Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Trigger the codex with a statement.

Saldrone

Novice
RPGs where heavy armor is practically useless due to enemies having high level of attack accuracy/armor penetration (looking at you, Throne of Bhaal)

I have never been able to complete ToB. Infinity Engine is better for low level encounters, as soon as you start getting relatively powerful spells (especially time stop and the like) you can tell a tb combat system is needed. Fucking ironic that Time Stop would just make a mess in real time games.

Kruyurk

Learned
I have never been able to complete ToB. Infinity Engine is better for low level encounters, as soon as you start getting relatively powerful spells (especially time stop and the like) you can tell a tb combat system is needed. Fucking ironic that Time Stop would just make a mess in real time games.
Shitting on RTwP is the opposite of triggering the Codex hivemind. Instead, tell us why turn-based is in essence a gamey framework and why true incline will come from deeper simulation in real time.

Shitting on RTwP is the opposite of triggering the Codex hivemind. Instead, tell us why turn-based is in essence a gamey framework and why true incline will come from deeper simulation in real time.
tb is good because it is gamey -- "simulation" is for isekai fags

Odoryuk

Educated
Fallout would have been a better game with realtime combat. Diablo would have been a better game with turn–based combat.

Caim

Arcane
Throne of Bhaal was so bad it made Ed Greenwood's boner subside.
There is no Ed Greenwood without the wood.
Ed Greenwood is the Ed Wood of RPGs
Good ol' Ed, I wonder what he's up to recently?

0SdQKkn.jpeg

Oh Ed, never change~

Ryzer

Arcane
RPGs aren't fun, we pretend they are but they aren't. I mean have you tried playing an RPG with a friend for a party? Unless you are a nerd full of pimples, the answer is evidently no.

Silverfish

Arbiter
Look at this nigga. Never even heard of Brock.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom