Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Total War: Warhammer III

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
The battlemaps in Tzeentch's domain in the prologue kinda remind me of the first time I was on LSD. Purple everywhere without an apparent source. Pretty trippy.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
Something positive: It's nice that you can see how much a unit would normally cost. There are some good QoL changes in this.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
I'm not doubting it is, I'm just expressing shock at how they are treating our SSD/HDD space.

Yes, it is atrocious that the game would download language packs you won't use, these should only be downloaded when you select the language from options. 20gb is no small space, even for 250/500gb SSDs.

My GPU shat itself during the prologue and now when I start the game it keeps doing it just from being in the main menu...

Manually cap your FPS, otherwise the FPS is all over the place especially on the campaign map. Can overheat your GPU and run it at 100% on campaign map.
That seems to be an issue with quite a few games these days.
Sometimes Vsync just refuses to work so you have to use AMD Chill to force a cap on the frame rate.

Sunri

Liturgist
I'm positively surprised the game is running better than WH II both on map and during battles also turn times are almost instant less than a minute I guess that's thank to small map and fewer factions the biggest problem is when I click on my second monitor game crashes.

xZZ1JBR.png

I was gonna make a sarcastic post about how VH melee buffs are still ridiculous to the point where your demon prince can't duel the no-name lord you'll fight on turn 1. Then I looked at the stats and saw that, no, the lord just has better stats than your shitty demon prince, with 10 more MA, 5 more MD, and armor (your damage is not AP). I guess the campaign really revolves around growing him from nothing.

Last edited:

Lacrymas

Arcane
I just finished the prologue and I liked how story-driven it was and how it opened up at one point. It was indeed Warcraft 3 all over again but that's not a bad thing. After Age of Mythology, Troy, and the final battle in the prologue, I'm starting to realize I like my fantasy battles consisting mostly of humans with a smattering of fantasy creatures here and there. No wonder most WH factions seem overdone to me.

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
Daemons of chaos is REALLY difficult. I am not even playing on legendary but at VH campaign with normal battles and I found it impossible to even enter the portals because of presence of anywhere from 3 to 8 ambient armies within my territory or walking distance of a settlement just at the starting province. I have no idea why they marked this recommended first campaign. Sure the LL is really powerful but this is one of the worst starting positions in warhammer, your settlements in the starting province are too far apart you start at war with way too many factions and the factions have easy access to your settlements via sea and three choke points that are far apart from each other. I definitely do not recommend this campaign as first one, despite the fact it is the natural one to follow from prologue.

Slaneesh on the other hand has very fun campaign mechanics and not too difficult start position and campaign. Hampered somewhat by an unusual roster that relies on enemies you fight for meatshield. Khorne seems easiest by far because of its start position and straightforward strong units early on.

I just finished the prologue and I liked how story-driven it was and how it opened up at one point. It was indeed Warcraft 3 all over again but that's not a bad thing. After Age of Mythology, Troy, and the final battle in the prologue, I'm starting to realize I like my fantasy battles consisting mostly of humans with a smattering of fantasy creatures here and there. No wonder most WH factions seem overdone to me.

I really hope they'll take popularity of prologue to heart and release some other mini-campaigns, maybe with lord packs or hell even stand-alone.

WH factions are all very much the "left over high budget" stuff, they'll be balanced out in immortal empires campaign by all the more "normal" factions. It's a bit of a monster mash situation in the campaign right now.

I really hope they'll take popularity of prologue to heart and release some other mini-campaigns, maybe with lord packs or hell even stand-alone.

WH factions are all very much the "left over high budget" stuff, they'll be balanced out in immortal empires campaign by all the more "normal" factions. It's a bit of a monster mash situation in the campaign right now.

I hope not. While I liked the prologue, I'm not playing it again.

It'd be cool if there was some kind of pre-grand campaign adventure that directly led into a normal campaign mode though. Like if you could take Yuri and your ending forces and use them in a major fight to start off a much more difficult kislev campaign in the north surrounded by chaos on all sides.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
There are 20gb of localization files yes.
Speaking of language, what the hell is that accent the Kislevites are using? It's not Russian, I'd dare say it isn't Eastern European at all.

Maybe they did as hollywood and used Swedes.

I just thought it was really bad fake russian. Hearing the Tzarina talk is like nails on a chalkboard.

The fake chinese accent from the Cathay characters is only slightly better.

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
There are 20gb of localization files yes.
Speaking of language, what the hell is that accent the Kislevites are using? It's not Russian, I'd dare say it isn't Eastern European at all.

Maybe they did as hollywood and used Swedes.

I just thought it was really bad fake russian. Hearing the Tzarina talk is like nails on a chalkboard.

The fake chinese accent from the Cathay characters is only slightly better.

It sounds like someone with a fairly strong Swedish accent trying to do a Russian accent, poorly.

Falksi

Arcane
I've not touched or really paid any attention to any Total War style RTS games for years now, simply because after the early ones (Rome, Shogun etc.) they felt worse with each release.

So what's deal with this trilogy, how does it compare?

Lacrymas

Arcane
Let me guess, those are with a GPU costing as much as the GDP of an African nation, like a 3090 Ti XXXX MAXX EXXTREME Gaming Pro someshit?
No, I'm getting similar results on ultra with an RX 590. The battles themselves are much smoother btw, so there's definitely something up with the campaign map.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
I've not touched or really paid any attention to any Total War style RTS games for years now, simply because after the early ones (Rome, Shogun etc.) they felt worse with each release.

So what's deal with this trilogy, how does it compare?
Even worse trash with each new game they strip away features and introduce new bugs while not fixing the old one :hahano:

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
Gate bug still in game, Ai totally braindead and even worse during sieges, reskinned chaos units from previous game used in new demon factions. New bug with anti large infantry etc. This is not a new game it's just a 60$ dlc for total war gayhammer 1. Fuck Ca and you niggers that buy this shit are BRAINDEAD.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom