Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Total War: Warhammer III

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
bua018m8nhi81.png
Denuvo update? It looks like something CPU related.

Humbaba

Arcane
Looking forward to playing this in 10 years when they bundle all 3 titles for 10 dollarydoos, all the bugs are fixed by fan patches and I don't need a monster rig to play the damn thing.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
It depends on your definition of a monster rig. I don't think mine is one, yet it runs fine considering they fucked up the optimization. It doesn't run worse than what other people are reporting.

Self-Ejected

underground nymph

I care not!
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Beginning was so nice: diverse, down-to-earth armies, pleasure to deal with. But welcome to the Twarhammer’s mid game: 15 gorebull chariots ffs.

Humbaba

Arcane
It depends on your definition of a monster rig. I don't think mine is one, yet it runs fine considering they fucked up the optimization. It doesn't run worse than what other people are reporting.
I was exaggerating of course, I'm sure on the average desktop with the right settings it runs fine but I'm not too optimistic about my laptop on that front.

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire

This two videos are correct but then again Warhammer is better than some of the earlier examples like empire and rome 2, for one it actually has a physics engine that interacts organically with mass and speed.

A big problem comes from the fact that Warhammer 1 was a desperate game stretched for budget. Still there is no excuse for ranged units in particular, I get that they were constrained for budget in first game but since then they could have fixed some of the issues that are in the first game and carried over to second. Especially reloading animations and behavior of ranks for firearms. There is really no excuse at this point.

Another similar problem is soundtracks, all factions in Warhammer 2 have their own soundtracks, from campaign to battle to everything in-between and they are unique to that faction alone. However Warhammer 1 factions don't, they share a lot of soundtracks and some lack unique battle tracks completely. If all the games were separate then this would make some sense for them to not revisit, but the second and third games are essentially expansion packs, so carrying over budget issues from first game to second and third game then refusing to fix it is atrocious practice.

These sort of little investments have so big impact on how the game feels and plays overall. How much can it cost really to get a dev or two to add new animations to units and code AI behavior for ranks?

Lacrymas

Arcane
Replenishment seems bugged or I don't get how it works -
What is 3% here? 3% of what? There isn't a single number here of which 3% would be close to 60-70 like the first peasant spearmen would suggest.

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
3% of total army, spread evenly between casualties.

It seems though army upkeep from supply lines modifier is bugged, and doesn't decrease when a lord is disbanded or wounded, only when a lord dies. So if you have lords getting wounded and recruit them again, the supply lines modifier keeps stacking.

Lacrymas

Arcane

It seems though army upkeep from supply lines modifier is bugged, and doesn't decrease when a lord is disbanded or wounded, only when a lord dies. So if you have lords getting wounded and recruit them again, the supply lines modifier keeps stacking.
Which army? My army is 989 people, 3% of that is 30, not 60+. Those peasant spearmen jumped from 90 to 151. Is it 3% of total HP including the lord?

Üstad

Arcane
How many disk space does it take all 3 warhammer games combined with DLCs included? Steam says 120 GB I find it hard to believe.

Rieser

Scholar

Which army? My army is 989 people, 3% of that is 30, not 60+. Those peasant spearmen jumped from 90 to 151. Is it 3% of total HP including the lord?

Not sure about the math, but it's not the amount of people it calculates it by. Probably the total amount of army health or something like that, meaning units like peasants that have little health per model easily gets many models back into a unit.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
All in all, a typical CA release.
Bugs, oh lord the bugs!

My favourite has to be Ogres being able to just smash walls down... only to not be able AT ALL to walk through the holes they created.
They just stand there, going through the GIGANTIC hole in the wall at the speed of one model at a time :lol:
Turning a race that should be incredible in sieges to one that struggles.

I'm having fun, though, mostly thanks to my Ubertoaster not caring about the absurd performance impact of Denuvo.
:dealwithit:

Can see this being fairly great once the worst bugs are dealt with.
Imagine if they stuck to the original release date.

How many disk space does it take all 3 warhammer games combined with DLCs included? Steam says 120 GB I find it hard to believe.
120GB is correct.
Download is "only" 67GB, though.

Last edited:

Rieser

Scholar
Speaking of performance I've noticed that my GPU heats up by about 10 degrees in the Norscan lands, around Longship Graveyard. Hasn't happened anywhere else yet, including other snowy mountain ranges. Bit odd.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
xZZ1JBR.png

I was gonna make a sarcastic post about how VH melee buffs are still ridiculous to the point where your demon prince can't duel the no-name lord you'll fight on turn 1. Then I looked at the stats and saw that, no, the lord just has better stats than your shitty demon prince, with 10 more MA, 5 more MD, and armor (your damage is not AP). I guess the campaign really revolves around growing him from nothing.

There seems to be something off with the basic demon lord, had the same problem with the empire guy on H/H. The demon is generally much squishier than you'd expect. Give him some decent armor mutations.

There also seems to b a problem with large entities failing to even hit single units.

KateMicucci

Arcane
A big problem comes from the fact that Warhammer 1 was a desperate game stretched for budget. Still there is no excuse for ranged units in particular, I get that they were constrained for budget in first game but since then they could have fixed some of the issues that are in the first game and carried over to second. Especially reloading animations and behavior of ranks for firearms. There is really no excuse at this point.
All guns have become less and less realistic since Medieval 2. I think this is because CA have become more multiplayer focused. Fire-by-rank looks cool but it was buggy and jank and I can imagine players raging if they lose multiplayer games because the firing animation got stuck.

Even with fire-by-rank removed and reload times shortened, guns are still a pain in the ass to use compared to other ranged because of line-of-sight issues. Exacerbated by all the high hills, rolling and dead ground in newer maps compared to Medieval. Also exacerbated by weapon ranges being too long to make up for super-high running speeds.

In real-life battles, ranged-heavy armies used obstacles, natural or manmade, to give them more time to prevent melee enemies from closing. No such thing exists in Warhammer, not even city walls which take only seconds to climb. The only obstacle you can use is a wall of units and then you need arcing fire to shoot over their heads.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Warhammer I steampunk edition is 35,760,381,518 bytes.
Warhammer II paradox edition is 60,347,249,785 bytes.

It's completely plausible a Warhammer III Denuvo always online please fuck me into arse more edition is 120 GB.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Considering the battlemaps are like twice as huge as in WH2, I'm not surprised it's 120 GB. If they apply the same treatment to the entirety of the game, I predict it's going to get even bigger. I recently (like 4 months ago maybe) bought a 1TB SSD and I have a 500GB one, so I'm not strapped for space atm and it's whatever for me, but they could've compressed some things no doubt.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom