Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Total War: Warhammer III

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Fuck sake lads. This game had the stink of SHIT all over it prior to release. You knew it was gonna be a mess with the delay that they did and it's infested with Denuvo malware to boot.

Yet you keep buying this crap.
The hope they'll either eventually make it good or that a mod will come out that will make it good. The game has such a massive, epic scale nothing truly comes close, so I keep hoping it will get better.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
One weird note.

Why is the Lord trait for killing N'Kari EXTRA EXPERIENCE GAIN!??!

There's a lot of things you COULD get for killing them, but extra experience gain is just weird.

Maybe it's like Sensate stuff. "Experience reality to its fullest" or something.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
Skarbrand is fun to play but I can't help but feel they could've done more with him. I mean, Bretonnia has a mechanic that punishes retreating and so should Khornate factions. He is still the god of honorable combat after all.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
The AI still can't handle sieges. It either stands around and does nothing with your own dudes literally in front of them, or it has pathing issues and goes off to nowhere or it desperately tries to rush your victory point ignoring everything else.

CA has had this problem for a decade +. When was the last time sieges actually ran smoothly? Medieval 2?

Also, I can't believe you madlads are actually playing the campaign instead of just messing around with skirmish mode. Gotta wait a few months so that everything can be fixed.

It's 2022, you can't expect to play games when they're released anymore.

Sunri

Liturgist
he-he my sentinels got stuck all the animations stopped, but enemy units still lost their hp you love to see it
xFVPFna.png

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
Basically everyone at CA who worked on the animations, the little lore text blurbs and the audio gets an A+ from me and everyone who worked on AI and campaign mechanics gets a D.

Olinser

Savant
Basically everyone at CA who worked on the animations, the little lore text blurbs and the audio gets an A+ from me and everyone who worked on AI and campaign mechanics gets a D.

Prologue was a fantastic little mini-campaign, even if most of it is a tutorial.

Instead of lord packs I'd love to see some mini-campaigns like it for factions going forward.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I don't get how Tzeentch's armies work. Are they ALL ranged? And do they have shields you have to take down first? And they all die in the end?

Last edited:

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
I don't get how Tzeentch's armies work. Are they ALL ranged? And do they have shields you have to take down first? And they all die in the end?

Tzeentch is good at hit-and-run stuff due to the shields but crumbles under sustained pressure. The air force is also amazing with flamers that can snipe lords from above. The other chaos factions basically can't touch your flyers.
The entire faction has that shield but the ranged fire game isn't as good as it may first look.

e: Yikes, when visiting Khorne, BRING ANTI-LARGE!
upload_2022-2-19_22-21-10.png

Olinser

Savant

They're not all primary ranged but most of them have some kind of ranged attack.

And yes, the barrier is extra HP that regenerates if they stop taking damage.

And yes, just like ALL demons and undead for ALL factions, the demon units take damage and die instead of running when their morale gets low.

Sunri

Liturgist

Yes it seems that Tzeentch's is the most broken faction not only he can clear half of the enemy army in seconds with magic but also have good ranged roster with barrier that helps minimize casualties not mentioning flyers that wreak havoc with new mechanic that allows throwing people off the walls lol

Some are non-ranged and some have ranged attacks only with a few shots that just softens enemies up before melee (e.g. the blue horrors). Some other units are very good though, the cavalry is actually incredible since good melee defence + the shield lets them easily get out with no damage.

Right now my main issue with Tzeentch is that his army kind of lacks effective AP damage. I did figure out that the best way for him to handle lords and single entities is to just spam his magic missile at them. 4 or so magic missiles and enemy lords are generally dead. But aside from magic spam I don't have many options for good AP damage. Trying to get a new army with a new lord up and running is tough.

Yes it seems that Tzeentch's is the most broken faction not only he can clear half of the enemy army in seconds with magic but also have good ranged roster with barrier that helps minimize casualties not mentioning flyers that wreak havoc with new mechanic that allows throwing people off the walls lol

I dunno. Most broken of the chaos gods maybe (he also has the best income by far I think). But Ogres (camps, super strong melee and gunners) and Kislev (lmao ice archers + ice spells = everything running at your missile spam armies is at -55% speed so cavalry is now infantry and infantry doesn't move) are definitely super strong and I haven't tried Cathay yet. I'd wager Cathay is the strongest faction just based on how much CA wanks over their OC donut steal creation and wants to appeal to the chinese. EDIT: also as I've experienced from their sieges they have a reskinned skaven jezzail so that can't be a good sign for balance.

Last edited:

Sunri

Liturgist
My campaign got bugged, everyone collected all souls 100 turns ago but no one can go to Be'lakor also portals stopped spawning I guess it's time for map painting
xa90zmF.png

Some are non-ranged and some have ranged attacks only with a few shots that just softens enemies up before melee (e.g. the blue horrors). Some other units are very good though, the cavalry is actually incredible since good melee defence + the shield lets them easily get out with no damage.

Right now my main issue with Tzeentch is that his army kind of lacks effective AP damage. I did figure out that the best way for him to handle lords and single entities is to just spam his magic missile at them. 4 or so magic missiles and enemy lords are generally dead. But aside from magic spam I don't have many options for good AP damage. Trying to get a new army with a new lord up and running is tough.

I dunno. Most broken of the chaos gods maybe (he also has the best income by far I think). But Ogres (camps, super strong melee and gunners) and Kislev (lmao ice archers + ice spells = everything running at your missile spam armies is at -55% speed so cavalry is now infantry and infantry doesn't move) are definitely super strong and I haven't tried Cathay yet. I'd wager Cathay is the strongest faction just based on how much CA wanks over their OC donut steal creation and wants to appeal to the chinese. EDIT: also as I've experienced from their sieges they have a reskinned skaven jezzail so that can't be a good sign for balance.

Dunno about Cathay being op, I have a constant feeling that I'm playing a shittier empire with limited lore of magic and worse artillery.

My campaign got bugged, everyone collected all souls 100 turns ago but no one can go to Be'lakor also portals stopped spawning I guess it's time for map painting
xa90zmF.png

Dunno about Cathay being op, I have a constant feeling that I'm playing a shittier empire with limited lore of magic and worse artillery.

All those constructs looks super wasteful, especially when you have a lord that decreases missile infantry cost by 50%. Just looking at the units, stats, and redline stuff I'd go a bunch for a bunch of crane gunners and celestial dragon crossbows with a few guard units and siege artillery. Bear in mind though that my idea of an ideal army is one that's 1/2 the cost of that and can just barely win tough single army vs. single army battles, not one that can shit on multiple enemy full stacks in one battle.

For comparison the best mid-game tzeentch armies I can come up with is mostly just pink horror spam with some cavalry. Sadly the only AP damage I can get seems to be very short ranged flamers, a flier who runs out of ammo in about 5s, or the super expensive lord of change which looks like a fairly awful melee unit unless you really micro to recharge shields.

The defensive battles I have to fight every 20 turns from cathay:
G546NeI.png
Probably could have won this if I did a bit better, I had a bunch of towers built shooting around but my good units just disintegrated once the crap ones were lost

And on the other hand, this shit fucking auto resolve forcing me to fight this.
fzbTLyS.jpg

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
20220220051753_1.jpg

H/H. Skarbrand was surprisingly enjoyable but the quest battles essentially turn into "Retard smashing bugs all day". Select all, group up, click on enemy, wait.

The endurance battles are actually far easier than the campaign level play, too.

Ending thoughts:
Oh wow, IT RESOLVED FUCKING NOOOOOOTHING. Khorne just laughs at poor old Skarbrand and the Advisor just leaves. Also they misspelled "lone" in the ending cinematic.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom