Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Total War: Warhammer III

Üstad

Arcane
And just as Bretonnia has its neat Arthurian & Celtic-inspired stuff, Nippon can have its share of neat Shinto-inspired stuff.
So it's Bretonnia with weaboo aesthetics, completely unneeded.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Nagash as a Legendary Hero akin to Ariel would be nice.
А legendary hero of which faction? They are probably going to release Neferata and Nagash as either two separate lord packs or them together. They usually release 2 lords that are opposed to each other, so Neferata vs Nagash works fine as a DLC.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Ok. The reason I'm asking is because I have 250 h in WH1, and barely started WH2 to check it out (90mins) once after I bought it in 2020.

I've aimed to play at least one campaign with every legendary lord. So every time I get remotely hyped about WH, I just play some more of WH1 for another ~30-50 hrs. I've won the campaign with the Dwarfs (June 2016 according to the achievement date), Vampire Counts (June 2016, probably my wife actually - I'm sure I won it too but don't remember when), Empire (March 2020), Bretonnia (April 2020), then I got burnt out in 2020 by the time I played with the Wood Elves.

My point is that at this rate, I have enough Warhammer to play until I retire. I don't see myself buying WH3 before 2023 at the earliest. I was wondering how much gameplay time you have accumulated because I feel far from experienced. WH is just a huge game. And I don't count playing the WH2 campaign as an excuse for not playing the WH1 campaign.

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
Ok. The reason I'm asking is because I have 250 h in WH1, and barely started WH2 to check it out (90mins) once after I bought it in 2020.

I've aimed to play at least one campaign with every legendary lord. So every time I get remotely hyped about WH, I just play some more of WH1 for another ~30-50 hrs. I've won the campaign with the Dwarfs (June 2016 according to the achievement date), Vampire Counts (June 2016, probably my wife actually - I'm sure I won it too but don't remember when), Empire (March 2020), Bretonnia (April 2020), then I got burnt out in 2020 by the time I played with the Wood Elves.

My point is that at this rate, I have enough Warhammer to play until I retire. I don't see myself buying WH3 before 2023 at the earliest. I was wondering how much gameplay time you have accumulated because I feel far from experienced. WH is just a huge game. And I don't count playing the WH2 campaign as an excuse for not playing the WH1 campaign.

The selling point is the mortal/immortal empires campaigns. Which has a bigger joint map with more factions. Vortex campaign in 2 and now the chaos campaign in 3 are really just side-attractions and a springboard for DLCs than anything else.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The selling point is the mortal/immortal empires campaigns. Which has a bigger joint map with more factions. Vortex campaign in 2 and now the chaos campaign in 3 are really just side-attractions and a springboard for DLCs than anything else.
I must be in the minority because ever since Rome I, my impression has been that TW isn't meant to handle large campaign maps, and the AI can't cope with them. After all, the original game was about Japan, immensly more simplistic, and truly "total war" oriented. So I've never been very optimistic about what the ME campaign would amount to. I think TW is at its best for region-sized campaign maps like various issues dealing with Britain (Viking Invason, MTW2:Kingdoms).

I even have a semi-scientific theory on why this is so.

For me WH1's campaign has the best atmosphere and campaign map graphics. I've heard they've improved the campaign map graphics and lighting in WH2, which may induce me to give it another try.

I'm still slowly buying DLC lords when they are discounted.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
I was wondering - how much time do you guys have clocked in TW:WH and TW:WH 2?

Untitled.png

Also this triggers me:
upload_2022-2-19_16-25-48.png

AwesomeButton

Patron

View attachment 22926

Also this triggers me:
View attachment 22927
Here is a true no-lifer connosieur. :D

BTW, I watched this Mortismal Mandalore review of WH3. What impressed me most was his calmness when he went on to talk about the sieges. I remember times when TW community members would become outraged when they are being sold a $60 game that is partially non-functional with regard to what it has been marketed as.

Last edited:

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy

View attachment 22926

Also this triggers me:
View attachment 22927
Here is a true no-lifer connosieur. :D

BTW, I watched this Mortismal review of WH3. What impressed me most was his calmness when he went on to talk about the sieges. I remember times when TW community members would become outraged when they are being sold a $60 game that is partially non-functional with regard to what it has been marketed as.

I make bad life decisions when it comes to games.
upload_2022-2-19_16-33-1.png

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
I must be in the minority because ever since Rome I, my impression has been that TW isn't meant to handle large campaign maps, and the AI can't cope with them. After all, the original game was about Japan, immensly more simplistic, and truly "total war" oriented. So I've never been very optimistic about what the ME campaign would amount to. I think TW is at its best for region-sized campaign maps like various issues dealing with Britain (Viking Invason, MTW2:Kingdoms).

I even have a semi-scientific theory on why this is so.

For me WH1's campaign has the best atmosphere and campaign map graphics. I've heard they've improved the campaign map graphics and lighting in WH2, which may induce me to give it another try.

I'm still slowly buying DLC lords when they are discounted.

It can become disjointed when the campaign is not properly focused. For example this is an issue in empire total war. While focusing on particular theme and localities can have greater coherence and aesthetic appeal. This is truest in Shogun 2 I think, where all the mechanics, provinces, artstyle, UI and themes all come together and it becomes greater than sum of its parts ordeal.

However Warhammer 2-3 joint maps are sort of same theme together and because they are all fantasy they mesh fine coherently. Perhaps with exception of India & Japan which would be out of the whole chaos conflict. My only problem with WH2 was that such a large map would have technical issues but otherwise it really was coherent. I have same hope for WH3 but I am critical of its UI decisions in particular.

AwesomeButton

Patron
I make bad life decisions when it comes to games.
upload_2022-2-19_16-33-1-png.22928
I don't think I've ever played this non-pirated.

Provance from a Duchy to the Kingdom of Burgundy and Lotharingia was my only real campaign, and it was great fun. I made myself a custom soundtrack of Occitan music.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
Nothing more riveting than getting your wounded agent back, using him to fight the AI agent spam and having him critically fail again on the first try. :rage:

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
The AI still can't handle sieges. It either stands around and does nothing with your own dudes literally in front of them, or it has pathing issues and goes off to nowhere or it desperately tries to rush your victory point ignoring everything else.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
The AI can't seem to handle anything. Chairwoman Miao hasn't conquered a single settlement and has let Tzeentch run rampant -
As for sieges, the trick where the AI has better armies than you and attacks you while you siege is invaluable. Not only do you spare yourself the accosting tediousness of the tower defense minigame, you also get to fight them in the open where they lose all advantages. A+ design.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
I was under the impression traversing rifts spits you out somewhere randomly but no, you can pick any other rift to go to. This... changes things.

Olinser

Savant
Fuck sake lads. This game had the stink of SHIT all over it prior to release. You knew it was gonna be a mess with the delay that they did and it's infested with Denuvo malware to boot.

Yet you keep buying this crap.

I'm enjoying it. It's not a perfect game but I'm entertained. All my quibbles are things that can be changed, the base is solid.

Olinser

Savant
One weird note.

Why is the Lord trait for killing N'Kari EXTRA EXPERIENCE GAIN!??!

There's a lot of things you COULD get for killing them, but extra experience gain is just weird.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom