Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children - isometric tactical Korean SRPG

Luka-boy

Arcane
Has the translation been improved since Dec 2020? That's when I played it and I found the game's translation to be so bad that I refunded it. I might be willing to give it another go if they've improved it.
They definitely improved it quite a bit thanks to community suggestions pointing out the worst offenders to the devs and them taking note of them, though you can still tell English isn't their native language because some sentences every now and then can still be a little weird.

It would really depend on your level of tolerance for the odd sentence here and there, but it's not "What a beautiful Duwang" city anymore.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Has the translation been improved since Dec 2020? That's when I played it and I found the game's translation to be so bad that I refunded it. I might be willing to give it another go if they've improved it.

I found it passable in November 2020, so I don't know what to say. There was never a point at which I didn't understand anything. Any problems were more to do with the occasional idiom glitch rather than straight up incomprehensibility.

I gather it's an ongoing project by fans in conjunction with the team to refine the translation as they go, so I should think they've ironed out the worst stuff by now.

You shouldn't let that stop you from playing the game anyway though, it's one of the few modern gems (albeit fairly low budget obviously) - I'm sure anyone who loves tactical gameplay and either likes anime or can get over their dislike of it, will love the game (though it does take a wee while, and the accumulation of sufficient "masteries," to build up a head of steam, but at some point the bug will bite and you won't be able to think of anything else for a few weeks :) ).

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
From what I've heard the writing is just as janky in Korean. I'm pretty sure they had a tard write the story and dialogue

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
If writing is important to you, skip the game.

I'm saying this as a big fan, and purchaser of many gift copies.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
d8097vA.jpg

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
[Notice] Sharing Development Team's Status
Hello everyone, this is the Troubleshooter development team.

As the building where the development team resides was partially recovered from the flood damage, the development team returned to work.

However, the building's elevators and water purification facilities have not been restored, causing problems in normal work.

The development team is focused on fixing urgent bugs and stabilizing servers.

We are doing our best for ordinary work, but we ask for your understanding of the difficulties caused by the external environment.

Thank you.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Grabbed it recently.

Should I played online, or is it not really worth the bother ?

The only important difference is that there are changes in the rewards depending on when lots of people are beating a particular "danger zone" (it's a while since played so I forget the proper term - you know, the extra-tough zones with lots of mobs that have lots of good drops). When sufficient numbers of players have completed one of those areas, the rewards bump up for a few hours, so it's worth doing those zones in that window of opportunity. You can see the information about that in a ticker at the top of the screen on one of the information screens. Sorry to be so vague, but hopefully that should be enough info to get you to figure it out for yourself :)

Also, there's shared information about who's doing the most kills, etc., etc.

Also, you "meet" and can talk to other people in the "shopping zone" (forget its name), like in an MMO. I think the multiplayer aspect was always prep for something bigger, but they've never managed to get that far.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Life of Ashuram has a series of him going through the story with a fresh company that started back in July. If anybody's contemplating giving the game a try, it shows the gameplay, and as someone who has a deep knowledge of the game and does excellent endgame builds, his vocalized thinking re. building and equipping the characters at early-to-mid levels might be useful and informative to someone starting out.

(If you want to avoid spoilers re. story, it's easy to flick to the bits where he talks about builds by hovering over the timeline and spotting the equip/mastery screens in the sliding thumbnail there.)

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/470310/view/3325366907280783333
[Notice] Announcement on upcoming schedules for development

How are you doing these days?
First of all, we greatly thank you for all the kind encouragement that is given to us about the damage from the flood. Although our development is heavily delayed by the flood, we development team had the time to recover thanks to your understanding.

We had been developing this game and pursue our dreams to improve it for over 4 years. All thanks to your enthusiasm about our game. Early Access on 2017 December 31, official release on 2020 April 23, and the release of our first DLC "White Lion and Black Witch" on 2021 December 22, all these achievements couldn't be done without your support and love that you showed to us.

We will do our best to deliver you the joy and thrill of the world of "Troubleshooter". We know that we sometimes disappoint you for our slow update due to lack of our development skills, but we will never give up on this.

The following announcement is about our current development status and future roadmaps.

1. About our new DLC "Crimson Crow"

fd821a9d445a487991f6bd10b877641b3dff3857.jpg

Our team has started the development of our new DLC "Crimson Crow" since the late of last July. The DLC contains about 8 scenario chapter long, and its story is heavily related to our new character "Misty Jäger". Misty is also the one who would be joining your company later. There will be 8 scenario missions and 2 violent cases and we're planning on something more than that. We'll show you about that later on.

Concerning our current situation, releasing the DLC after finishing it will take a very long time.
So we will release the DLC with the same method as we did in "White Lion and Black Witch". We will update the game for every 3 or 4 weeks, and we're looking forward to finish the development in 6 or 8 months. But we apologize in advance for our lack of development skills and unpredictable accidents like the flood delaying the updates. Please understand that we're doing our best to deliver you the best experience.

Due to the update plan above, we're going to sell the DLC in form of "Season Pass" at a price of about 10$. We also know that there are several worries about this business model, and it's fairly reasonable since we acknowledged our lack of development skills for many times. Although we decided to use this business model to raise fund for our development, we will do our best to present you the satisfaction that are worth the price at the end of the Season Pass.

We're looking forward to release the first update of the "Crimson Crow" DLC at the early of October.

We'll make an announcement again when we confirm our development schedule.

Thank you.

2. About the Costumes DLC

1ff308d7c313b62d228daac753b2467f1d27e3bb.jpg

c04f8082166bb694b833466add68cc56b18f4515.jpg

Since Early Access of the game, there were several feedbacks requesting more various costumes for their characters. So we started developing it to satisfy our fans and for more stable development right after the "White Lion and Black Witch" DLC. The concept design started at the early of this year but the actual development is delayed due to our excessive ambitions about those costumes. We now completed development of new costumes for 7 out of 11 characters.

For each character, we are making 2 to 3 costumes that has completely new concept, and 4 costumes including the ones that has different color based on those costumes. It takes about average of 4 weeks to make a costume, and those are consequently delaying the development process of "Crimson Crow" DLC.

Since we can't delay the release of DLC no more, we decided to create other costumes in parallel with the DLC and we're planning to finish the work before the completion of "Crimson Crown" DLC. Every costume that are available will be sold at 4$ for each character. We're also going to release a bundle set for those who want to collect all the costumes at discounted price. We're going to do our best. We'll release the product as soon as it's finished.

We expect you to show a lot of love for our new product.

3. About future roadmap

8549b4ac2cd73f10f70325aad8fac326ec754281.jpg

Before the "Crimson Crow" DLC we'll continue on maintenance job and minor updates for every 2 or 3 weeks as we did usually. But our next update is going to be slightly delayed due to the damage from the flood.

After launching Season Pass for "Crimson Crow" we'll concentrate our all resources for developing "Crimson Crow" DLC. And after its completion, we're going to prepare for our next season of Troubleshooter series, the "Troubleshooter: Banished Children". This includes pushing ourselves through more challenging works such as improving processing or changing our game engine to improve the 3D graphic quality. As always, these kind of works will take a lot of time and efforts, but as we always did, we'll repay you wth better contents as we take more time.

Thank you for always supporting our development team.

Thank you.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/470310/view/3325366907280783333
[Notice] Announcement on upcoming schedules for development

How are you doing these days?
First of all, we greatly thank you for all the kind encouragement that is given to us about the damage from the flood. Although our development is heavily delayed by the flood, we development team had the time to recover thanks to your understanding.

We had been developing this game and pursue our dreams to improve it for over 4 years. All thanks to your enthusiasm about our game. Early Access on 2017 December 31, official release on 2020 April 23, and the release of our first DLC "White Lion and Black Witch" on 2021 December 22, all these achievements couldn't be done without your support and love that you showed to us.

We will do our best to deliver you the joy and thrill of the world of "Troubleshooter". We know that we sometimes disappoint you for our slow update due to lack of our development skills, but we will never give up on this.

The following announcement is about our current development status and future roadmaps.

1. About our new DLC "Crimson Crow"

fd821a9d445a487991f6bd10b877641b3dff3857.jpg

Our team has started the development of our new DLC "Crimson Crow" since the late of last July. The DLC contains about 8 scenario chapter long, and its story is heavily related to our new character "Misty Jäger". Misty is also the one who would be joining your company later. There will be 8 scenario missions and 2 violent cases and we're planning on something more than that. We'll show you about that later on.

Concerning our current situation, releasing the DLC after finishing it will take a very long time.
So we will release the DLC with the same method as we did in "White Lion and Black Witch". We will update the game for every 3 or 4 weeks, and we're looking forward to finish the development in 6 or 8 months. But we apologize in advance for our lack of development skills and unpredictable accidents like the flood delaying the updates. Please understand that we're doing our best to deliver you the best experience.

Due to the update plan above, we're going to sell the DLC in form of "Season Pass" at a price of about 10$. We also know that there are several worries about this business model, and it's fairly reasonable since we acknowledged our lack of development skills for many times. Although we decided to use this business model to raise fund for our development, we will do our best to present you the satisfaction that are worth the price at the end of the Season Pass.

We're looking forward to release the first update of the "Crimson Crow" DLC at the early of October.

We'll make an announcement again when we confirm our development schedule.

Thank you.

2. About the Costumes DLC

1ff308d7c313b62d228daac753b2467f1d27e3bb.jpg

c04f8082166bb694b833466add68cc56b18f4515.jpg

Since Early Access of the game, there were several feedbacks requesting more various costumes for their characters. So we started developing it to satisfy our fans and for more stable development right after the "White Lion and Black Witch" DLC. The concept design started at the early of this year but the actual development is delayed due to our excessive ambitions about those costumes. We now completed development of new costumes for 7 out of 11 characters.

For each character, we are making 2 to 3 costumes that has completely new concept, and 4 costumes including the ones that has different color based on those costumes. It takes about average of 4 weeks to make a costume, and those are consequently delaying the development process of "Crimson Crow" DLC.

Since we can't delay the release of DLC no more, we decided to create other costumes in parallel with the DLC and we're planning to finish the work before the completion of "Crimson Crown" DLC. Every costume that are available will be sold at 4$ for each character. We're also going to release a bundle set for those who want to collect all the costumes at discounted price. We're going to do our best. We'll release the product as soon as it's finished.

We expect you to show a lot of love for our new product.

3. About future roadmap

8549b4ac2cd73f10f70325aad8fac326ec754281.jpg

Before the "Crimson Crow" DLC we'll continue on maintenance job and minor updates for every 2 or 3 weeks as we did usually. But our next update is going to be slightly delayed due to the damage from the flood.

After launching Season Pass for "Crimson Crow" we'll concentrate our all resources for developing "Crimson Crow" DLC. And after its completion, we're going to prepare for our next season of Troubleshooter series, the "Troubleshooter: Banished Children". This includes pushing ourselves through more challenging works such as improving processing or changing our game engine to improve the 3D graphic quality. As always, these kind of works will take a lot of time and efforts, but as we always did, we'll repay you wth better contents as we take more time.

Thank you for always supporting our development team.

Thank you.

Gawd bless 'em. (Some great cozzies there too.)

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
we apologize in advance for ... unpredictable accidents like the flood delaying the updates.
lol

last Albus and Irene are peak design :-D still going to buy all dlcs even when I hate costume dlcs with passion

edit so costumes cost 4d for each char so 44d total. around twice as much as base game :lol: oh well base game cost was too cheap anyway

Last edited:

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I've kind of wandered back into playing this again, and I was thinking about what makes the mastery system such buildfag heaven.

I think it's something to do with the fact that (as in many other types of games, to be sure) there are no primary stats for the player to make an initial choice about. Like, you're not building your character's body and mind, so to speak (as you would be in D&D or whatever), you're only tweaking (via gear and mastery combinations) their secondary stats, which are fixed to a particular base by their class (with the masteries then also doing all sorts of other interesting things to gameplay aside from tweaking secondary stats).

I do love building characters from the ground up in those other "classic" types of RPG systems, I love the thing of building a character that has a certain nature that you're stuck with (bar tweaking the main primary stat) for the rest of the game. But I can see now how that layer of simulationist freedom has repercussions that make designing good gameplay and a good build system more difficult - and at the same time, removes a bunch of potential player choices further down the line.

Put it this way:- with primary stats, the player has an initial degree of freedom to choose indirectly certain secondary stats (which are what matter for gameplay). However, the developers don't know what that initial player choice is going to be, so they're constrained in the type of gameplay they can offer, if they want to maintain balance. Secondary stat tweaking that the player can do via gear has to be measly, otherwise things could get out of hand pretty quickly.

Without primary stats, all the focus for both devs and player can be on the secondary stats that actually affect gameplay - but this time the devs have full control of what they can offer, and the player has full control over what they choose out of what the devs offer.

And what that means is that you can get the sort of gameplay where abilities can do "ridiculous" things (both mobs' and players' abilities can get really spectacular "holy shit!" style), but the balance doesn't necessarily go out of whack on account of that, because it's all within developers' control - there's no layer of random player choice of initial primary stats (versus mob stats) that they have to cope with.

Last edited:

KateMicucci

Arcane
Thank you rpgcodex for recommending this game that I never would have given a second look. Take away 75% of the story segments and women's clothes and it would be 10/10

KateMicucci

Arcane
I've kind of wandered back into playing this again, and I was thinking about what makes the mastery system such buildfag heaven.

I think it's something to do with the fact that (as in many other types of games, to be sure) there are no primary stats for the player to make an initial choice about. Like, you're not building your character's body and mind, so to speak (as you would be in D&D or whatever), you're only tweaking (via gear and mastery combinations) their secondary stats, which are fixed to a particular base by their class (with the masteries then also doing all sorts of other interesting things to gameplay aside from tweaking secondary stats).

I do love building characters from the ground up in those other "classic" types of RPG systems, I love the thing of building a character that has a certain nature that you're stuck with (bar tweaking the main primary stat) for the rest of the game. But I can see now how that layer of simulationist freedom has repercussions that make designing good gameplay and a good build system more difficult - and at the same time, removes a bunch of potential player choices further down the line.

Put it this way:- with primary stats, the player has an initial degree of freedom to choose indirectly certain secondary stats (which are what matter for gameplay). However, the developers don't know what that initial player choice is going to be, so they're constrained in the type of gameplay they can offer, if they want to maintain balance. Secondary stat tweaking that the player can do via gear has to be measly, otherwise things could get out of hand pretty quickly.

Without primary stats, all the focus for both devs and player can be on the secondary stats that actually affect gameplay - but this time the devs have full control of what they can offer, and the player has full control over what they choose out of what the devs offer.

And what that means is that you can get the sort of gameplay where abilities can do "ridiculous" things (both mobs' and players' abilities can get really spectacular "holy shit!" style), but the balance doesn't necessarily go out of whack on account of that, because it's all within developers' control - there's no layer of random player choice of initial primary stats (versus mob stats) that they have to cope with.
Yeah bro I hate when a game wants to lock me into picking my character's stats before I've even played a bit to figure out how the system works.

Lhynn

Arcane
This games development has been in stages, the late game translations get better, as theres more of a community to help them with it.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I'm lvl 21 on my new company, and I noticed an amusing little detail on getting Heixing into the team that I'd never noticed before. Irene is embarrassed by Heixing's topless condition and has a "Loathing for Overexposure" in her friends conditions, which cuts down friendship gained by 50%! Needless to say I put that red/black top on Heixing ASAP.

I've played 2 companies prior to this one (one to max, the other half-way) and never noticed that before :)

That's my new thing I've learnt for the day :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom