Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Total War: Warhammer III

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
Final battle was fairly enjoyable to play actually. A bit on the easier side perhaps because of the amount of resources you are getting but still.

Also I have to say Tzeentch realm is really most difficult. You are supposed to fight so many battles before you get to the librarian, especially the respawning armies attacking you between your turns can be devastating sometimes. There is some trial and error in first few portals too. Funnily enough you fight more battles in both Tzeentch and Nurgle than Khorne, even though Khorne is the one that is supposed to be about fighting. They really should put fewer enemy armies in Tzeentch islands at least, one per Island seems okay.

The AI can't seem to handle anything. Chairwoman Miao hasn't conquered a single settlement and has let Tzeentch run rampant

In my game Miao dominated China. It seems fairly random what will happen.

Olinser

Savant
Final battle was fairly enjoyable to play actually. A bit on the easier side perhaps because of the amount of resources you are getting but still.

Also I have to say Tzeentch realm is really most difficult. You are supposed to fight so many battles before you get to the librarian, especially the respawning armies attacking you between your turns can be devastating sometimes. There is some trial and error in first few portals too. Funnily enough you fight more battles in both Tzeentch and Nurgle than Khorne, even though Khorne is the one that is supposed to be about fighting. They really should put fewer enemy armies in Tzeentch islands at least, one per Island seems okay.

The AI can't seem to handle anything. Chairwoman Miao hasn't conquered a single settlement and has let Tzeentch run rampant

In my game Miao dominated China. It seems fairly random what will happen.

Chairman Miao????

23154826_1808232925871804_9056742483382040772_o.jpg

Olinser

Savant
View attachment 22935

H/H. Skarbrand was surprisingly enjoyable but the quest battles essentially turn into "Retard smashing bugs all day". Select all, group up, click on enemy, wait.

The endurance battles are actually far easier than the campaign level play, too.

Ending thoughts:
Oh wow, IT RESOLVED FUCKING NOOOOOOTHING. Khorne just laughs at poor old Skarbrand and the Advisor just leaves. Also they misspelled "lone" in the ending cinematic.

I mean.... that IS exactly what Khorne would do, so I'm not sure what you're complaining about. Totally in character.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
everyone who worked on AI and campaign mechanics gets a D.
It wouldn't surprise me if they are all retired or dead, and some unfortunate souls at CA-somewhere-around-the-world are trying to make sense of code they wrote in 2007.

Honestly, does anyone really like the HRE with wizards?
I love all the factions, especially the older ones, for their flavor. The Empire are a great little medieval EU.

Sunri

Liturgist
My campaign got bugged, everyone collected all souls 100 turns ago but no one can go to Be'lakor also portals stopped spawning I guess it's time for map painting
xa90zmF.png

Dunno about Cathay being op, I have a constant feeling that I'm playing a shittier empire with limited lore of magic and worse artillery.

All those constructs looks super wasteful, especially when you have a lord that decreases missile infantry cost by 50%. Just looking at the units, stats, and redline stuff I'd go a bunch for a bunch of crane gunners and celestial dragon crossbows with a few guard units and siege artillery. Bear in mind though that my idea of an ideal army is one that's 1/2 the cost of that and can just barely win tough single army vs. single army battles, not one that can shit on multiple enemy full stacks in one battle.

For comparison the best mid-game tzeentch armies I can come up with is mostly just pink horror spam with some cavalry. Sadly the only AP damage I can get seems to be very short ranged flamers, a flier who runs out of ammo in about 5s, or the super expensive lord of change which looks like a fairly awful melee unit unless you really micro to recharge shields.

Bruh im just running around and auto resolving at this point.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
What everyone said about the Realm of Tzeentch is correct. What a hellhole.
Wanted to go there first.
AI was in there too and beat me to it by two turns. It's fucking stupid as it is just entirely random. The "clues" you get from defeating those mini-armies are borderline useless.

But everyone hates it so I figure they'll rework it - question is, will that happen before or after nobody plays it anymore cause ME is out?

A horse of course

View attachment 22935

H/H. Skarbrand was surprisingly enjoyable but the quest battles essentially turn into "Retard smashing bugs all day". Select all, group up, click on enemy, wait.

The endurance battles are actually far easier than the campaign level play, too.

Ending thoughts:
Oh wow, IT RESOLVED FUCKING NOOOOOOTHING. Khorne just laughs at poor old Skarbrand and the Advisor just leaves. Also they misspelled "lone" in the ending cinematic.

I remember numerous spelling errors in the Warhammer 2 """""""""""cutscenes""""""""""""" too. They obviously don't give a fuck about that stuff because Fantasoy redditors will still lap it up, just as /ourguy/ Darren observed.

Tyrr

Liturgist
I hope someone will create a "realism mod" that will give Cathay the ability to create and spread plagues.

Sunri

Liturgist
It would be great if you could secure the wall forever so those reatardos stop spawning every 5 turns.
uvEJVua.png

As Tzeentch they were one of the things keeping me alive. Because they like you they'll pay you for military alliance, die, then respawn and be available for a new military alliance.

Tyrr

Liturgist

Can we get a version of this video where the voice of the guy doesn't make me want to erase hearing as one of the 5 senses?

tl;dr: CA's Cathay doesn't fit into the setting. Compared to all the other factions it's a too nice, perfect rulers, beautiful land, ect. Not grimdark like the rest of Warhammer.

He is not wrong. Look, they even have gender equality. All to not anger the Chinese.

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
Perfect rulers? Emperor and empress are completely MIA, the whole place is ruled by sibling rivalry as well as daddy and mommy issues. One thing I didn't like is however lack of jade vampires, I assume they'll be included eventually with some DLC.

lightbane

Arcane
Finally, the trilogy is complete, for what's worth. Is Estalia a playable faction? What about the Amazons? How much space would it take to install all 3 games and DLCs to have the entire playable map?
Are sieges still retarded with instant-spawn ladders (even when the attacking units are ghosts)?

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Honestly, the Empire is only a little bit more grimdark than the actual Holy Roman Empire (not counting endtimes because fuck endtimes). Thirty years war was some fucked up shit.

I'm sure Ming Dynasty has some skeletons in its closet. Anything based off history will.

Self-Ejected

underground nymph

I care not!
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Finally, the trilogy is complete, for what's worth. Is Estalia a playable faction? What about the Amazons? How much space would it take to install all 3 games and DLCs to have the entire playable map?
Are sieges still retarded with instant-spawn ladders (even when the attacking units are ghosts)?
Ladders are issued only for skeletons and zombies. Ghosts can’t operate a ladder you silly.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
It would be great if you could secure the wall forever so those reatardos stop spawning every 5 turns.
uvEJVua.png
I'm not I'm not making any big discovery, but sheesh, this really looks like something out of a Disney cartoon.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom