Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Xzylvador

Arbiter
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I got stuck after 4 hours.

I'm at the the old abandoned Omega base or what's its name. I got on the second floor by stairs and looted everything, avoiding all robots. I then powered up the elevator, but it won't go to the 3d floor. And then there's a cave at the first floor, but it's blocked by boulders. I wonder if I should set up an explosive device at those boulders, but I don't have any and I don't know how to craft it. That know-it-all dude mentioned that all dynamite has been requisitioned, so how would I even go about getting some?
And then there's a locked room on the second floor with a freezer inside. It's got a shaky wall that you can maybe break or blow up, but again I don't know how.

How do I get on the third floor?

Staircase NW or a trapdoor down in a small room SE. Need key from corpse in center room, below the camera there.
Possibly there's a third way, but that'd be spoiling and I ain't really sure. It'd be pretty far above expected difficulty anyway.

Styg

Stygian Software
Developer
Hello everyone. I've been lurking on the Underrail incline thread since a few months ago, though I never posted anything.

I'll be honest: I never liked the modern concept of early access. I gave this one a try due to my friend saying it was like Fallout 2.5. It didn't disappoint and I did a few runs on the last alpha build. I enjoyed the hell out of it but I never believed that Underrail would be released at a really reasonable time. Released at a reasonable time AND wasn't a rushed job unlike the majority of these EA games from steam.

The game is so good. I still cannot believe this was mostly done by a single person with no budget and very little manpower. It baffles me that modern RPGs have hundred-man dev teams with tens to hundreds of millions of dollar budget but they all fall short vs indie games like this. At least as what I perceive as a good RPG game. From what I've heard Styg is from somewhere in eastern Europe? This is interesting because most modern games that I enjoy these days are from that part of the world. I guess my friend was right when he said "Slavs are saving our vidya games."

-

Into the next part of my post. I have a problem with crashes. I just got to the psi-beetle warehouse just north of the hopper nest. I just picked up an oddity that gave me lvl4 and my 4th feat. As I'm playing a crossbow guy, I picked up Concussive Shots feat. For some reason every time I shoot a psi-beetle now my game freezes up and a common crash error pops up in Windows. This already happened 5 times in a row. Any help on this, Styg?

tl;dr- Great game, 10/10. But I keep crashing after picking up Concussive Shots feat while shooting psi-beetles. Pls Halp.

I'm trying to edit my first post but I can't seem to see the edit button. Or is there no edit button?

Anyway, I tried playing again wishing the crash would be magically fixed after a restart.. It did.. For a time. Now it keeps crashing again on a different fight. Is anyone else having this? There is no error message or anything, just the game freezing up.

I really wanted to play this game so bad. I want to discover the story and mysteries of the Deep Caverns. Should I just roll another character? I'm thinking of doing a stealthy murderer with a knife, but I keep hearing it has problems dealing with the foundry monsters and robots. Any tips from expert knife fighters out there?

Concussive Shots feat is currently bugged. I'm working on it.

Dumbfuck
Codex 2012
Hey is there a turn button? In Fallout you'd right click tile to where your character should be facing

Or does it not matter / just aesthetic?

ArchAngel

Arcane
I found some animal pens, tried to capture some cats and dogs with them but always fail. Tried about 10 times, what is the trick with this? And what do you do with them?

Zdzisiu

Arcane
I found some animal pens, tried to capture some cats and dogs with them but always fail. Tried about 10 times, what is the trick with this? And what do you do with them?
Did you use the throwing nets first to entangle the animal? I dont know if you can catch cats/dogs but you can catch hoppers and some other small animals. There is even a quest early on that explains it.

Zeronet

Learned
I woke up today and saw Underrail needed a update, didn't realise it had already updated last night and found it pretty confusing the release update was only a megabyte. : P

ArchAngel

Arcane
Did you use the throwing nets first to entangle the animal? I dont know if you can catch cats/dogs but you can catch hoppers and some other small animals. There is even a quest early on that explains it.
I found those before getting that quest so I tried using them on cats and dogs around, it is my OCD about needing to explore everything immediately :)

BTW, is there any way to break some of those rocks in the caves during your first mission? I tried using crossbow and knife on them, could not do damage. Will standard grenade work or do I need something special?

Zdzisiu

Arcane
I found those before getting that quest so I tried using them on cats and dogs around, it is my OCD about needing to explore everything immediately :)

BTW, is there any way to break some of those rocks in the caves during your first mission? I tried using crossbow and knife on them, could not do damage. Will standard grenade work or do I need something special?
There will be a way to do that later on when more powerfull explosive charges are introduced to shops. Then you can buy them and blow all the rocks that have the letters over them, and there is a plenty of them in different parts of the caves, and blowing them up can open secret places or ways to get to your objective. So, just continue with your current missions and you will be able to get rid of the rocks later on.

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I supported Underrail years back when it was in Alpha phase and on a pre-order sale on GamersGate and I'm so very glad I did so. I'm also pleasantly surprised to see that it has come out even better than I had expected. Congrats Styg!

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
736418ddaa.png

I'm trying to imagine what sort of pathetic creature resorts to farming cave hoppers. :lol:

I imagine GMS Compound has been successfully weeding out the console gamers who attempt to play Underrail ever since it was implemented.

groundhog

Educated
Congratulations Styg!

Just purchased the game on gog and I'm looking forward to finally playing it, after managing to resist all temptations to try it before it was completed.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
736418ddaa.png

I'm trying to imagine what sort of pathetic creature resorts to farming cave hoppers. :lol:

How can you make money with Cave Hoppers? I guess materials for leather items / tailoring?

I am Sanford and Sons in early game. Scrap this, Recycle that.

Xzylvador

Arbiter
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Styg, did you change the sort function in inventory and auto-balance at merchants?

Minor gripes, but auto sort doesn't (re-)stack items (say you have 2 grenades, or split currency) and I think it should.
And when paying merchants in the station, the game keeps prioritizing stygian coins instead of the station's own corpscrip (sorry, forgot the name). Even if I add all the station currency first and then auto-add the rest, it'll remove it and just add stygian coins. Nothing big but kind of annyoing.

Black

Arcane
736418ddaa.png

I imagine GMS Compound has been successfully weeding out the console gamers who attempt to play Underrail ever since it was implemented.
I farmed zombies in Arcanum Ashbury cemetery, sue me.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Even if I add all the station currency first and then auto-add the rest, it'll remove it and just add stygian coins. Nothing big but kind of annyoing.
Yeah, agree.

Also, for anyone who confused a little about inventory managment, I have a few tips. Possibly it's not for glorious codexers, but from those who coming from google.
First, you don't need to sell absolutely all. Yes, I hate it too if I left something somewhere on the floor, but believe me - items that cost less then 1000 SGS credits worth to lug around only in the very beginning of the game. For example I never ever sell usual knifes and sledgehammers (only crowbars that I can't recycle lol), these tends to cost less than 1000, their weight is huge - just recycle such crap, then just make repair kit from it - you can often sell it to merchants, it weighs negligible.
Later on you anyway start to recycle armour that cost 4000 credits hehe.
Recycle crap--->make repire kits--->get rich!

Hobo Elf

Arcane
736418ddaa.png

Wow, there's so many things wrong with this. Not only is it a horrible waste of time, but it means that some people aren't playing with the Oddity XP. If they wanted XP and cash faster and easier they could just keep importing their character and redoing the tutorial cave.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Even if I add all the station currency first and then auto-add the rest, it'll remove it and just add stygian coins. Nothing big but kind of annyoing.
Yeah, agree.

Also, for anyone who confused a little about inventory managment, I have a few tips. Possibly it's not for glorious codexers, but from those who coming from google.
First, you don't need to sell absolutely all. Yes, I hate it too if I left something somewhere on the floor, but believe me - items that cost less then 1000 SGS credits worth to lug around only in the very beginning of the game. For example I never ever sell usual knifes and sledgehammers (only crowbars that I can't recycle lol), these tends to cost less than 1000, their weight is huge - just recycle such crap, then just make repair kit from it - you can often sell it to merchants, it weighs negligible.
Later on you anyway start to recycle armour that cost 4000 credits hehe.
Recycle crap--->make repire kits--->get rich!
How do you disassemble stuff?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom