Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children - isometric tactical Korean SRPG

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
One thing is missing. Invasion of wild animals. I think by the end of the 2020 there should be an invasion of animals to the US.
There's plenty of cases where wildlife has taken advantage of lockdowns.

Zumbabul

Savant
There's plenty of cases where wildlife has taken advantage of lockdowns.

Oh shit... They can really see the future. What about robots?

Ok. Troubleshooter is a piece of art that predicted the future. In game, there is an artist who predict the future through his works. Maybe Ramjist is a metaphor for Dandylon?

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
The devs even respond to random reviews.

TfW14Aa.png

Reinhardt

Arcane
It is a thing in South Korea. Straight men use cosmetics and look feminine and girls love that.
Just asian things. Nice outfit and haircut is part of preparation to battle. If you destined to die today at least your enemies will understand you are not some hobo and won't laugh at your corpse.

Well, actually not just asians. I remember reading how brit soldiers learned to shave in Africa hard way - negroes mutiliated their corpses cutting skin with mustaches and beards as trophies.

I'm loving the game but I seem to be having performance issues. My build is a i7 8700k with a 1080 but the game only puts out 30 fps. The game's graphics obviously does not need a high range pc. Is there something I can do to increase performance?

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
I'm loving the game but I seem to be having performance issues. My build is a i7 8700k with a 1080 but the game only puts out 30 fps. The game's graphics obviously does not need a high range pc. Is there something I can do to increase performance?
Make sure you don't have the frame limiter turned on and vsync is off?

Make sure you don't have the frame limiter turned on and vsync is off?
It was the frame limiter. I thought it was off. Vsync works well though. Thanks for your help.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Bros, I have some questions:
  1. Do I need to max out all characters' classes or stick to one?
  2. Crafting looks p. convoluted, but the benefits do not look convincing. Is there a point in doing it?
  3. How do jurisdictions work? I only have 2 with decreasing levels, non-jurisdictions have higher levels tho. I complete missions in order of appearance. Must I grind older missions to support levels in my jurisdictions?

Jinn

Arcane
  2. Crafting looks p. convoluted, but the benefits do not look convincing. Is there a point in doing it?
  3. How do jurisdictions work? I only have 2 with decreasing levels, non-jurisdictions have higher levels tho. I complete missions in order of appearance. Must I grind older missions to support levels in my jurisdictions?

1. No, you don't need to. But I'd say if you're playing on hard, there isn't any reason not to.
2. I haven't ever found a use for crafting. Sadly a trash feature.
3. Jurisdictions increase with every mission you do in them. If you neglect a certain neighborhood for too long, it'll have decreasing levels. It's a pretty easy balancing act if you're doing most missions that come along.

Zumbabul

Savant

1. You don't need to, but you can benefit from doing it. For example, 'wind walk' from albus magic knight is useful for albus great swordsman, and 'turn over the leaf' from albus great swordsman is useful for albus magic knight. Also mastery from one characters can be used by another one. For example, Sion's battle mage mastery could be used by Irene battle mage. I would recommend to max all characters's classes.

2. You don't need crafting to finish the game. The only use I have found is crafting some potions, but you can live without them. Probably, crafting was intended for endgame.

3. Funny thing, you can live without jurisdictions too. You can sell the loot and have no problems with money. So you can just pick jurisdiction with the bonuses you like. If you don't like their decreasing levels, you can pick jurisdiction bonus 'wholehearted support'. With this bonus jurisdiction support level will increase every mission regardless of the district. Later in the game you will get more jurisdictions.

TheSoul

Scholar
I only did crafting for the best potions and certain grenades (emp, acid). Upgrading your equipment is not worth the effort unless it has several extra bonuses (speed, movement, and vigor mainly).

Amurada

Educated
is there a proper review worth referencing for this game? interested in it given that one of the most cynical forums I've come across heaps almost universal praise on it.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
is there a proper review worth referencing for this game?
Not that I could find. Destructoid has a review that rambles on without saying much (though what it does say, I agree with). I have a brief steam review posted that I think most here would thumbs up.

Just try it man, worst case scenario you don't like the first couple hours and refund to get your $17 back. Though be warned, there is a lot of cutscene dialogue in those first couple hours. It's OK to skip it all to test the gameplay, but if you end up sticking with it, start over to see the whole story.

Zumbabul

Savant
is there a proper review worth referencing for this game? interested in it given that one of the most cynical forums I've come across heaps almost universal praise on it.

We are not cynical, we are objective. In this world, 95% of anything is shit. Games are not exception. That is why we are forced to throw poop at 95% of games.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Turn-Based Lovers had a review of Troubleshooter that was ultimately favorable, although they dwelt overly much on criticizing certain side-systems that can be almost completely ignored (e.g. crafting, pets, ambition).

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
They're working on a harem ending.

At first I read that as "haram" :)

Pleased to see Troubleshooter up there in the poll, it really should be GOTY in the "real" poll.

I'm sure Cyberpunk being up there atm in this poll is just people trolling :D I mean, I've had fun with it and defended some aspects of it in the main thread, but it's obviously far too flawed to be taken seriously as a contender.

Amurada

Educated

We are not cynical, we are objective. In this world, 95% of anything is shit. Games are not exception. That is why we are forced to throw poop at 95% of games.
I don't view cynicism as a negative quality, and am very well aware of the 90% rule.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Turn-Based Lovers had a review of Troubleshooter that was ultimately favorable, although they dwelt overly much on criticizing certain side-systems that can be almost completely ignored (e.g. crafting, pets, ambition).
P. good review. Thanks.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/470310/view/2922238782433145608
[Notice] Hotfix and Changes announcement
[Notice] Hotfix and Changes announcement
257a06e1af00801f836e982e0564093f7a1c5e79.jpg

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Hello eveyrone, this is Troubleshooter development team.

This year was a difficult year for everyone because of COVID-19.

And April this year was a moment when the development team was in trouble with development budget.

We knew there was still a lot to be updated in the game, but we ended up choosing the official release.

It is you who gave us the opportunity to continue developing the game when we were in such a hurry.

I sincerely thank you all.

Social Distancing is currently being strengthened in Korea due to the re-proliferation of COVID19.

The development team will have time to recharge during the end of the year holiday considering these external environments and development schedules.

This may cause the next update to be delayed a little longer.

We will let you know the exact date as soon as possible.

Although the update has been delayed, the development team will do its best to show you better content!

Thank you very much.

Below fixes and changes have already applied. There'll be no server downtime.

Fixed bugs:
  • Game controller
    • Fixed a bug that the mouse cursor disappeared in a specific condition.
    • Fixed a bug that some key input didn't work in a specific UI.
    • Zoom in/out function has been changed to be operated by DPAD up/down.
    • Upper menu selects and [ Grant Battle Command ] select function has been changed to be operated by 'LT + Up/Down'.

• Fixed a bug that Anne's aura type buff was removed in a specific condition.

Changes:
  • Changed the level 47 violent case, [ The northern extremity of the Shadow Wall culvert ].
    - [ Baby ash-covered Yasha ] will appear 300 action time after the mission starts.
    - Increased the appearance interval of [ Baby ash-covered Yasha ].
  • Added the effect of [ decrease Block by 10% ] and [ decrease Dodge by 10% ] to [ Taunt ] debuff.
  • [ Twister Kick ] Changed the [Suppression possible] to [Unavoidable] .
  • Changed the damage of [ Straight Thrust ] to be increased.
  • Changed the percentage of 'decrease damage' effect in [ Weapon Return ] from 25% to 33%.
  • Changed the effect of Action Time decrease in [ An opportunity not be lost ] from 10 to 30.
  • In the case of the abilities like [ Snatch ] and [ Frost Crescent Kick ] that make characters move to the enemies, you can check the location after use in the [ Combat Preview ] mode.
  • Reduced the required EXP in crafting by 20%.
  • You can check the Bonding Traits on the bottom right of the screen while you are on a mission.
  • Quests about Javer has changed to be repeatable.
    - We received the report that there is a bug on this quest. This quest update will be applied again after stabilization work. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom