and it sucks. It's probably the worst tier 1 unit in the game and I would vastly prefer goblins. My second major mistake was probably that I did not commit to a direction. I started off by doubling back to clear out the adjacent province in the chaos wastes while gradually using Changing of the Ways to finish out the Volary like the quest indicates you should. I sold off the mountain settlements to the minor orc faction to secure that flank. I made a defensive alliance with Azazal rather than killing him (also probably a mistake). I made peace with the minor Tzeentch faction and sold my border gore to him with the intention of pushing into Cathay.

I think if I were to do it again, I would either commit to taking many more wastes provinces, ignoring Cathay, and pushing on Nurgle, or doing what I did in my legendary difficulty Azazal campaign and fully committing to rushing Cathay. The former is probably more likely to succeed because it doesn't really seem like the Cathay AI pushes into the wastes. Tzeentch's economy is kind of weird in that a province with strong WoM is worth 110% more than one without it. So, you kind of have to expand wide to be able to funnel magic to your core provinces. You can "steal" more magic by dipping into one province and selling or abandoning the settlement but it's still subject to the random fluctuations.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
AI shits stacks like nothing in very hard and legendary difficulties. Especially if it is a rich faction (like Cathay) or a faction that can mass crap stacks (Skaven, Counts)

Edit: I don't think you can really ignore Cathay as Tzeentch. As soon as Mia Ying got hold that gate, she'll pour armies on you.

Edit 2: Screamers are my go to unit while attacking to Cathay, only reliable AP damage for Tzeentch at the start.

Last edited:

KateMicucci

Arcane
6 settlements on turn 80
lol? how?
This will really trigger you:

I'm currently on turn no. 125 and I have a grand total of 11 settlements. I'm only now finally going after my first daemon's soul and I still am having to fend off repeated chaos dwarf incursions from multiple angles.

HA HA! #FUCKYOUZOOMERS #ESTABLISHEDAUTISM #OLDSCHOOLSNAILSPACE
I don't think I've ever had a campaign last 125 turns before I got bored and restarted.

copebot

Learned
I started a new Tzeentch campaign in RoC on legendary

Cause I just did three IE campaigns in a row this patch and I wanted to see how the ROC campaign has changed. I'm not going into the realms because I can probably get the domination victory faster.

I restarted and decided to rush Cathay instead, which is what I did on my Azazal campaign before. I wiped out Miao by turn 7 and Zhao Ming by turn 24. Accomplishing the turn 7 rush would have been impossible but for poor AI pathing. One of the early fights against the WoC minor faction was probably the toughest just because it was a field battle, but the AI inexplicably blobbed up on a single marauder instead of attacking the whole line. In this game, Azazal did declare war on me, but mostly just to be interminably annoying. I have a way better grasp of how Tzeentch's economy works this time through and am better at abusing Changing of the Ways. I still only have one full province in the mid-30s, but I have four full stacks and those are what produce the money.

I think the main thing is just that it takes a long time to build up a Tzeentch settlement. They need (1) two economic buildings per settlement; (2) have to be permanently at "strong" WoM which is unlikely until it is heavily corrupted; and (3) all the buildings have to be at least tier 2. This means that a full province is a long-term investment. They pump out a lot of cash when fully upgraded, but getting to that point takes a while. This means that you have to be totally confident that you can keep a province secure before spending money on it. Just sending armies going in a direction and sacking / exterminating the Main Character factions is more worthwhile than crawling trying to build up three provinces at once.

I'm warming up to horrors a little. They're just really shitty against Cathay because they have so many jade warriors/archers, but against any faction that is mostly light armor they are pretty good. I think the thing is that you can't really spam them because they take up such a large surface area. A few of them in a formation to flank are pretty solid. You just can't spam a million of them or the formation is too large and they can't really do anything in city alleys because of it when you have too many of them.

Crispy

I feel... young!
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
So I just Confederated with the Orthodoxy after maxing out my supporters which resulted in my lords, armies, and income doubling, along with my responsibilities. It's striking how much is thrown at you in this game with little to no warning; how I lament the extinction of computer game manuals!

I'm also on probably turn #17 or 18 after getting the warning that another faction has acquired all four daemons' souls which gave me the ability to teleport Katarina's army to some tiny island where I guess she's supposed to wait until the leading faction finally shows up to try to claim the bear's soul and I... intercept them? What a bizarre game mechanic this is. I hope it's not bugged out.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
The biggest problem with confederations is going over the shitty AI provinces and fixing them, as well as finding all their random 1/3 stacks and lone agents and deleting them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom