Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children - isometric tactical Korean SRPG

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I'm also amazed that after playing 90 hours, missions feel fresh. This is some kind of combination of the story and the map design. Even after 90 hours, missions are interesting. Even the side missions.

And speaking about story, the game has a damn good anime story. It is engaging. A lot is going on, and you have absolutely no idea what is going on. But you care about it.

The game has excellent pacing. Once you get used to your characters, the game give you another on. Once you get used to the new one, a new one appears. It kind of force you to be in constant process of building a character. Once you figured one character, the game gives you another one.

I can point only two negatives in the game. It has slow start. First mission is boring. But starting, from the second one you are hooked. So it is not a big of a deal. The second one is difficulty. I feel that Cruel/Challenging is not tough enough. So, I guess for a second playthrough, I will need to come up with some home rules.

Yeah, it definitely needs another difficulty notch. Because the progression system is so goddamn addictive, you eventually build a team of absolute monsters, and even Cruel/Challenging becomes not exactly easy but not enough of a challenge.

This was brought home to me in one of the later "training" missions, where Giselle and one other handpicked team member and a bunch of grunts have to face off as "defence" against the rest of your team and another bunch of grunts, AI-controlled as "attack". The first time I played it I had to laugh at how quickly and thoroughly my team under AI control obliterated my defence team. (I could picture the AI thinking to itself, "OMG, I can do this??? GO!!!!") I tried a bajillion different strategies, but every time it was complete armageddon in a few minutes, and eventually I had to actually strip the attack team of its masteries and gear to make the mission doable. Mind you, it also made me feel quite proud :)

Last edited:

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
I really wonder if there's any deeper meaning behind the the "Black Witch" character from the "White Lion and Black Witch" story, "Bianca Leblanc" having a name that literally means "White the White"? Or are the Koreans just picking European names at random?

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Or are the Koreans just picking European names at random?
That's what asians always do. And that's why they like german names - they sounds cool.

Yeah I don't think there's much more to it than that. German/Jewish names just sound cool to Koreans for some reason.

I mean, to me "Akira" sounds incredibly cool, but to Japanese it probably just sounds like "Bob."

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Yeah, both "Bianca" and "Leblanc" are cool names, but what are the odds of randomly picking two names from two different languages that both mean "white", and giving them to a character strongly associated with the color black? :neveraskedforthis:

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Also, let's talk about jews a little bit more. Have you noticed that almost all non-criminal organisations are ruled by jews? Albus is a head of your company, Isaac is a head of the SWAT team, Giselle was a head of another teem...
As much as I would like to claim Giselle as Jewish, the name Giselle Wallenstein is clearly German, with Wallenstein having been a famous military leader of the 30 Years War.

vpfbjMo.jpg

d8097vA.jpg

Efe

Erudite
Theres a few eastern names in there too.
Turk, berke, idris, hasan, etc.. mostly bad guys ganstas
:positive:

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
So bought this a while back and beat the main story with 96 hrs so game's doing something right.
Or at least I thought I beat it but seems they added some new story stuff, and have barely dabbled with crafting and drones and all that so still plenty to play around with.

Though it took me a long while to care about the story or the characters it does end up charming you over, sneakily immersing you in the setting even when you're mostly sjipping the cutscenes. Actually grew quite fond of the spoonists for example and the mission where you can opt to play as them to beat up ryo, goth loli and marco was fun, spoonism is the best gang unique mastery change my mind.

If there is one complaint I have it's the unskippable animation times x a billion enemies x your squad x your police allies. Will need to see if cheat engine's speedhack can help alleviate this issue.
A more personal gripe is I hate that you have to pick Albus in missions, one of the main reasons I wanted the white lion in my lineup was to replace him as a swordsman tank, now fml I had to kick out korone and rely exclusively on ray as my only healer.

Anyways good job on eastern devs for looking xcom2 and being like "it's ok but we can do better."

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
So bought this a while back and beat the main story with 96 hrs so game's doing something right.
Or at least I thought I beat it but seems they added some new story stuff, and have barely dabbled with crafting and drones and all that so still plenty to play around with.

Though it took me a long while to care about the story or the characters it does end up charming you over, sneakily immersing you in the setting even when you're mostly sjipping the cutscenes. Actually grew quite fond of the spoonists for example and the mission where you can opt to play as them to beat up ryo, goth loli and marco was fun, spoonism is the best gang unique mastery change my mind.

If there is one complaint I have it's the unskippable animation times x a billion enemies x your squad x your police allies. Will need to see if cheat engine's speedhack can help alleviate this issue.
A more personal gripe is I hate that you have to pick Albus in missions, one of the main reasons I wanted the white lion in my lineup was to replace him as a swordsman tank, now fml I had to kick out korone and rely exclusively on ray as my only healer.

Anyways good job on eastern devs for looking xcom2 and being like "it's ok but we can do better."

There's a speed option in options, which makes all the movement animations really fast. But things like the "overcharge" animations are still at normal speed, which can be a bit annoying sometimes.

Zumbabul

Savant
After 115 awesome hours I finished this game. It is hard to pick the right words to describe how good the game is. Games like this one give me hope that our hobby is actually evolving. That fantastic games were not only in our childhood, but some of the fantastic games are waiting for us in future. I hope that the devs will be financially ok and they will keep producing more games like this one.

Zumbabul

Savant
When I first started the game, I felt that male characters looked kind of gay (Albus, Sion, and Heixing). Especially, their 3D models. Especially, Heixing and his outfit.

However, after finishing the game I don't see them as gay at all. My perception of them has changed. In fact, their behavior is masculine. Albus is a responsible leader, who does not fear to look in the eyes of danger. He actively seeks for difficult cases and has extremely high ambitions. Scion knows how to enjoy life, and this lightning devil will disintegrate anybody who will try to threaten his friends. Heixing had a lot of pain in his life, but he did not lost his dignity and he does not complain about his tough life or his feelings. Heixing is very stoic. I would say that this game has not only an outstanding selections of waifu, but also a selections of men who exhibit traits of positive masculinity.

There are no gay characters in the game. I think this aspect of the game is not praised here enough. This is 100% gay-free, SJW-free game, where men act and talk like men.

Last edited:

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
When I first started the game, I felt that male characters looked kind of gay (Albus, Sion, and Heixing). Especially, their 3D models. Especially, Heixing and his outfit.
It is a thing in South Korea. Straight men use cosmetics and look feminine and girls love that.

Zumbabul

Savant
I just realized that Troubleshooters devs can see the future. They predicted what would happen in 2020.

In the game, the whole city is filled with criminals who disturb public order. The government defunded the police. This is similar to riots in the US. Also, a lot of people are wearing masks. Some election is going on with very close results. It looks very similar to the reality. Coincidence?

One thing is missing. Invasion of wild animals. I think by the end of the 2020 there should be an invasion of animals to the US.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom