Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children - isometric tactical Korean SRPG

Lhynn

Arcane
Is the story unfinished?
Yes and no. Yes because there are a lot of threads that are yet unresolved. No because you do get some closure, there is a definite end to the first chapter.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
Is the story unfinished?
Yes. This game is only part 1. The story will be finished via dlc or a sequel. Part 1 isn't even finished as they plan to add Bianca and Alisa's stories

I think it's better to let them do their own thing. If they start thinking mainstream, money, media, then before you know it they will be dumbing shit down and making things more accessible, and you'll lose the awesome product you had.
Without money they will go broke. You have to do some marketing. Games are expensive to make and their sales are pretty bad compared to the production values and how much they plan to achieve in the future.

flyingjohn

Arcane
Is the story unfinished?
Yes. This game is only part 1. The story will be finished via dlc or a sequel. Part 1 isn't even finished as they plan to add Bianca and Alisa's stories

I think it's better to let them do their own thing. If they start thinking mainstream, money, media, then before you know it they will be dumbing shit down and making things more accessible, and you'll lose the awesome product you had.
Without money they will go broke. You have to do some marketing. Games are expensive to make and their sales are pretty bad compared to the production values and how much they plan to achieve in the future.

Marketing is a Schrodinger cat.If it works all the success is attributed to marketing and if it fails then you didn't invest enough into marketing.The simple reality is that if you are not nuxcom or fire emblem you will fail.
Also we have no idea what was the budget and if this was even a full time gig.Plus Korea is quite different in expenses then California.

Acg buys his games so that means he has no interest and already has enough games to cover.
Dastactics is already swarmed with requests and that would mean paying him which is a bad idea.
Everybody else is way too expensive.

But even if they fail they have made a great srpg that should make hacks like Gallop and Solomon feel embarrassed.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Digital artbook has released
a7ed92d478b4bb278c440c72f2ca09c42cd847fe.jpg

We were able to release the digital artbook to raise funds, thanks to you all. We are greatly grateful for your support.

Greetings, this is the troubleshooter development team.

We have released the digital artbook of Troubleshooter.

The artbook consists mostly of illustrations used in the game. Description of the situation or story related to the illustration is provided along with the illustration.

We have added 8 wallpapers that had been used on the steam page.

Since the artbook is about 300 pages, the size is quite big.

All funds raised by the artbook will be reinvested in the development to continue with making stories of various characters.

Thank you!

Artbook details.
  • 8 types of wallpapers have been added.
  • There are 295 pages in the book.
  • File path: (Installation Path)ArtBookTroubleshooter_AC_Artbook_eng.pdf
  • Requires 2.11GB available space
https://steamcommunity.com/games/470310/announcements/detail/2462854572149434638

Is it very spoilery?

rashiakas

Cipher
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Do you need to grind reputation/reagents for crafting, or can you just enjoy the story?

Lhynn

Arcane
Do you need to grind reputation/reagents for crafting, or can you just enjoy the story?
You need to farm to craft, you dont need to craft to beat the game. To be honest im not even sure you need to craft at all, 95% of my gear is loot.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
This game's a steal even without the discount.

Yeah, I played it for 120 hours and probably nearing to end, even at full price its a steal.
Never grinded, didn't need it. Money is easy to come by and shops are usually have good stuff, especially after you becam friendly with them.

Visperas

Augur
I'm gonna start playing this game soon. Without any spoilers, what are the difficulty settings and which one do you recommend?

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
I posted a review on steam, mentioned this thread and the developer visited this thread.

steam-review.png

That's awesome! I hope machine translating this thread to Korean didn't make us sound any weirder than we already are because none of those guys speak English.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So I've been playing this for a bit.

It's good.

Thought it would be more like JA2 than nuXcom but the AP and cover systems are very nuXcom... eh. Not the best, but decent enough.

Love the variety of abilities. Levels are big and there's lots of enemies to deal with. Couldn't care less about the story stuff but the gameplay is pretty top. Love how varied the missions are, I played over a dozen already and it doesn't get repetitive.

Leocruta

Novice
I went in expecting to at most accept the 2 ap system, but I've found that it actually works really well with the speed and turn order system, and the various ways you have to alter when someone gets to take an action. If they had used time units instead, I think they would have had to use a more static turn order, to the game's detriment.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
You guys! This game is actually really good.

I was hesitant. I don't like anime (at least not shonen), I don't love the X-Com 1/2 formula and I was wary of the bad translation.

But this game is a miracle. I cannot believe it's this cheap and this well-made. Even the writing is good, in a strange way. Like, I can't tell for certain, due to the translation issues, but the way the plot is presented, and the cinematography in those dumb cutscenes is actually legit good. And the game itself? Well, the best thing since X-Com 2: War of the Chosen in this specific tactical genre. Very happy with this. Thank you Codex!

Visperas

Augur
How important are the decisions you make in this game? Do the consequences really change the level or the story?

I think I'm at one of the first "important" ones. In Ramjit plaza, I'm talking to Ray and I have 4 options: 1- I need your help with civilians. 2- Please evacuate. 3- Are you running away? 4- Did you do all this? I'm willing to spoil myself this one to get a better feeling of what do they do. What did you guys choose here and what happened short term?

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
How important are the decisions you make in this game? Do the consequences really change the level or the story?

I think I'm at one of the first "important" ones. In Ramjit plaza, I'm talking to Ray and I have 4 options: 1- I need your help with civilians. 2- Please evacuate. 3- Are you running away? 4- Did you do all this? I'm willing to spoil myself this one to get a better feeling of what do they do. What did you guys choose here and what happened short term?
Everyone picks the first option because you get to play as her. The others probably give masteries but I wouldn't know

Luka-boy

Arcane
They can change some levels quite significantly. And some Masteries are only acquirable by making specific choices.

Not the overall story, though. And after beating the first chapter of the game you unlock the ability to replay story missions to see what different choices change and unlock whatever you missed

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom