Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children - isometric tactical Korean SRPG

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
It was Heixing and that blue-haired engineer lady against two enemies, and after the mission the lady joined the crew. Anyway, doesn't matter, it's done now. I wish the game would make me git gud in the proper missions rather than via this gimmick.

Ah of course lol. Infamous mission. It’s the only one of its kind and bizarrely difficult compared to… just about anything really. There’s easy ways to beat it of course but don’t worry. You basically won’t have to deal with anything like that again.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Better start looking forward to the Misty solo mission! :dance:

That shit can be cheesed so easily because Hide is stupid though :D
Yeah, but I think getting the "beat up everyone without being noticed" achievement still took me a while. Probably didn't need that one to unlock a mastery though.

That sounds like ass-cancer to do, yeah. I don't know about a mastery that requires that (did know about the achievement), and in either case I'm doing a dodge tank build for now so I'm happy with my current masteries.

The Heixing and Kylie thing is required to progress, period, though. And it's a scenario where a shit build basic class Kylie (which you can't change) with no drones and Heixing - in almost any form - are pretty poorly fit for.

It's doable - easily even if you know the tricks, since bleed builds will absolutely crush the fat man - but it is a cunt mission in a way I can't recall any other mission being.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Hmm, can't say I remember that one, but it's been a while. I used Heixing a ton as soon as I unlocked him though, he's a beast when built around overwatch and insanely mobile. I do recall struggling with Kylie a bit before I figured out the way her powers work.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
It was Heixing and that blue-haired engineer lady against two enemies, and after the mission the lady joined the crew. Anyway, doesn't matter, it's done now. I wish the game would make me git gud in the proper missions rather than via this gimmick.
For future reference here's how I handled that

Nov 23 17:49:06 <Roguey> Watched a video of someone playing that mission, he died once and the second time he got incredibly lucky with crits

Nov 24 20:28:02 <Roguey> I put in all that work today and only gained one level but I did get a bunch of masteries so maybe I'll be able to pull it off next time

Nov 25 11:24:19 <Roguey> All that grinding paid off, got it in one try, now I can move forward

The solution - grind for masteries.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
ki92l6.jpg

all right, which one of you nerds is this

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Ah of course lol. Infamous mission. It’s the only one of its kind and bizarrely difficult compared to… just about anything really. There’s easy ways to beat it of course but don’t worry. You basically won’t have to deal with anything like that again.
I recall having a bit of trouble with the Kylie/Heixing mission in my first playthrough, perhaps restarting it due to the one of two enemies taking forever to kill, but it was quite easy in my second playthrough.

terrible taste in waifu man

just terrible
I hate all anime, chose a company leader at random
ptm3X3R.png

Shaki

Arbiter
meh. irene best girl.
Yes, Irene is the low int, pure power and righteousness Paladin archetype that Codex always wants in games, literally just see villain - smash villain, none of that reddit shit about "muh deep and complicated snowflake characters".

HoboForEternity

LIBERAL PROPAGANDIST
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
As far as fantasy goes, goth girls with daddy issues makes me feel something, so bianca fits the bill. Not something i want to deal irl, but she's just uguguggghhh chef kiss.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom