Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I Walt you ppl to know

I has a friend pastry to go tonight

I was going top give a lane excuse to stay home playing underraol.

But due to the blackout i ended up going out. I feel my right top be a neckbrard being violated. I wanted to play this game and be a happy weirdo. Now I'm doing normie stuff. It's artful and I envy you faggots

Ellef

Deplorable
By the way there is a 'take all' button (default: 'A'), saving precious mouse movements. Somehow did not notice that throughout 20 hours of the alpha :oops:

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
Almost through to the content I completed when I played in the alpha last year. Enough nice new touches to keep it fresh. I left crating untouched back then; looking forward to that side of things.

Russia is over. The end.

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I got stuck after 4 hours.

I'm at the the old abandoned Omega base or what's its name. I got on the second floor by stairs and looted everything, avoiding all robots. I then powered up the elevator, but it won't go to the 3d floor. And then there's a cave at the first floor, but it's blocked by boulders. I wonder if I should set up an explosive device at those boulders, but I don't have any and I don't know how to craft it. That know-it-all dude mentioned that all dynamite has been requisitioned, so how would I even go about getting some?
And then there's a locked room on the second floor with a freezer inside. It's got a shaky wall that you can maybe break or blow up, but again I don't know how.

How do I get on the third floor?

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
Game looks good, I'm not sure if choosing the oddity system was a good idea since it's never really been done before and I don't know if I'm good at it.

I Walt you ppl to know

I has a friend pastry to go tonight

I was going top give a lane excuse to stay home playing underraol.

But due to the blackout i ended up going out. I feel my right top be a neckbrard being violated. I wanted to play this game and be a happy weirdo. Now I'm doing normie stuff. It's artful and I envy you faggots

I would be playing Underrail right now, but I got a mod to mod and a oath to fulfill.
The things I do in the name of incline...

Ellef

Deplorable
Game looks good, I'm not sure if choosing the oddity system was a good idea since it's never really been done before and I don't know if I'm good at it.

It's nothing you need to worry about. It will occur naturally during playing. The great thing is you don't have to worry about choosing the method of rampage to get the most xp, just explore,search,kill and investigate and you will level up just fine.

Inf0mercial

Augur
I got stuck after 4 hours.

I'm at the the old abandoned Omega base or what's its name. I got on the second floor by stairs and looted everything, avoiding all robots. I then powered up the elevator, but it won't go to the 3d floor. And then there's a cave at the first floor, but it's blocked by boulders. I wonder if I should set up an explosive device at those boulders, but I don't have any and I don't know how to craft it. That know-it-all dude mentioned that all dynamite has been requisitioned, so how would I even go about getting some?
And then there's a locked room on the second floor with a freezer inside. It's got a shaky wall that you can maybe break or blow up, but again I don't know how.

How do I get on the third floor?

Go back to robot level in the bottom left corner there is a trap door that leads to third level, you can get key to it from body in centre or you can pick lock it i have forgotten the pick lock req i tend to just ambush the robots and smash then one by one

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
What a joy this game is to play.

Have a question. Made a hacker guy with pistol skill. I gave him the electronics crafting skill as well. So I'm wondering will the pistol skill (light weapon skill I think or something like that /dex?) help with energy weapons? Or is that skill only for normal pistols?

jimmy_pvish

Savant
Play No-Psi Assault Rifle/SMG build.
- No good gun mod available in any shop ever in junkyard
- Good Psi-Headband enhancement everywhere
- Tabi Boots at first shop.
- Nearly every shops has carrier vest for sale.

Play Psi-Unarmed build
- Not a SINGLE carrier vest available ever in junkyard.
- No mod for your Psi-Headband
- Tabi boots ? what is it ?
- Look at all these 341 awesome gun mods you never buy.

This game try to mock me.
:argh:

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
My Pistol has broken after 100 shots? Are they made from plastic in Underail? And can I turn off this I will buy 2 lockpicks while selling lockpicks?
After first mission I have zero health (cause you start with no armor now), no gun, inventory full of loot none wants to buy from me and hence almost no money to buy new one or more stimpacks.

:5/5::5/5:/:5/5::5/5:

The :butthurt:of :popamole:mases after this game will be even more Glorious than after Age of Decadence. :greatjob:

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Underrail? More like Poverty: Fuck Yo Wallet
NPC rewards credits, use all credits to buy ammo, still lacks ammo :negative:

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
underrail%202015-12-19%2014-01-39-17.jpg

Shin

Cipher
Excellent game so far. A fair warning though: there seems to be a crossbow related bug in the game which makes it crash randomly when using it. Done a search and multiple people (on the official and steam forums) are experiencing it. I'll probably just go to bed and roll a new character tomorrow. Was only a few hours in anyway. Unrelated question: is metal hard to come by? I have bought like 6 blueprints and haven't found any metal as of yet... am I doing something wrong?

Eadan

Novice
Nonsense, metagame knowledge always makes stuff easier. especially in rpgs where difficulty is based on how much information you have on your current situation.

Never said I want to know everything about the metagame. If you want to believe making decisions based on no information is a fun challenge, that is your choice. I also suggest playing the game with your eyes closed so you don't get valuable visual information that could ruin the challenge.

"Oh shit" situations is why i play games at all, if it was all smooth sailing id get bored. Also you could also improve your mercantile skill to lessen the impact of said drawback or even buy the pack rat perk and get a ton of carry capacity.

I wouldn't be surprised if these inventory / carrying / .. limitations were implemented in the first RPG games solely due to technical limitations, and then unimaginative people like you started fanatically demanding the same in every following game. I don't find anything satisfying with wasting in-game perks to partially overcome or time in real life to completely overcome intentionally placed obstacles to a more fun gaming experience.

Its not about winning the lottery you retard, game is beatable by virtually any build. Its you saying that you dont want to go tru rough spots during your playthrough.
As I said many times, I am more concerned with missing out on fun content based on my character build.

Yeah, and that reason is challenge and having new, fun experiences. So why are you wasting away your life picking rocks and searching the merchant that will buy them when its not needed or encouraged?
As fas as I am concerned putting merchants that buy those rocks is encouraging the mentioned behaviour.
Can you just go away? You are ruining this glorious topic of glorious :incline:
I will because trying to discuss what I consider flawed with the game with you lot is making me even more aware of what is wrong with the rpg genre, and this game in particular which I am hoping to enjoy.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
Just explore the areas you visit through quests and you will find scraps.

Also, go to Engineering, I believe there is a recipe there to recycle found items into components such as metals.

Last edited:
Excellent game so far. A fair warning though: there seems to be a crossbow related bug in the game which makes it crash randomly when using it. Done a search and multiple people (on the official and steam forums) are experiencing it. I'll probably just go to bed and roll a new character tomorrow. Was only a few hours in anyway. Unrelated question: is metal hard to come by? I have bought like 6 blueprints and haven't found any metal as of yet... am I doing something wrong?

Huh. I've been playing for a few hours with crossbows and no crash. I'll keep this in mind if it happens though.

Cortex_Reaver

Novice
Is the "Expertise" feat a noob trap? Adds damage equal to your level? It seems like a great feat to boost damage for a low strength 4 super fast fist-spam psi build I'm doing.

Inf0mercial

Augur
Is the "Expertise" feat a noob trap? Adds damage equal to your level? It seems like a great feat to boost damage for a low strength 4 super fast fist-spam psi build I'm doing.

It is a good pick as once you hit lvl 10 and above the damage is awesome, gives you more consistency as well, combined with full auto bursts you can destroy enemies.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom