Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Trigger the codex with a statement.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
3d6 > d20

Why ?
  • Resembles more an bell curve
  • Things can be extremely hard to hit without needing an big number(eg - having to roll 17/18)
  • Even an -1/+1 is more significant
  • d6 dices are much easier to find than d20
  • (...)

Hag

Arbiter
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
By having you stay long hours motionless in front of a computer, usually sitting, RPGs greatly the risk of constipation and should therefore be considered as a health hazard and regulated accordingly.

Alex

Arcane
3d6 > d20

Why ?
  • Things can be extremely hard to hit without needing an big number(eg - having to roll 17/18)
  • (...)
Dude, this is the "Trigger the Codex" thread, not the "State the Obvious" one.

__scribbles__

Educated
ADL is the leading anti-hate organization in the world. Founded in 1913, its timeless mission is “to stop the defamation of the Jewish people and to secure justice and fair treatment to all.” Today, ADL continues to fight all forms of antisemitism and bias, using innovation and partnerships to drive impact. A global leader in combating antisemitism, countering extremism and battling bigotry wherever and whenever it happens, ADL works to protect democracy and ensure a just and inclusive society for all.

KateMicucci

Arcane
3d6 > d20

Why ?
  • (...)
D20 sucks but d6 has issues with the power scaling typical of RPGs. Works good in tactical games though.

Kruyurk

Learned
I am trying to fit in the Codex by having the most consensual opinions, but it is so hard to follow which games I should consider monocled classics and which ones I should consider shit.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
I am trying to fit in the Codex by having the most consensual opinions, but it is so hard to follow which games I should consider monocled classics and which ones I should consider shit.
All of them are shit. Especially your favorite game. Lurk more.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Don't be alarmed; the Codex is a friendly and inviting place that accepts everyone, as long as they loathe Baldur's Gate. :love:

Silverfish

Arbiter

Fallout and Arcanum are unassailable masterpieces, Deus Ex is great, but a step down from the big timers, New Vegas is pretty good relative to its era, everything else is shit, especially if it was moderately successful.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom