Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children - isometric tactical Korean SRPG

Sjukob

Arcane
bandicam-2022-02-26-19-37-33-150.png

bandicam-2022-02-26-19-37-33-971.png

1563269856508.jpg

InSight

Learned
Possibly Retarded
Fuck, I hate everything about pet management, it looks like it was purposefully designed to be annoying.
  1. Taming process is bullshit. Not only you have to get a fragile character close to the enemy, but she also needs to stand still for a while, and if the beast gets harmed in any way the process fails. In this game AOE shit and responsive attacks get spammed left and right, and 95% of attacks that connect oneshot the target, unless it has impulse fields or something;
  2. Who the fuck thought that it would be a good idea to hide a bunch of important hunter masteries behind Jeff? You meet him way after Giselle joins and I can not think of any reason to do it other than to annoy the player. I didn't even bother with pets at all until I got them. Having his masteries allows you to tame legendaries, massively speeds up beast leveling and allows you to tame them 2 times faster. All of it should've been available to Giselle from the start. I am getting sick of this mastery gatekeeping bullshit!
  3. Beast leveling and mastery acquisition. Certain masteries, not even just the ones specific to the beasts, can only be acquired by taming beasts and leveling them up. Great, just fucking great, more grind on top of already existing grind! Thankfully Ashuram has a good video about beast leveling, which helped me a lot;
  4. A very big number of important masteries for beasts is hidden behind end game enemies. This is a big issue for characters as well, but the beasts just have it way worse in general, also they can't equip gear, aside from trinkets, so they have no ways to compensate for their downsides until they get the masteries. Oh and all of the good trinkets are late game exclusive;
  5. Loyalty is also annoying. Characters motivation is very simple, if it gets low you simply buy some food for them or take a break from the game. With beasts however you are absolutely recquired to sucussfully complete the missions, there's no other way to raise it.
Right now I am looking at my electric bullfrogs, mutant spiders, fire breathing timas and other abominations. But I have no idea how to deal even with simplistic things, like raising their hit chance to adequate levels or stacking enough defenses. They can't use gear or cover, so they are a free kill for enemy gunners or even melee dudes, especially bosses, also I can't imagine them killing shit with high dodge, like those white tiger dudes with knives, for example.

Surprisingly I've been very sucessful with building a tank ice tima, it has frost mane ability, which functions exactly like iron wall does, and being an ice user it has a good selection of defensive masteries, the beasts have some very good defensive masteries in general, so it's almost like having a second Irene on the field. But aside from that I have no idea how to use any other animal.

One should consider them as additional layer of mechanical exploration. More things to toy around with in the game.

Its been a long time since it been played thus the following may be invalid due to failure in memory or the info is outdated.
Game advice on which one pet to use if one has not known/discovered/found already:
One can recommend the orange/rock/earth large spider monster. Them and another type, the black one perhaps, are capable of placing cobweb that greatly increase their defenses/dodge if they remain inside them, making them waste enemies turns on them.

They should also include a jumping strike which if recalled, is Aera of Effect which does not need hit chance and grants a turn of untargetability. In addition their should be an attack that can heal them.

With these, one could safely send them away to preoccupy 2-3 enemies over large distances away from the team and survive.

The large rainbow bat creature should have a buffing ability which was of use once or twice.
There are also the dragon pets near the end. Some of them with the iron wall ability if its the one that grants cover.

Last edited:

belated

Augur
Most annoying thing with pets is planning to tame a legendary and spending 1.5 hours on the map, only to be told you've already reached the limit of 4 pets of that type... Wish they gave me an option then and there to get rid of one of the others.

After that I decided to only tame legendaries (keeping one regular for sniper-Giselle though).

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
Fuck, that means I have to reinstall and play the DLC. I quit once I got to the DLC because crafting became a requirement and I hate crafting. No way to buy weapons for the two characters you get in the DLC and I couldn't figure out how to get one of the crafting mats so I quit there.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Sjukob

Arcane
InSight
I think that ice tima is as good as it gets early on. I built one as a counterattack/freezing bot with "can't wait anymore" mastery set so it can reposition itself at least occasionally. The problem is that there's nothing that complements counterattacks on it aside from "unpredictable" mastery set, but you can't equip it, because beasts (timas at least) are extremely limited with mastery slots, they can't equip those human exclusive masteries that increase number of slots in specific mastery groups, that hurts them a lot, the individual training masteries that do the same thing don't help much. I am happy with my tima at the moment, it doesn't even need to one shot enemies, it just needs to connect with it's attack to freeze enemies, thanks to shatter mastery and it's ability which applies frostbite to all enemies around it the damage is not the issue, I see it critting humans for 11-12k regularly, in my party only Sion hits harder.

I will try to play around with earth affilated beasts once I have enough masteries to stack 100% block on them, the same way Ashuram did it in his video about flower garden crabmint.

I too think that yashas have something going for them, but I just don't have enough masteries to build them properly, I will save them for later.

Dororis seem useless to me. May be explorer dorori can do something cool when paired with Anne, but I'm not sure about it.

I've heard that drakis and crabmints are generally much better than the other pets, I'll check them out once I finally get to them.

Most annoying thing with pets is planning to tame a legendary and spending 1.5 hours on the map, only to be told you've already reached the limit of 4 pets of that type... Wish they gave me an option then and there to get rid of one of the others.

After that I decided to only tame legendaries (keeping one regular for sniper-Giselle though).
The whole process is retarded. You have make sure that the beast doesn't get poisoned/bled/burned/shocked etc, the AOE and responsive attacks get spammed everywhere in this game, nevermind that beasts come loaded with poison/fire/ice sacks and other shit that makes them explode on death, and half of them have second heart/hybernation/cheating death or other shit that makes them explode twice, then you have to place a squishy character next to a beast for a long ass period of time and keep both of them alive. Something dares to fart next to ranger Heixing? Overwatch triggers, triggered overwatch triggers pincers, pincers trigger support fire from Heixing, support fire triggers support fire from other characters, Heixing just lowered his AT by 9000 and now it's his turn again and everything in his field of view is dead start over from step 1. Oh and by the way you have to watch out that Giselle doesn't get killed by forestallment or some other shit on her way, I once wasted an hour long attempt to tame a legendary beast, because it had forestallment and I didn't know that, because there are no fucking warnings in the game that your action will trigger enemy forestallment/counterattack/close suppressive fire/comradeship or something else. I've tamed albino and spotted negoris to get their masteries, I am never playing that contaminated area piece of shit map ever again. Fuck everything about taming in this game.

Who are these baboons that don't want a sequel because they can't be arsed to start all over again?
Grind can be pretty annoying, I am 150 hours in and haven't even got the DLC content yet. I like trying different builds, but acquiring enough masteries and gear for those builds to start working, not so much. The devs need to reduce the grind and focus on creating diverse and challenging encounters.

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/470310/view/3108051661690972160

Art Book of "White Lion and Black Witch" Release Announcement
0bc1b94461b0745c4e291ce3c96ffb3c631ad646.jpg

Hello everyone! This is the Troubleshooter Development team.

We added an Art Book for "White Lion and Black Witch" and a bundle called "Troubleshooter: Art Collection" on Steam. The Art Collection includes all of our released Artbook and OST so on.

1. About the Art Book of "White Lion and Black Witch"

The Art Book of "White Lion and Black Witch" is a total of 116 pages, and will be sold at $4.99.

Unlike the former one that we had released, this Art Book fully includes the development process and the draft for new character costumes that the development team has been recently working on.

We will invest all our profits from Art Book in creating more various costumes. And with the profits from our new costumes, we will repay you with joy by investing them into more content updates.

2. About "Troubleshooter: Art Collection" Bundle

We have released a bundle set that includes Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children and our free DLC "White Lion and Black Witch" with all the Art Book and OST released so far. It will always give you a 10% discount on the total price.

https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/24855/TROUBLESHOOTER_Art_Collection/

If you purchase the Art Collection, you can get the Art Book and OST that you haven't bought for a 10% discounted price. Anyone willing to buy all the new Art books and OST can save their money by purchasing the Art Collection.

3. Information of current development state

Please accept our apologies for only announcing new merchandise but not another DLC.

For now, the development team is working on a new content called "The Joint Training"

"The Joint Training" is composed of "Single Player PVE mode" and "PVP mode". In PVE mode, you can create your own team and fight 8 enemies. You can even freely compete with other players with the PVP mode.

We are planning to update "The Joint Training" in march. We will bring you more information with a detailed development roadmap when our new content gets more concrete shape later.

44be74049f0f46fc5bf38c8d9571649bec4d3a77.jpg

< We are referring to the latest popular MOBA games for developing the character selection of "The Joint Training"
Dumpling
>

Since Korea is experiencing a sudden increase of patients with COVID-19, our development has been delayed due to quarantine.

We are truly sorry again for all those who are waiting for new content for our game since we didn't come up with any news.

We'll give our best to be a better development team for Troubleshooter.

Thank you very much.

Luka-boy

Arcane
For now, the development team is working on a new content called "The Joint Training"

"The Joint Training" is composed of "Single Player PVE mode" and "PVP mode". In PVE mode, you can create your own team and fight 8 enemies. You can even freely compete with other players with the PVP mode.

We are planning to update "The Joint Training" in march. We will bring you more information with a detailed development roadmap when our new content gets more concrete shape later.

44be74049f0f46fc5bf38c8d9571649bec4d3a77.jpg
I normally don't give a damn about PVP in games but I'm looking forward to seeing the crazy builds and counter-builds people will come up with.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I'd expect mastery values to be adjusted for PvP and for PvP builds to be their own thing. That would be the sensible thing to do, both because proper balance is more necessary in PvP and because PvE builds are already pretty much known and settled, so giving buildfags a whole new set of balancing issues would extend their interest in the game.

I think headroom has been built into the system from the beginning for that, because of the ease of having numerous named builds in the game, and the way that new build slots, beyond the first few that are free, are tied to the special in-game currency - the coins you get from filling out the bestiary. If you were to get those coins from victory in PvP too, that would mean people could have lots of PvP-specialized builds, which would in turn mean you'd have to do more PvE to get the spare masteries to fill them, which would also extend the life of the PvE in the game.

If they get it right, PvP in this game would be absolutely amazing.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Btw how is OFFline mode works? Can i launch it without internet or i need to prepare high seas version after all? Because i have no confidence in the future.

Zumbabul

Savant
Btw how is OFFline mode works? Can i launch it without internet or i need to prepare high seas version after all? Because i have no confidence in the future.

It works without internet. You can convert your online save to offline.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Installing clean one i bought on my poe and ddo steam acc last time. Will play it when internet is down so no spoilers for masteries.

NSN0tXU.jpg

it's going to work flawlessly, until it'll burn your saves for no reason. it can happen a week down the line, it can happen two hours after beginning.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
If you regularly create backups of your Troubleshooter saves, any corruption or similar problems won't be (much of) an issue. :M

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yes, they do apologize, and belittle their own game. There was an issue with the update, that is being updated as we speak. This issue has given them even more reason to apologize.

[Notice] Contents Update and System Maintenance Announcement
080d7a48ace93050597a8d59cdf13b525e53cb5f.jpg

Hello everyone, this is the Troubleshooter development team.

First of all, thank you to everyone who has been waiting for our updates for a long time.

The development team is building graphic resources for the next DLC and also building some costume concepts that were introduced in the artbook .

We're going to improve the shortcomings of the game. At the same time, we're going to introduce various game mode using the Joint Drill that is updated today.

Joint Drill provides both PVE and PVP.

Both mode still has lots of shorcomings. However, we will continue to improve with the mindset that today's update is not the end, but the beginning.

We're sorry that we couldn't update more often due to the lack of the team.

The development team will do its best again to show you more updates.

We beg to inform you that the game contents update and system maintenance.

• During the maintenance, players who use the Online mode can't play the game.
  • Please end the game normally before the maintenance begins.
  • During the maintenance, players who use the Offline mode can play the game.

Maintenance Schedule
  • Daylight saving time is not applied.
  • Date: April 11th, 2022
  • Monday 10:00 ~ 13:00 CET
  • Monday 17:00 ~ 20:00 JST
  • Monday 01:00 ~ 04:00 PST
  • Monday 08:00 ~ 11:00 UTC

Update Details:
  • Added an 'Joint Drill'.
    • Once you complete the scenario mission 'To Not Regret... - Drill Hall of the Wind Wall District VHPD' of White Lion and Black Witch, a quest will be activated through Roberto on the Shooter Street.
    • 'Joint Drill' is a kind of mission that has to defeat small amount of elite enemies. This content still lacks in many areas. But the dev team will improve it throught the continuous update.
    • If you are using the online mode, you can play 'Friendly Joint Drill' with other player on the Shooter Street. You can find the menu by clicking right mouse button on the other player.
  • Added an 'Mind-Body Unity' mode on the 'Additional Game Difficulty Settings'.
    • 'Overload' will be activated if you select the mode.
    • 'Overload' is applied to prevent an unit acts multiple times through repetitive recover of the Action Point or an unit gets its turn faster than the minimum Action Time. It will make game harder.
  • Added an 'Show Max HP' on the game option. When the option is activated, the HP digits will be displayed in yellow when an unit's HP is full. You can find this in 'GAMEPLAY' category.
  • Added an 'Add to my favorite' function on the Jukebox. You can listing the music you want to listen to and listen them.
  • Added Anne's costume art to the artbook.

• Changed the 'Minimize Camera Movement' to 'Minimize Camera Movement' and the subject of application of the function was subdivided.
  • Changed the earning EXP message log of max level character to be hided.
  • Changed the amount of information point from 1 point to 25% points of its max point when you evolve the beasts you tamed yourself.
  • Changed the effect area to be displayed when you use the 'Spin Cutter'.
  • Changed the tooltip of ESP Power on the character information to be displayed the attack damage.

• Fixed a bug that the 'Sub Attack Equipment' and 'Sub Support Equipment' of some machine units cannot be acquired through the reward on the Troublemaker List.

Thank you.

DakaSha

Arcane
Can't say I'm particularly enjoying the first few hours. Cheesy dialogue and easy chaff enemies (on hard difficultly) that just lead to really long drawn out boring missions.

When can I expect the game to get more difficult, so that the systems actually become important.

Also the stupid training manuals seem to discourage experimentation which frankly (seems to) make no sense

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom