Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children - isometric tactical Korean SRPG

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Has anyone..
Won this encounter, while playing as Jason and Ryo?
fe4f40860d8251dd.png

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Has anyone..

Yeah, although it took me a couple of tries:
Jason was pretty much just a med-kit and smoke grenades dispenser as he could not deal any significant damage.
I took out Luna first and hindered Marco as much as I could with the smokes.
I thought that would be the solution, I did the mistake of trying to take out Jesse first.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2

Leocruta

Novice
Has anyone..

Yeah, although it took me a couple of tries:

I thought that would be the solution, I did the mistake of trying to take out Jesse first.

Also I kept Jason near Marco as much as possible. Ranged AI tends to run usually when someone near it. That way Jason had lower chance to hit a bit.

For me Jason died immediately whenever Luna took her first turn. I only used him to toss a smoke grenade on the bush next to the van, which is where I parked Ryo. Marco's then a non-issue, and since Ryo can fill his sp basically at will, I hit luna with his overcharge move and killed her next turn. Then just hunted Marko down.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
It really annoys me that my company name can't have free spaces between words

jac8awol

Arbiter
YES it is on sale again, I managed to hold out long enough. Let the cheapskate cashflow commence, all over the mouths and faces of deserving Korean developers. A capitalist kpop bukkake if you will.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
YES it is on sale again, I managed to hold out long enough. Let the cheapskate cashflow commence, all over the mouths and faces of deserving Korean developers. A capitalist kpop bukkake if you will.

Fuck, I bought it yesterday

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
I must say I find modern tutorials a bit on the wordy side, I remember in older games you played through without reams of text telling you extremely basic stuff you could have just guessed

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Game gets very complex later down the line, i still have no idea how to manage the dance system.

Is it real complexity or just more systems that make things more cumbersome though?

So far I like what I've seen though, which is not much yet admittedly

Lhynn

Arcane
Is it real complexity or just more systems that make things more cumbersome though?

So far I like what I've seen though, which is not much yet admittedly
Real complexity. Dancing has a lot to do with what actions you take, it allows you to chain skills, and it is a mechanic exclusive to the last character you unlock and Irene, but Irene only has access endgame, mostly because thats where you start getting masteries for it. From what i have been told it is REALLY powerful when pulled off, but i rather not bother with it, though i probably should considering Irene isnt quite great by the end of the game, mostly because of how much the difficulty increases.

This is one of the few games that keep introducing shit through the entirety of it, so it never grows stale. The mastery system is superb for this, as it keeps character building fresh throughout all of it. Because of this the game actually becomes more enjoyable the further in you go.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
The mastery system is superb for this, as it keeps character building fresh throughout all of it. Because of this the game actually becomes more enjoyable the further in you go.

This makes me really excited, as very few games manage this

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
Digital artbook has released
a7ed92d478b4bb278c440c72f2ca09c42cd847fe.jpg

We were able to release the digital artbook to raise funds, thanks to you all. We are greatly grateful for your support.

Greetings, this is the troubleshooter development team.

We have released the digital artbook of Troubleshooter.

The artbook consists mostly of illustrations used in the game. Description of the situation or story related to the illustration is provided along with the illustration.

We have added 8 wallpapers that had been used on the steam page.

Since the artbook is about 300 pages, the size is quite big.

All funds raised by the artbook will be reinvested in the development to continue with making stories of various characters.

Thank you!

Artbook details.
  • 8 types of wallpapers have been added.
  • There are 295 pages in the book.
  • File path: (Installation Path)ArtBookTroubleshooter_AC_Artbook_eng.pdf
  • Requires 2.11GB available space
https://steamcommunity.com/games/470310/announcements/detail/2462854572149434638

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
Their response to my review on Steam is pretty much the opposite of what I wanted to hear. They could get so much marketing done for free and they don't seem to even want to try. Just send a steam key to ACG on Youtube and maybe someone at PC Gamer and their sales would go way up.

fhwawr.png

distant

Learned
This is quite a long thread for what I thought would be a very niche game.

It's the Codex. This is the type of game that appeals to a lot of the people here. Keep it rolling. Seriously want this game to succeed so bad.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Their response to my review on Steam is pretty much the opposite of what I wanted to hear. They could get so much marketing done for free and they don't seem to even want to try. Just send a steam key to ACG on Youtube and maybe someone at PC Gamer and their sales would go way up.

fhwawr.png

Is the story unfinished?

jac8awol

Arbiter

fhwawr.png

I think it's better to let them do their own thing. If they start thinking mainstream, money, media, then before you know it they will be dumbing shit down and making things more accessible, and you'll lose the awesome product you had.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom