Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail - Serbian pillow talk, turning Tricks, taking tips

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Are the best knives in the game findable or craftable?
crafted items are way better than whatever you can find, knives aren't different in that aspect

Thank you. I heard there is a unique knife called kukri with 20% base crit, which is supposed to be the best knife in the game. Anyone know if this is true?
Yeah it's very good, but also depends on your build. Knife builds tend to use bleeding feats a lot so you'll also go for serrated shock knives that add bleed. Pneumatic fists that add bleeding and stun the enemy every 4th hit with +200% damage are also great for dex builds.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Styg I would like to request an improvement on the "Cut-Throat" feat. I have a dex melee build and it's the only feat I've regretted getting.

-Firstly, it's a lot of fuss to make it work since you have to sneak up from behind. Sometimes the hit misses simply because you aren't perfectly aligned behind the victim. I suggest you give it a wider angle of use.
-Secondly, even though the feat bypasses all resistances and shields, it misses quite a few times, probably because the victim miraculously dodges, this is unbelievably frustrating, especially for a feat that takes so much preparation. I would suggest a heavy dodge penalty for the victim.
-Third, even if I get behind and perform it, it just isn't very useful. So I've killed one of the 3-5 enemies in the area, so what? This feat requires 30 AP and since I've come out of stealth I now have next to no AP and very few movement points, which means I have almost no remaining options for that turn. Cut throat is always used by a high dex build which means mobility and easy incapacitating options. Without thinking of performing cut throat, I could have sneaked among two enemies and incapacitated them both in the same turn. With my high initiative and mobility, I could have also appeared without stealth and incapacitate/kill 3 of them in the first turn. I highly suggest making it take only 15AP.

Urbanolo

Augur
Styg I would like to request an improvement on the "Cut-Throat" feat. I have a dex melee build and it's the only feat I've regretted getting.

-Firstly, it's a lot of fuss to make it work since you have to sneak up from behind. Sometimes the hit misses simply because you aren't perfectly aligned behind the victim. I suggest you give it a wider angle of use.
-Secondly, even though the feat bypasses all resistances and shields, it misses quite a few times, probably because the victim miraculously dodges, this is unbelievably frustrating, especially for a feat that takes so much preparation. I would suggest a heavy dodge penalty for the victim.
-Third, even if I get behind and perform it, it just isn't very useful. So I've killed one of the 3-5 enemies in the area, so what? This feat requires 30 AP and since I've come out of stealth I now have next to no AP and very few movement points, which means I have almost no remaining options for that turn. Cut throat is always used by a high dex build which means mobility and easy incapacitating options. Without thinking of performing cut throat, I could have sneaked among two enemies and incapacitated them both in the same turn. With my high initiative and mobility, I could have also appeared without stealth and incapacitate/kill 3 of them in the first turn. I highly suggest making it take only 15AP.
Cutthroat is great, for example to single out mutants in Depot A. It's situational, but very powerful and fun to use.

Coyote

Arcane
  • Based on comparing minimum detection thresholds with and without Trap Expert, detection difficulty appears to scale linearly with the Traps skill, and Trap Expert confers the same advantage to detection difficulty as having 25% more points in Traps. However, there is one important exception: if an enemy is capable of disarming a trap but should not be capable of detecting it due to the combination of your Traps skill and the Trap Expert feat, he will detect it anyway. For example, without Trap Expert the stealthed crossbow bandit on the way from SGS to Rail Crossing can disarm traps up to a skill level of 99 and detect them up to 107. If you have 96 skill and Trap Expert, he'll detect a trap upon placing it, even though its detection difficulty should be the equivalent of a trap placed with 120 skill.
Trap detection does not necessarily equal general detection: http://www.underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Traps#Detection

I'm aware of that, but I'm not sure what it has to do with the behavior I'm describing:

- Crossbow bandit is incapable of detecting a trap placed by a character with 108+ Traps skill. Presumably this means that both his pure detection and hybrid detection scores are insufficient to overcome the trap's detection difficulty, since the game uses the greater of the two to determine whether a trap is detected.
- In all other cases I've tested, Trap Expert is effectively the same as increasing your Traps skill by 25% for the sake of increasing your traps' detection difficulty.
- Therefore, crossbow bandit should theoretically be incapable of detecting a trap placed by a character with 87+ Traps skill and Trap Expert.
- Instead, crossbow bandit immediately moves to disarm any trap placed with up to 99 Traps skill, same as he would without Trap Expert.
- At 100 Traps skill with Trap Expert, crossbow bandit is unable to detect trap.

To me, that looks a lot like the game is checking whether an NPC is capable of disarming a trap regardless of whether he should be capable of detecting it in the first place. If it was just a question of how he's detecting it, then it shouldn't matter whether a trap's detection difficulty is derived from your Traps skill alone or Traps skill + Trap Expertise, just that it's high enough to overcome the greater of his pure/hybrid trap detection scores.

tred

Augur
Any "must bring item" to take to Deep Caverns? I saw someone saying that a fire suit was a must. Anything else?

ArchAngel

Arcane
Any "must bring item" to take to Deep Caverns? I saw someone saying that a fire suit was a must. Anything else?
You find couple of fire suits and I have not yet found a reason to use it. If you are a crossbow user, bring as much special bolts and components for those that you can.

Other than plenty of consumables, anything you need you can find down there.

If you want, there are super high quality materials down there for crafting. But you won't have access to your tables, so you may not have high enough skill to pull it off.

Zetor

Arcane
If you make your own bolts, be sure to bring your own syringes / microEMP dischargers / bolt triggers -- you'll find enough of the payload materials in DC, though. If you craft your own meds/drugs, getting some gizzards from the Foundry may be a good idea as well...

Hey, where can I find the Acid Hunters? I gave the dude the eel sandwich in Core City but that was before my vacation, so I forgot what he said.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Yeah it's very good, but also depends on your build. Knife builds tend to use bleeding feats a lot so you'll also go for serrated shock knives that add bleed. Pneumatic fists that add bleeding and stun the enemy every 4th hit with +200% damage are also great for dex builds.

Skip bleeding.

It is 2 extra feats you dont have slot for. Not worth it. Up to lvl 20+ you need to take better feats than both 2 bleeding feats (vile weaponry/taste for blood).

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik

Cutt-thoat is probably best knife feat, except for Cheap shots.

On par with Dirty kick.

You can kill easily groups of 2 enemies without sounding any alerts, cutt-throat one, stun with taser/kick second. ln upper underrail lunatics base you can kill destroy all enemies without sounding alert just 1 by 1 (or 2 by 2).

I think Cutt-throat is too powerful, for most enemies it is 100% death sentence, also it is completly silent.

p.s.

"This feat requires 30 AP and since I've come out of stealth I now have next to no AP and very few movement points, which means I have almost no remaining options for that turn." Spint and Fancy Footwork are feats you probably want to take on silent knife-assassin. Also take Blitz and stock some adranaline (i usualy have around 80+ of adrenaline shots in inventory).

Skip bleeding.

It is 2 extra feats you dont have slot for. Not worth it. Up to lvl 20+ you need to take better feats than both 2 bleeding feats (vile weaponry/taste for blood).
Disagree completely. The bleeding perks are awesome, and should be high priority for any knife/fist build.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Does anybody here know what I can do with these weird items like head of the Rathound King or the Head of the Beast?
Head of the Beast can be mounted in your house, Rathound King I never found a use. Maybe you are supposed to also be able to mount it but I never got that option.

epeli

Arcane
You can also sell the Head of the Beast to certain genetics researchers. NPC heads are usually involved in certain quests as proof of killing them.

Sykar

Arcane
Well I already solved everything around Hathor. I was hoping they'd take the head but whatever. By the way what kind of skill level (set points+attribute modifier) in electronics or mechanics do you need to craft really good stuff? More than 120?

damager

Arbiter
Are the best knives in the game findable or craftable?
crafted items are way better than whatever you can find, knives aren't different in that aspect

Thank you. I heard there is a unique knife called kukri with 20% base crit, which is supposed to be the best knife in the game. Anyone know if this is true?

Speaking about trap skill.

How many trap skill is needed so basically no enemy can detect my traps? How many throwing is needed for a 100% hitchance. How many points into crafting skills, hacking and lockpicking is needed?

Skip bleeding.

How about skipping mechanics and electronics alltogether and only go with kukri and crit feats? Would free a lot of points for throwing and trapping and some feats for it.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
The chief of Camp hathor gives you the quest to kill Rathound King (after you've solved the burrower problem), you bring him his head as proof and he takes it. If he didn't take it from you it's either a glitch, or you didn't get the quest and just killed the king by yourself.

mvBarracuda

Augur
epeli:

The official underrail wiki says that
Alvin Bate
is a protectorate spy:
http://www.underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Quests#Free_Drones

It looks like you added this information to the wiki in mid 2015, so I'm pretty sure that this information is accurate.

Is there any way to expose
Alvin Bate
in the game or are the only hints in dialogue but nothing to prove that he's actually the spy? If there are just hints: which ones are these?

ArchAngel

Arcane
The chief of Camp hathor gives you the quest to kill Rathound King (after you've solved the burrower problem), you bring him his head as proof and he takes it. If he didn't take it from you it's either a glitch, or you didn't get the quest and just killed the king by yourself.
I got stuck with it when I
got the chief and his troops to come help me kill Rathound King. Chief died during the battle and I returned the quest to his assistant who rewarded me but didn't take the head. That could probably be changed.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Did anyone try to buy enough things from Al Fabet so he is no longer encumbered? Does he move faster or anything changes in dialogue with him?

Or is his only purpose to make fun of people like me that carry Human Brains around in case I need it in the future :D

Sykar

Arcane

Maybe because he died and his deputy took over this happened. Then again it is nigh impossible to save Edgar with Anncient Rathound and Rathound King focusing on him on hard difficulty.

Shadenuat

Arcane
After 6 hours still stuck at Tithonus lab. Wiki recently got updated and says there's another card somewhere, Youri Holland's key card. Where do I find it?
There's no Y. Holland in the list of people who worked on Eos Project.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom