Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

epeli

Arcane
I think it's somewhat important that the very, very early game experience (for everyone, not just min-maxing grognards who've already been playing hundreds of hours... guess which category your testers probably fall into?) not be excessively obnoxious for the sake of making sure X or Y isn't "too OP" later.

Let me assure you, making things pointlessly hard is not Styg's intention nor style. He'd rather make players too OP than too weak and then slowly work down from that, as seen in the previous iterations of the psi system. And the devs certainly minmax less than your average grognard does - not that minmaxing would change the first few levels in any significant way.

Also keep in mind that you are playing on hard - that's definitely not for everyone. It has the most profound effect is on early game since avoidance, armor mitigation and energy shields do not yet have much of a role.

In any case, I'm sincerely looking forward to reading your opinions and suggestions on psi as a whole once you've completed a playthrough. Good luck and may psi open its secrets to you. :salute:

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Also did you guys noticed changes in fishing? :D
72f042d24729c15f1d40486594b9c46c.png

At last, my madskillz in paint.:negative:
7LBD66J043_thumb.jpg

7LBD66J043.bmp

Last edited:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Gonna ask again since I didn't get an answer. Do regular pistols work the same way as energy pistols? I mean they benefit from the same skills, feat, dex and perception?

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Gonna ask again since I didn't get an answer. Do regular pistols work the same way as energy pistols? I mean they benefit from the same skills, feat, dex and perception?

Energy pistols=fire arms, except a few feats that work only for firearms, not energy pistols.

Also guys, I advise that you save in few different slots on territories that even partially controlled.
In 1.0.0.0 were implemented new scripts, so you can do something that induce hostility of some faction.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
How about burrowers? You can't got keycard without Persuasion (or you can?)

You can't. *cry*
Had a minor OCD-induced stroke when I found out part of the map was now unaccessible to me.
You can get it later from the Scientist in your homebase. The one doing the experiments on animals. You need to whine to him that Gorsky stopped you from collecting valueable data.

Cortex_Reaver

Novice
Found a small map bug.

On the bridge leading to raider hideout past the GSM compound there is a steel barrel that you and enemies can simply walk through. It's the first barrel (closest to the bear traps).

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Calling Styg to this:

GOG thread said:
Good luck, I've been trying also and it seems he's just ignoring anyone who brings the issue up. Thankfully the pirates are supporting the game. Pretty fucked up when pirates are giving better customer service than the actual developer.
For the dumbasses that bought it on gog, I hope he doesn't decide that they are too much work to justify patching the game and abandon it to only update the steam version.

Thankfully, this wont happen to me anymore. Bought this game years ago, but now I just skip the buying and go straight to pirating. No point in paying for a game I'm going to have to pirate anyway. This shit happens too often.

Pirating realFallout 3. What is this I don't even.

:butthurt:

ArchAngel

Arcane
I found some animal pens, tried to capture some cats and dogs with them but always fail. Tried about 10 times, what is the trick with this? And what do you do with them?
I was able to capture them easily just by initiating combat when one of them was nearby, then using the animal carrier on them, no net (or stealth) required.

Not sure if exploit or "clever use of game mechanics"...
Are you talking about cats and dogs or hoppers?

epeli

Arcane
Calling Styg to this:

GOG thread said:
Good luck, I've been trying also and it seems he's just ignoring anyone who brings the issue up. Thankfully the pirates are supporting the game. Pretty fucked up when pirates are giving better customer service than the actual developer.
For the dumbasses that bought it on gog, I hope he doesn't decide that they are too much work to justify patching the game and abandon it to only update the steam version.

Thankfully, this wont happen to me anymore. Bought this game years ago, but now I just skip the buying and go straight to pirating. No point in paying for a game I'm going to have to pirate anyway. This shit happens too often.

What, they're mad at developers because GOG.com doesn't handle patches during weekends unlike Steam? :retarded:

Ent

Savant
I'm about 10 hours in and I'm regretting putting points in persuasion. Is it better going for another weapon type or more crafting options rather than taking a communication skill? Also, whats a good amount of perception for an smg user if all I want to do is use it for close ranged burst occasionally? I'm mainly using it as a back up for my knife guy but some of the feat choices seem so nice that I might want to use it more when I have more ammo to play around with.

Last edited:

udm

Arcane
Patron
Calling Styg to this:

GOG thread said:

What, they're mad at developers because GOG.com doesn't handle patches during weekends unlike Steam? :retarded:

My bad, I should have linked the post/thread for better understanding of context:
http://af.gog.com/forum/general/release_underrail_1cc4d/post125?as=1649904300

Last edited by a moderator:

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Calling Styg to this:

GOG thread said:

My bad, I should have linked the post/thread for better understanding of context:
http://af.gog.com/forum/general/release_underrail_1cc4d/post125?as=1649904300
Haha so its basically "I bought the game on Desura and it went the way of the Dodo, That evil Styg is now giving Steam keys to those who had the game on Desura but I dont like Steam, it stinks, I demand GoG key!"

Last edited by a moderator:

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
I almost feared that this was a nasty bug that somehow crawl into release, but it seems that quest for Fishing that Kareem offered before, was just replaced with more interesting. :russia:

udm

Arcane
Patron
I wonder, though, how many of those who own the game on Desura had actually acquired the game via the Groupees bundle, which you could only pay a dollar for to get Underrail along with another game.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
What the world owes these non-contributing zeroes for ten dollars. I am going to buy another gog key and give it to someone who isn't s sniveling, entitled nothing just because.

Xzylvador

Arbiter
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
How about burrowers? You can't got keycard without Persuasion (or you can?)

You can't. *cry*
Had a minor OCD-induced stroke when I found out part of the map was now unaccessible to me.
You can get it later from the Scientist in your homebase. The one doing the experiments on animals. You need to whine to him that Gorsky stopped you from collecting valueable data.

!!! Thank you for that info. Would've probably found out later, but good to know nonetheless.
Avoiding those nasty critters for the moment though. They were much easier to deal with shooting assault rifles and psychokinesis during EA than now with my stealth/crossbow guy.

Zetor

Arcane
I found some animal pens, tried to capture some cats and dogs with them but always fail. Tried about 10 times, what is the trick with this? And what do you do with them?
I was able to capture them easily just by initiating combat when one of them was nearby, then using the animal carrier on them, no net (or stealth) required.

Not sure if exploit or "clever use of game mechanics"...
Are you talking about cats and dogs or hoppers?
Hoppers, ofc.. I haven't even tried capturing the cats/dogs, figuring their owners wouldn't be very happy about that.

(that said, the cat and dog sounds are kinda obnoxious -- whenever I visit the cantina, I get flashbacks to the Divinity OS fight in the temple with the captives yelling some variation of "OMG don't kill us!11" every 5 seconds or so...)

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
I bought too much Underrail in rapid succession from GoG that they have blocked me from purchases for suspicion of fraud or something. Support ticket opened.

Why don't hey allow purchase of multiple gift copies at once? (I asked them, awaiting reply). It's like Pierre Beague is in charge of their business development.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Random cosmetic question ... do armor, helmets etc. appear visually on the PC in the game field?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom